PDA

View Full Version : front end swap for slabbie

DiscoDan
02-11-2008, 04:22 PM
Howdy

It looks like I've the engine sorted for my slabbie project so now my attention is shifting to the wheels and suspension. The forks are forked and I want to move to 17" wheels so the question I'll put out there is:

What complete non-USD front end will fit onto a 88 GSXR11 with minimal mods? Bonus points if the matching back wheel drops straight in as well. I don't want to drop the front end too much so longer forks would be nice.

At the moment I'm homing in on a K model GSXR or the RWU model CBR600RR (I'm assuming the RR wheels will be lighter than the GSXR). I believe the RR forks and clamps are a very simple fit but would love to hear from anyone who can confirm that.

thanks in advance
danny

02-11-2008, 05:41 PM
Complete 89 (K) 1100.....tho you may want to run 88 (J) 750 triples to get the bars below the top clamp....slabbie igintion barrel doesn't either.....check out oldschoolsuzuki in the 7/11 pages it's done the CBR swap and pretty straight forward

dinorider
03-11-2008, 09:07 PM
88 750 has the same stem and bearings and I believe up to 93 has the same as well.mind you a good engineer can modify your stem to suit just about any triple clamps,I did this to get a 96 750 front end on my L 1100 frame.

DiscoDan
04-11-2008, 07:56 AM
Thanks guys, I'm looking for a real simple drop-in given a complete lack of time and a decent place to work on the bikes. Leans it towards the K model on that basis but I'll check out the CBR option a bit further