PDA

View Full Version : Copying fibreglass and/or plastic mouldings

06-11-2008, 06:18 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/345882977132452.jpg

Not sure if ASF members want to know how to make exact copies of existing fibreglass and/or plastic body parts. The accompanying photo shows the finished products, a main fairing and front guard from a 1999 model Moto Guzzi 1100i Sport. (It was a brilliant bike, uncomfortable as hell but a delight to look at and polish)
I used a system sold thru a Melbourne company 'Solid Solutions', doesn't in any way damage the original and gives you an exact copy. The fibreglass copies in the photo I've sprayed in primer.
If anyone is interested I can put together a 'How to...' although a computer crash quite a while ago lost all the photos I had detailing the entire process!!!
Rob

Issues
06-11-2008, 07:14 PM
I'm also very interested, ozkat has started a "how to" that is very informative but what you have said sounds like a different way to acheive a good result.

Bring it on, you can never have too many options on "how to".

gibbo
06-11-2008, 07:58 PM
Good on ya mate, I'd be interested in reading whatever info you can give, fibreglass done properly is a bit of a mystery to me.
Don,t worry about the other two fools, it's a long running lovers tiff;)

fimpBIKES
06-11-2008, 08:17 PM
wha???
how have i never noticed that these two wanted to bash muffs???!?!?

either way, do a how-to mate
always good to see how someone elses go about skinning a cat

sharky
06-11-2008, 08:27 PM
Thought this was a forum about bikes not a fukin playground.....

BANDITROD
06-11-2008, 08:27 PM
http://www.instantrimshot.com/

gibbo
06-11-2008, 08:30 PM
I think they should be sent to their rooms without any dinner!!!

BANDITROD
06-11-2008, 08:34 PM
FFS cmon you are killing this members thread guys

Docktor
06-11-2008, 08:41 PM
Nah they aint. just work around em. Ya seen the site he were talkin about ?
http://www.solidsolutions.com.au/index.php

$50.00 to get some kinda idea on wot to do n how to do it. Tops. Heaps o stuff there.

Pommy Chopper
06-11-2008, 08:45 PM
quote:Originally posted by gibbo

fibreglass done properly is a bit of a mystery to me.

Anything done properly is a Fackin mystery to you Gibbo!!!

gibbo
06-11-2008, 08:52 PM
Why thank you Shaun, your positive comments go a long way to restore my flagging self confidence..... you dirty pommy bastard, I'm not waiting till AFR sport, I'll be on the first plane in the morning to come sort you out[}:)] make sure you're at the airport first flight in, I'll give you a hiding then get back home in time for lunch [8D]

Large
06-11-2008, 08:54 PM
Shane and Dan,

I just deleted all those posts. I'm not trying to pull rank, just there's a time and place for everything, and I haven't had a drink all week and I'm cranky, I'm getting a headache and my piles are playing up.

Feel free to start a thread in the Terrorist Free Zone about the impending titlefight and maybe we can get a few more guys signed up for the undercards.:)

As always. Any complaints...send them to Si.