PDA

View Full Version : GS motors

Fish
11-11-2008, 07:44 AM
apart from the capacity increase what's differences between GS1000 motor and the 1100/1150 motors? do they run same blocks etc like the gsxr derived engines?

Large
11-11-2008, 07:59 AM
GS is a two valve head. GSX is 4 valve

fimpBIKES
11-11-2008, 08:30 AM
i believe that the GS500 ones have turbo POOOOWEER!!!!

Fight_fan
11-11-2008, 09:16 AM
quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

Only when they arent bein trailered around! ;)

ralph
12-11-2008, 02:07 PM
I think the gs1100 are shaft driven so the blocks may differ. I stand to be corrected

dinorider
12-11-2008, 03:37 PM
the gs1000 can be bored to take max wiseco pistons that suit the gs1100,it`s the same barrells.the crankcases are different as the shaft housing on the countershaft is part of them,unlike the kwaka 1100st which unbolts and can be converted to chain drive.everything else is compatible,crank,rods,pistons,heads,and carbs using the 1100 manifold rubbers so you can bolt up the 34mm cv`s.gsx nothing but pipes is compatible.

latheboy
12-11-2008, 04:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by Fight_fan

Where is the Iceman?????? Is he still upright

Gix11
12-11-2008, 09:29 PM
quote:Originally posted by latheboy

quote:Originally posted by Fight_fan

Where is the Iceman?????? Is he still upright

I was about to ask the same thing? Is he ok? He's always here normally!

Fish
12-11-2008, 10:45 PM
quote:Originally posted by dinorider

the gs1000 can be bored to take max wiseco pistons that suit the gs1100,it`s the same barrells.the crankcases are different as the shaft housing on the countershaft is part of them,unlike the kwaka 1100st which unbolts and can be converted to chain drive.everything else is compatible,crank,rods,pistons,heads,and carbs using the 1100 manifold rubbers so you can bolt up the 34mm cv`s.gsx nothing but pipes is compatible.

So what you're saying is that if i can find gs 1100 barrels and top end I can bolt straight onto the 1000 bottom end? That would be handy.

dinorider
13-11-2008, 05:08 AM
thats what you can do.We have already done this and 100cc don`t sound much but the difference is noticeable.

TurboKat
13-11-2008, 08:00 AM
You can buy a Wiseco 1100 kit & bore the barrels but the whole GS 1100 shaftie top end is a better option because the heads have bigger valves & inlet ports - good luck finding one though, there weren't many GS 11s sold in Australia.

Fish
13-11-2008, 09:21 AM
Fuck. And the GSX 1100 stuff doesn't fit on that bottom end does it? should i just get hold of a gsx and squeeze it into the GS frame?

TurboKat
13-11-2008, 10:57 PM
Nah, like Dino said, only pipes & carbs are interchangeable between GS & GSX.
A GSX engine can be bolted into a GS frame easy, 1 of the engine mounts (bottom) is slightly different - like a GSX 7/11 conversion - you can use something from some bizzare Suzy model from memory like a GR 650 or GS 400 or something turned backwards but it's just flat plate, you could knock one up with a drill & a grinder in the time it'd take you to scrounge around the local wreckers looking for the right one.
If you put a GSX engine into a GS, it'll be a proper custom ;)
Again - good luck finding a [u]decent</u> GSX 11 engine at the right price these days, they're getting rarer & the one you're interested in on the Dragqueen site should be treated as a rebuilder because the guy has never seen or heard it run (the external appearance doesn't fill me with confidence either) [V]
How about a GSXR 750 moteur? it'd be an easy conversion, there are plenty of them around at good prices because nobody wants 'em (one sold on Ebay today for $500 with all accessories to run) they make more HP than a GS thou or GSX 11 (not as much torque) they're a lot lighter too but they're not aircooled oldskool cool [8D]

EFE 1230
13-11-2008, 11:28 PM
Spend the $$$$$ and buy an EFE 1100 donk.They can be bored out to 1230 and tuned no problem (now where have I heard that before? lol) with gsxr pistons/stock barrel, Trust me the horsepower will scare you!!!!!

zedsled
14-11-2008, 12:49 AM
Why not put the money into the gs motor? not as if they hav'nt got any balls

sharky
14-11-2008, 06:09 AM
quote:the one you're interested in on the Dragqueen site should be treated as a rebuilder because the guy has never seen or heard it run (the external appearance doesn't fill me with confidence either
Soooo Curiosity got the better of you and you checked out the site...You'll be fitting wheelie bars next and doing some REAL racing[:p]
And you know what curiosity did to the Turbokat ;)[:o)]

TurboKat
14-11-2008, 08:20 AM
EFE motors can actually be bored to 1260 on the standard sleeves, Wiseco & others make 1260 kits for 'em & they become absolute torque monsters at that capacity - definately the gruntiest 4 cyl I've ever ridden but once again the rarity of Effie motors is an issue (even I don't have any [V])
Sharky, I regularly visit Fagbike.com.au (even though my account was mysteriously cancelled ages ago & Shane ignores my emails asking him to reinstate it for some reason) because blokes that can't ride (Drag Racers) are a good source of GSX 1100 hot up bits.
Fitting wheelie bars stops you doing wheelies... why would you not want to do wheelies???
"Make no mistake, wheelies are big & wheelies are cool" Colin Schiller - Fast Bikes video - How To Pull Wheelies & Influence People.