PDA

View Full Version : KTM 300 EXC 2stroke motard

shultram
01-11-2008, 02:21 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/42040666543470.jpg

hey fellas. pretty soon im retiring my 02 300 exc 2stroke from the bush its a wicked bike so i can't bring myself to sell it. so im gunna re register it and make it into a motard for the odd sqirt. plans so far are to spray the frame bright orange (ala superduke R), brand new all black plastics, orange motard rims and polished expansion chamber and pipe. i was wondering what you guys think would be good ideas for it particular in the headlight arrangement, blinker, engine and the suspension. id really like to get some more power out of the engine somehow and if possible keep the stock suspension. any input would be greatly appreciated. cheers
p.s same bike as in photo except with all black seat and no barkbusters

WATEVR
01-11-2008, 06:31 PM
welcome mate that would be a great fun bike when its finished, i would suggest just maybe give the top end a fresh set of bits and have a play with the gearing to make it a bit more road friendly. keep the picks coming.

Weaselman
01-11-2008, 07:03 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/420407328124502.JPG

2 stroke tards are fuuuuun

shultram
01-11-2008, 08:37 PM
weaselman is that yours? that headlight unit is sik thats defo the type of thing im after. love those stumpy litle motard fenders as well.

Bear
01-11-2008, 09:00 PM
A 300cc 2-stroke motard is gonna be a handful on the road! :D
Ride her first before you look for more power. You may find that it's got enough or look for more down low.
In case you haven't considered, 2-strokes spin the rear wheel when they hit the power band in the dirt but you won't get any wheelspin on the road = wheelies.
Deciding what gearing to run will be the hardest part.

Weaselman
01-11-2008, 09:18 PM
quote:Originally posted by shultram

weaselman is that yours? that headlight unit is sik thats defo the type of thing im after. love those stumpy litle motard fenders as well.

Was mine sold it on a while ago...
Awesome fun. 2 stroke dirty bike on sticky tires and big rims was fuuuuuuuuuun

Also a good way to loose your licence hahaha.

It was a 92 (I think) CRM 250

01-11-2008, 09:41 PM
the 300 exc is a beast. might i suggest some flush mounts in the number plate surround.(around the headlight.) Acerbis make some good halogen lights. put some barkbusters on they save a load of damage and help it slide rather than dig in and bend bars etc.
I had a 250 sx 03 and spent money on suspension. can't remember the brand just now but you can change the piston in the shock resevoir for a nitrogen bladder. the bike went from an animal to awesome . lap times just dropped. the engines are strong as and shouldn't need an upgrade of power. hope it helps a bit. can't wait to see more of it.

shultram
02-11-2008, 08:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bear

A 300cc 2-stroke motard is gonna be a handful on the road! :D
Ride her first before you look for more power. You may find that it's got enough or look for more down low.
In case you haven't considered, 2-strokes spin the rear wheel when they hit the power band in the dirt but you won't get any wheelspin on the road = wheelies.
Deciding what gearing to run will be the hardest part.

i used to ride it every now and then on the road when it had rego and your right it can be a handful. heaps of fun though if ya know the bike, absolute wheelie machine!