PDA

View Full Version : 954 blade headlight problem

hooligan
03-11-2008, 06:52 PM
I'm looking after my mates 954 fireblade for a while (he's gone OS ) and was riding his bike (just to charge the battery, of course) and when I got back, noticed his headlights had stopped working.
Fuse is fine, globes are fine (unlikely that all three would blow at once anyway). It has been dropped at a trackday at the 'creek, but I'm just guessing that a connection has shaken loose on Sydney's racetrack smooth roads.
Anyone advice on where I start looking (cos I know nothing about blades, or bikes with fairings)?

Funkenfresh
03-11-2008, 07:30 PM
wish i could help yeh but my loom is a mess... and i have nothing to see what it could be... i doubt a connetion has come loose..

03-11-2008, 08:14 PM
Trace the wires from the headlights to where they go...If the lights are running thru relays the prob could be there....
I'm willing to help ya out if ya want

Weaselman
03-11-2008, 08:27 PM
im going to say Regulator Rectifier...

Only cus almost every person i know with a honda has had a problem with them.
My mate works for a bike hire place and their VFR 800 came back with the same problem.

Slain
04-11-2008, 01:02 PM
the wiring for the headlights is 3 clips on the back of the globe, from there it goes down the throttle side of the fairing just behind the front indicator. there is another conector for the front half of the wiring loom.
have you put a test light onto the headlight connector behind the front fairing stay to check if power is going to the globes themselves???
sorry i cant be more helpful but my bike is 2500km away from me at the moment so i am only going off memory.
oh and if you search for it in google you can still download the entire honda service manual (70mb) off i think its cbrworld forums or sooemthing like that.

hooligan
04-11-2008, 06:31 PM
Thanks guys.
Slain, thats the kinda info I was looking for.