PDA

View Full Version : GSXR1300 motor into a 93' GSXR1100 chassis??

dragracer
27-11-2008, 02:06 AM
Hello to all from down south in the USA.

I was directed to this site by a post from DRAGBIKE.com. The poster stated that if anything motorcycle related could be done, odds are a member of this site has tried it at least once.

My question: Has anyone attempted to install a GSXR1300 Hayabusa motor into a 93-98 water cooled GSXR 1100/750 chassis?? Let me know and please post a few details and pictures on the conversion.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Frank

Deano
27-11-2008, 08:47 AM
i guess it could be done. be prepared to fab all new mounts. change the throttle bodies from downdraft to side draft as they hit the top frame spares.

i would think that starting with a twin spar frame would be alot better starting point. also the w/cooled frame is bloody heavy. i would start with a srad 600 frame if i was gunna shoe horn a busa motor into something that wasn't ment to have one.

this coversion has been down with a srad 600 before

chopaweeza
27-11-2008, 09:23 AM
I read somewhere about it being done with a 1300 into a water cooled 750 before. I remember it because the builder said that the work needed was so in excess of what he anticipated that it would have been cheaper to buy a Spondon. Didn't see any photo's of it but there was a precise description of what he did. Can't remember where though.

Fight_fan
27-11-2008, 10:08 AM
What about the T7-13? Wasnt that a turbo bus motor in a 750 frame?

Shadowzone
27-11-2008, 10:22 AM
Mate with the exchange rate the way it is now for you yanks, just get ben to do it for ya and ship it home!

If anyone can he can...

gibbo
27-11-2008, 10:49 AM
Saw a write up on oldskool suzuki had a busa into an srad 600, road bike too from memory.

Deano
27-11-2008, 12:19 PM
quote:Originally posted by Fight_fan

What about the T7-13? Wasnt that a turbo bus motor in a 750 frame?

i think that was a 2005 or so frame though and twin spar not cradle.

huge difference but yes you are right it was a 750

dragracer
02-12-2008, 01:56 PM
Come on gentleman, surely someone has done this swap into the 1st generation water cooled chassis. I've got 2 of these bikes and hate to start on a new set up. Its the challenge to i suppose plus I've got more time on my hands than money. There was a crew in Missisippi that put a Hayabusa motor into one but i can't catch up with them on the net for pics or details. Was hoping you guys knew of someone down under that did this swap also.

Thanks for the replies so far.

Booster
03-12-2008, 07:21 AM
We looked briefly at the fit in Livewires dragbike frame and compared a set of early cases in one of my busa frames, can't remember exact details, but suzuki didn't change things much over the years, it is close on the two rear mounts.your going to have to fabricate mounts or adaptors anyway