PDA

View Full Version : P I track day

gibbo
25-11-2008, 03:28 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/30618574543681.jpg

Still can't get my knee down but did manage to ground the rear brake lever going round honda, through sheer arse I kept it up and going but noticed this back at the pits. I reckon I'm doing something wrong[?]

gibbo
25-11-2008, 03:29 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/30618574550012.jpg

As you can see, no other damage.

Fight_fan
25-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Jst fuck that leaver off hey gibbo! Save a bit of weight n all that too! :D

gibbo
25-11-2008, 03:32 PM
By the way the Suzuki and Kawasaki teams were down ther setting up for testing, they had enough tyres to keep all of us on the road for a loooong time! No, they wouldn't share.

WATEVR
25-11-2008, 03:55 PM
gibbo i was doing a similar thing on the zx7 at mallala, grinding the pegs back and not my knee!! after a seesion of having a A grader follow me he said stop being a lazy bastard and move your arse. get yourself further off the bike so it doesnt have to lean as far.

grab yourself a copy of twist of the wrist, good read and very good for explaining when, where, why and how.

pt
25-11-2008, 04:42 PM
yeah is your arse off the seat? that usually cures it.

is the suzuki and kawasaki private tsting or can you get trackside to watch. would be fuckin unreal if you could....

gibbo
25-11-2008, 05:26 PM
Lazy bastard.... yeah that sounds like me.
Whilst you cannot get into the track you can watch through the fence and get a good view, been down a couple of times.

Deano
25-11-2008, 05:36 PM
what they said mate. get your arse off the seat and your head and shoulders should be the furtherest away from the bike

Weaselman
25-11-2008, 05:39 PM
Its all in the body positioning my son...

Half a butt cheek for starters will make a huge diffrence.
Take an aggressive stance with your body hanging off the bike and relax your arms a bit

TurboKat
25-11-2008, 07:35 PM
Let the hanging off thing come naturally Gibbo, the brake peg doesn't need to be anywhere near that long & you have it a fair way downwards (like me - choice of champions ;)) so I'd trim a bit off it if I were you & that will solve the problem.
Laptimes?

gibbo
25-11-2008, 09:28 PM
No lap times, just think slow. As for the hanging off I'm trying, I move before I get to the corner but the knee just doesn't stick out, could have something to do with dodgy knees or my age, I know I don't look a day over 25 but I got a couple more years than that. Gotta hit the gym hahahahahahha hahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahaha, ooh, I feel sick...
It was a Ducati club day which is a fair bit more casual than the Brougy days. Turned out to be a bad day for 1098s riders. There were a few bikes down through out the day but the worst was a 1098s went down at honda with not a lot of damage to the bike but it was full road trim tri colour so gunna cost a bit ( right arm in sling ), the other was a brand new 1098s with 440ks on the clock, he had taped over the number plate and written "running in" on it. First session after lunch and he goes down at turn 12, trashed the left hand side of the bike, again full road trim, broke his left collar bone and little finger, right wrist, hand and fingers blown up like a balloon and bruises on his head. Helmet-fucked, brand new tiger angel suit-fucked. The guy was there on his own so I drove him home in his monaro towing the remains of the bike on his trailer. before we left he askes if I could help him put his jumper on, so I did, he then said he wasn't able to do up his button up fly, to fucken bad mate!

TurboKat
25-11-2008, 09:48 PM
I assume you have to know someone in the Duc club to be able to do their trackdays eh Al?
I like the sound of a more relaxed P.I. day. :)

latheboy
26-11-2008, 05:46 AM
Sounds like a big day for some.... Did they get shitty when you rounded them up:D
Lucky you stayed up gibbo

James and owen are going down on the 22nd dec .. Someone go down and show them how its done;)

gibbo
26-11-2008, 07:08 AM
You have to be a member of the club to get in, I signed up because we advertise in the club mag and pick up some good work from them.
Nobody gets shitty, they're a pretty good bunch, I gotta say it feels pretty good riding around and under these bikes that cost 20 times what I paid for mine. There were a couple of Harley engined race bikes there, one went past me so pretty fast, and fucken loud. Allan Cathcart was there riding a HRD Vincent for motorcycle news, he had a go on one of the Harleys as well.
As for showing Owen up....err, I don't think so[:I]

HueyonaBlade
26-11-2008, 02:05 PM
What about parts and pieces for street fighters from these damaged bikes Al ie. Duck tails and the like[?]

TurboKat
26-11-2008, 02:11 PM
You've been a bit quiet about the Bikecraft Xmas party Huey... you know, the one you missed last year [V]
Are you in or are you in [?]

gibbo
26-11-2008, 03:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by HueyonaBlade

What about parts and pieces for street fighters from these damaged bikes Al ie. Duck tails and the like[?]

You'd want a fair amount of glue and patience for those parts :(

skb954
28-11-2008, 08:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by gibbo

No lap times, just think slow. As for the hanging off I'm trying, I move before I get to the corner but the knee just doesn't stick out, could have something to do with dodgy knees or my age, I know I don't look a day over 25 but I got a couple more years than that. Gotta hit the gym hahahahahahha hahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahaha, ooh, I feel sick...
It was a Ducati club day which is a fair bit more casual than the Brougy days. Turned out to be a bad day for 1098s riders. There were a few bikes down through out the day but the worst was a 1098s went down at honda with not a lot of damage to the bike but it was full road trim tri colour so gunna cost a bit ( right arm in sling ), the other was a brand new 1098s with 440ks on the clock, he had taped over the number plate and written "running in" on it. First session after lunch and he goes down at turn 12, trashed the left hand side of the bike, again full road trim, broke his left collar bone and little finger, right wrist, hand and fingers blown up like a balloon and bruises on his head. Helmet-fucked, brand new tiger angel suit-fucked. The guy was there on his own so I drove him home in his monaro towing the remains of the bike on his trailer. before we left he askes if I could help him put his jumper on, so I did, he then said he wasn't able to do up his button up fly, to fucken bad mate!

You might want to look into getting some stomp grip mate, i know it looks shit but it will definitely help. I can hang off like monkey with that stuff, without it i slide around a lot. Helps for braking too for the same reason that if your legs are locked on you can keep weight off the bars.

TurboKat
28-11-2008, 09:52 AM
I looked into the Stompgrip & found it was $65 or thereabouts so being a tightarse, I went to Bunnings & bought a packet of those self adhesive grip strips that you stick in the bottom of the bath to stop old ladies & pissed cunts from going arse up.
They are only about $15 a pack & there's more than enough to do a tank. It grips OK but doesn't stop you crashing [V]
You could always glue a sheet of 36 grit sandpaper to the tank for ultra tightarse factor ;)