PDA

View Full Version : Building a 250 fighter

Ryan
09-11-2008, 06:08 PM
I'm currently rebuilding an old CBR250RR i've got laying around in the shed for my missus to get her license on. She's got her L's and needs a cheapo, and my old 250 was in the shed. Due to a couple of crashes about 5 years ago when I was a learner, its got no fairings, all panels are marked in some way and a few bits need to be replaced.

I've convinced her to leave the fairings off, and she now wants higher bars as well. It also needs a headlight unit and possibly a dash, unless I can mount the current one in a better loc with the fairing removed.

As this is being done on the cheap, i will be trying to source parts from ebay, trading post and any other 2nd hand places can. I have the tools to get most basic jobs done with myself and any help I can scrounge, so this could be an interesting project for my holiday.

Do you guys have any suggestions for cheapish headlights, bar risers, dash / new mounts for mine and any other bits that may be needed? If anyone around Wagga feels like helping out I'd also appreciate a hand occasionaly.

Cheers,

Ryan