PDA

View Full Version : Kick Out

WarHound
06-11-2008, 01:34 PM
Hiya, my bike seems to be giving me the occasional kick in the rear end. I am wondering what it might be or what to check for .. chain is ok, wheel seems to be on straight and its definatley tight. Any ideas .. I was thinking maybe barings ?

Shadowzone
06-11-2008, 02:59 PM
To check if it's wheel bearings lift it onto a race stand and try and push the wheel from side to side. If you get movement then it's time for new gear round your axles. If not? it could just be the rebound/compression from your shock and the roads your riding on? otherwise it could be low tyre pressure too reacting to the road at times. I know my blade does the same, but I've put it down to the rear shock needing to be rebuilt, and it can wait as far as I'm concerned. It isn't at the life threatening stage so it's no big deal just yet.

Issues
06-11-2008, 07:17 PM
Also check swingarm pivot.

latheboy
06-11-2008, 09:20 PM
has the brake caliper come loose?

WarHound
07-11-2008, 08:02 AM
Thanks guys I will look at it this weekend. I scribbled the original message down here in a rush between pateints at work yesterday. Riding the bike home last night I can give you a more detailed description of whats happening. The bike will be riding along just fine and then all of a sudden it will skip in the back in much the same way as when your tire is dead flat, I could hear a rubbing last night too, but then it will right itself. From Greenslopes to the Gold Coast it happened twice so its not an all the time thing but I am sure that it will be if left unchecked. 8). I have noticed the rear brake has to be pumped a couple of times too so the loose brake calliper might be the issue, but when I checked the bike over everything seemed cool .. so its up on the stand this weekend and see how we go 8)
Any other suggestions greatly appreciated.

WarHound
10-11-2008, 03:24 PM
Gday .. well I checked the bike on the weekend .. there didnt seem to be much sidewards wheel play but what I noticed when I watched the wheel turn is that it has an oval kind of movement at on the axle. I am guess that I can be pretty sure that its the barrings ??? Again all advice is welcome. Yamahahahahah quoted me 120 for a full set of new barrings including seals ... does that sound about right or should I go elsewhere ?

zx12argh
10-11-2008, 07:35 PM
Pull the bearings out mate - they should have markings on the lip. Take them to a decent bearings place (www.conbear.com) and they should be able to match them. Kawasaki, Honda etc usually grab off the shelf bearings and seals.

WarHound
11-11-2008, 01:06 PM
That sounds cool I called Yamaha and they wanted $120.00 for a bearing kit .. :(

Hagarr
12-11-2008, 08:48 PM
Gearbox??

Any particular gear?/

What Engine Suzi Yami ???

Maybe dog's on gears??

WarHound
14-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Rear Wheel
1999 R1
Happens in all gears
Wheel rolld eliptically is the best work I can use to describe it 8)