PDA

View Full Version : 91GSXR 750 swingarm into 88 frame

devo
29-08-2006, 06:17 PM
I have a 91 swingarm in my 88 frame using the 5.5 inch rim
and a 180 tyre.
I find that althuogh it fits nicely the chain once set up sits awfully close to the down spar of the frame.after spacing the front sprocket to get the chain to run straight.
If I choose to leave the front sprocket as is without spacing the
chain will curve so if say I trued it up sprocket wise to straghten it the chain will touch the tyre.
The question is who has done this and what did you do the make it
work.
I hope the question makes sense.
Thanks

30-08-2006, 03:39 AM
FZR 1000 SPROCKETOR HONDA DOMINATOR 650 SPROCKET I THINK I READ SOME WHERE .HAVE YOU TRIED OLDSKOOLSUZUKI HOPE THIS HELPS REGARDS NATHAN

30-08-2006, 03:41 AM
PS TRY ALFESTORM AS HE HAS AN ARTICAL ON SWING ARMS

Benz
30-08-2006, 11:05 AM
Don't know if this will help Dave.....but when I did my Katana dragbike I used a 2002gixxer600 swingarm/rear end to fit up to the katframe. All those mods ended up cool, but to get the chain aligned I had to take/lathe 11mm [from memory] from the cushdrive/rearsprocket mounting surface to get an exact alignment. I could have used an offset countersprocket to fix the mis-match, but that would have meant I was going VERY close, [too close]to the frame.
I sent the cush drive off to a lathe dude, he took 10mm off the face, I then had to reduce the length of the sprocket mounting bolts to suit. It worked a treat, just enough clearance for a 180tyre, and missed the frame by a few mill, and the chain was perfectly straight.
I did end up spacing the countersprocket a little too, can't remember by how much though.

Benz
30-08-2006, 11:09 AM
Forgot....two ways to put on the rear sprocket. One side is slightly offset[at least the 2002/600 sprocket is ], gaining another mill or so, which is worth doing when you've got NO clearance.