PDA

View Full Version : Cam Oil Lines

Slingblade
30-10-2008, 08:26 PM
Hey fellas,

Anyone have the best place to source cam link braided lines for a 1200 bandit? Googled a few places in the UK but they want a small fortune for two six inch lines. Doesnt help the aussie dollar is in the toilet at the moment i suppose.

Anyone with any lying around who wants to do a deal let me know.

I am back on the road WOO HOO!

oldskool
30-10-2008, 09:18 PM
Make them yourself out of speedflo brake line and fittings. Easy[^]

BANDITROD
30-10-2008, 09:30 PM
or give goodridge a call mate they made mine

Slingblade
30-10-2008, 09:37 PM
Hey rod can you remember how much they were roughly?

I would prefer not to mess with oil lines oldskool. Much the same as brake lines. I leave it to the experts.

Jockney Rebel
31-10-2008, 02:26 AM
nathan get some fittings and ill do em for ya ive got 3/16briaded line inthe garage ..

Slingblade
31-10-2008, 06:06 AM
Hey Jim thanks for the offer mate. Much appreciated. I will make some enquiries about fittings.

I dont know if speedflow sell direct to the public or if i need to go through a dealer.

Cheers

oldskool
31-10-2008, 06:17 AM
er yer, no probs I am an expert. any good speed shop will sell the fittings, Jim if your doing it remember to make double lines not just cam to cam.

BANDITROD
31-10-2008, 12:53 PM
old mate jim knows what he is doing;) and hey jim do ytou still have the measurements i gave ya[:0]

TurboKat
31-10-2008, 01:07 PM
There was an article about these in the Bible a couple of months back Nath, I suggest you get hold of it & read up, they reckoned the cam to cam links were a waste of time & did fuck all but the links from the oil pump/pressure switch/wherever were worthy.

Jockney Rebel
31-10-2008, 03:01 PM
erm probably rod ..lol ive got a brain like seive
..old skool ta imnot sure what u mean tho by doubles ?i know the cam to cam lines dont actually do anything ..
tk i read that article and it makes perfect sense
sling i can get speedflo fittings and i think we can get a cheaper version too not sure ill look it up just ask fo the screw on fittings as i siad ive got enuf 3/16[ which is too small really ] or ive also got some 1/4 and some3/8 teflon hose i can also do them in black kevlar line too if ur banjos are 10mm but theyll be ordinary plated fittings

Slingblade
31-10-2008, 03:28 PM
Hey old skool, i appreciate the advice mate but i am not confident enough to mess with hose fittings myself.

Hey Darren you get back ok mate?? I wont forget jamming an entire GSX1100 and half a gixxer into a Hyundai Elantra. I am filthy i didnt have my camera!! . Getting the lines is purely cosmetic! i realise the cam lines do sweet FA except hold a few ml's more oil but they look shit hot and i cannot own an oil boiler and not have some juicy braided lines.

Hey Jim thanks for the offer mate. There is no rush at all. Maybe we can tee up a ride seeing as you are only on the central coast and we can talk more about it then????

hooligan
03-11-2008, 06:41 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/83830339098206.jpg

Here's a shitty pic of mine. I just sent you an email, 'cos I've been thinking of getting rid of mine so I can fit frame sliders.

Slingblade
03-11-2008, 07:57 PM
Replied.

Jockney Rebel
03-11-2008, 10:17 PM
no worries nat come up anytime ..ive got an open house and a good spare room as anyone whos been here will testify [although being a scot be prepared to drink good scotch]

Slingblade
04-11-2008, 07:52 AM
Hey Jim, I am in Newy mate. So not far away. Let me know when you are up for a ride.