PDA

View Full Version : CBR Wheel fit to Slabby race bike

guzziracer
01-11-2008, 09:02 AM
Hi there
I am currently re building my 87 gsxr750 after a 200kph get off at oran park, (cant beleive how well these things crash)bike did much better than I did)
I am attempting to fit 2000 model CBR 600 rear wheel which matches up beautifully but will not accept the standard GSXR rear brake calliper. The inside part of the calliper hits the wheel flange and will not locate correctly.
Is there a rear calliper that will bolt straight in in place of the original using the standard suzuki mounting set up.
Guzzi Racer[:X]

03gixxerpilot
01-11-2008, 09:29 AM
:Duse cbr hanger and caliper will fit right in no probs

DiscoDan
02-11-2008, 03:46 PM
Hi Guzzi Racer,

When you say the CBR wheel 'matches up beautifully' does that mean it's a drop-in without new spacers etc required?

cheers
danny

02-11-2008, 05:44 PM
check ouy 7/11 pages at oldschool suzuki

guzziracer
04-11-2008, 08:31 PM
"When you say the CBR wheel 'matches up beautifully' does that mean it's a drop-in without new spacers etc required?"
Yep..total instant fit.No new spacers..Just have to get a sprocket to match the heavy duty chain on my bike and a cbr brake calliper..then possibly the calliper wont fit the gsxr calliper hanger and a cbr calliper hanger will be required.. then the cbr calliper may need new spacers to fit.. :)
Will put up a post when the jobs done.
Guzziracer