PDA

View Full Version : Noise Cam?

scotty
27-10-2008, 02:44 PM
http://news.motorbiker.org/blogs.nsf/dx/australia-deploys-noise-cameras.htm
Soon you may as well not even bother to go outside.....

Weaselman
27-10-2008, 03:13 PM
Fucking pigs

fucking shits me to tears
cunts

Fight_fan
27-10-2008, 03:21 PM
Yeh I heard about this the other day! Its fucking ridiculous hey! Fuck government revenue raising has stooped to a new low! I fail to understand how the mic can distinguish between one road user n the rest of the traffic adding to the overall Db rating tho! Either way, im fucked...

Weaselman
27-10-2008, 03:23 PM
should find them and set off a really loud firecracker or high pitched noise to fuck it up

Merlyn
27-10-2008, 03:31 PM
Hmms well it might stop me from driving my noisey little Kia... cant say its much of a loss :P

fimpBIKES
27-10-2008, 03:32 PM
big whoop, i'll just quieten my bike down a bit

that is assuming that its now ok for me to speed as much as i like yeah??? [xx(]

"The system is equipped with a hard drive with a capacity of 10,000 tickets. "
a lil birdy told me that harddrive HATE big powerful magnets...

27-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Surely they'll be sign posted as much as speed cameras. Just clutch in and coast past them even Harleys aren't over 94db at idle

27-10-2008, 03:50 PM
Sweet i got a star!!! (And i found out about the flood control thing, there's my something new for the day)

scotty
27-10-2008, 03:54 PM
quote:
"The system is equipped with a hard drive with a capacity of 10,000 tickets. "
a lil birdy told me that harddrive HATE big powerful magnets...
Nice one FIMP, you have even got better at spelling this arvo. Had a nanny nap av we?(not that i can spell)

scotty
27-10-2008, 04:04 PM
They've installed a forward facing camera on Mt Ousley (near Wollongong NSW) A noise cam..Break out the magnets

Weaselman
27-10-2008, 04:20 PM
fuck how could you target anything on mt ousley with all the trucks going down there...

Shit id set one off going up there in the truck if i was running heavy and the turbo was working hard

pt
27-10-2008, 04:22 PM
fuck that shit just burn the cunts who thought of putting these up. i think next time i run into a politician i am going to fucking beat them to a pulp and piss on their remains. CUNTS> where are these located?

pt
27-10-2008, 04:23 PM
or we could always sit just out of the cameras range and hit the fucking limiter just to piss them off[8D]

Jay_G
27-10-2008, 04:34 PM
cheapo jaycar kit white noise generator and put it near the mic.

or just fuck it up like they do in the uk with speed cameras and throw a burning tyre on it.

Weaselman
27-10-2008, 05:06 PM
why book a loud bike going past when the fuckers near my house play doof doof shit for hours and dont get fucking nothing!

CUNTS!!

EFE 1230
27-10-2008, 05:42 PM
We've had noise camera's on Portrush rd here in SA (turn right after the "tollgate" as you come into Adelaide down freeway)for a few years. Not sure what there set at I think they set em up for the truckies mainly, you know the one's who need to use the jake brake at 4am past all the toffee nosed wankers that own houses on a main rd and continually complain to the council about traffic noise!!!!

Weaselman
27-10-2008, 05:52 PM
i do that

but its fun

_M_
27-10-2008, 06:02 PM
First off it is to target Truckers and thus we are pretty safe, also even if they targeted Bikes our exhaust to be legal has to be measured at x distance at x revs, so this is not something that some stationary devise can measure.

Weaselman
27-10-2008, 06:06 PM
dont go thinking that'll deter the fuckers.

Ever been near canberra while summernats is on?

BANDITROD
27-10-2008, 06:46 PM
what the fuck is going on this is fucked if i see one of these i WILL take grasp of my .308 rifle and blow a great big FUCKIN hole through it and i dont care about the consequeces this shit has to STOP or it will get even more out of hand i reckon we do a mutany on kevin rudd and take over as a group what do you lot reckon

JackTar
27-10-2008, 06:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

what the fuck is going on this is fucked if i see one of these i WILL take grasp of my .308 rifle and blow a great big FUCKIN hole through it and i dont care about the consequeces this shit has to STOP or it will get even more out of hand i reckon we do a mutany on kevin rudd and take over as a group what do you lot reckon

I am with you big fella I fucking hate that spineless cunt.

BANDITROD
27-10-2008, 07:04 PM
ok thats 2

Weaselman
27-10-2008, 07:07 PM
Im not jumping on the political bandwagon here but Rudd aint the problem

The RTA is a law unto itself
They cus do shit without even bothering to even tell the state

BANDITROD
27-10-2008, 07:13 PM
fucking cunts i hate them

Shadowzone
27-10-2008, 07:23 PM
The issue is guys like me with our 19l Cummins engines 10inch straight through exhausts using the Jake brakes on the trucks. Well the Jake Brake is a safety device and I'll be damned before I let some shiny assed maggot in an office who's never even sat in a truck tell me how I can and cannot drive it, and how I should be using the safety devices in said truck. If I drive the way they want me to, I'll be out of brakes in about 30 mins and well, I got better things to do than listen to those knobs anyway.

Here is the link we all need to fix those poofters http://www.ghostplates.com/

And yes I use them on the truck and trailers. Even on changeovers Weasel, I simply affix with double sided tape and remove when changing over. The extra minute or two to do it doesn't bother me.

I also haven't had to worry overly about being booked since I started using them. If you get unlucky and get picked up the wallopers seeing them on the plates from the wrong angle the fine is worth what it saves you from getting on a day to day basis.

Weaselman
27-10-2008, 07:29 PM
i just keep the ol dual logs

no odo on my hubs.
And im with you for jakes.

Shit i used to run containers out of botany ports and id be fucked it 1 out of every 4 trailers id use in a day had fuck all brakes on it

fimpBIKES
27-10-2008, 07:51 PM
fuck
u should have one of the semi's in japan
slash cut dump pipes up the inside of peak hour traffic

fukkin UNREAL :D

BANDITROD
27-10-2008, 07:52 PM
trucks dont bother me at all they actually help me get to sleep as the highway passe's the outskirts of town but still close enough to hear every movement of the big rigs its when you cant hear them i worry cos then i know there has been an accident or something of the likes which believe it or not is a regular occurence round these parts

fimpBIKES
27-10-2008, 07:58 PM
too right rod

i live right near where the coal trains come through
and on the main truck drag

soft cocks would get used to it in about 2-3months if they werent to pussifiyed

or here is an idea
INSULATE YOUR FUCKING HOUSES PROPERLY
all these wankers go on about global warming and drive there oxymoronic priuses instead of riding motos
but if they didnt build cheap ass houses with paper thin walls and insulating glass they wouldnt here it

oh and the pussies wouldnt need air conditioners either

cunts

Merlyn
quote:Originally posted by Weaselman

Im not jumping on the political bandwagon here but Rudd aint the problem

The RTA is a law unto itself
They cus do shit without even bothering to even tell the state

For once im gonna agree... sort of... the RTA is the state govt realm... just take a look at the NSW govt and you have your answer as to why things are so fucked up.

Vicroads is run with ruthless efficiency, granted they are hated with good reason, but you need only look at Victoria roads in comparison to NSW roads and think yourself lucky if youre victorian... the only time you can actually do that :P

Weaselman
id love to see a poly try to drive an eaton fuller

BANDITROD
27-10-2008, 08:14 PM
if you think for a minute that all vic roads are great compared to nsw then think again in rural areas of both states the roads are fucking fantastic in nsw and after my journy to the AFR from Country vic i can honestly say that your roads fucking rock compared the shit we rode in vic but like said that is rural areas not sure about main freeways

Bear
27-10-2008, 08:14 PM
I'm on the other side of the fence - I used to live a few houses away from King Georges Rd in Shitney and truck exhaust brakes at 3pm in the morning wears you down after a few nights. Especially when it's not a steep road and there's stuff-all traffic around. Only traffic lights that you can anticipate.

I used to drive trucks also.

I just remembered that a year or so ago a mine in Tasmania somewhere, developed an exhaust stack/muffler that eliminated excessive exhaust brake noise and had them fitted to all of their diesels. I've been waiting for these things to become standard and factory fitted but I suppose the Polies just want to raise revenue instead of fidning a solution.

EFE 1230
27-10-2008, 08:18 PM
quote:Originally posted by Weaselman

id love to see a poly try to drive an eaton fuller
Hey Weasel, I bet your sitting at your computer in a blue singlet and in a pair of shorts!!!!!!!!!!!

BANDITROD
27-10-2008, 08:22 PM
that would be me acctualy efe they are even stubbie shorts lol

Weaselman
27-10-2008, 08:26 PM
i dont do shorts

just king gee trousers
but the missus knows the wife beater singlet (not that there is beating)

Bear
27-10-2008, 08:48 PM
I've always known the blue singlet as a Jackie Howe - "Jackie Howe became the name given to navy blue singlet tops.[3] According to legend, this is what Jackie was wearing on the day he broke the shearing record. They are still popular today among Aussie males young and old. The name "Jackie Howe," however, is losing popularity to the American term, wifebeater". quote from Wikipedia

There ya go - more American influence taking over Aussie culture! [V]

Gix11
27-10-2008, 09:07 PM
This gets referred to as "Wife Beater" by the lads back in the UK:

http://www.mediabistro.com/agencyspy/original/stellaartois.jpg

Jockney Rebel
27-10-2008, 09:22 PM
dunit just Si..lol anyway i agree with the original staement how can they accurately measure sound ...?my bikes legal at 3500rpm[if i had the stock zorsts on ] so if im in low gear at say 50pkh im gonna get nicked ..bollox

camlark
27-10-2008, 10:31 PM
i always thought blue singlets were "jackie howe" and white ones were "wifebeaters".(white ones more likely worn by the frustrated middle class office worker) kind of what kevin rudd looks like!
quote:Originally posted by Bear

I've always known the blue singlet as a Jackie Howe - "Jackie Howe became the name given to navy blue singlet tops.[3] According to legend, this is what Jackie was wearing on the day he broke the shearing record. They are still popular today among Aussie males young and old. The name "Jackie Howe," however, is losing popularity to the American term, wifebeater". quote from Wikipedia

There ya go - more American influence taking over Aussie culture! [V]

Azrael
28-10-2008, 01:28 AM
Just another Gatso..
http://www.speedcam.co.uk/gatso2.htm

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/62219977937814.jpg

debaser
28-10-2008, 02:09 AM
quote:Originally posted by Azrael

Just another Gatso..
http://www.speedcam.co.uk/gatso2.htm

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/62219977937814.jpg

Now thats what any decent citizen would do.

http://bp1.blogger.com/_AY0CMceYq_c/RlO09LcQzyI/AAAAAAAAAEg/_-JOiAo8yyo/s1600/Molotov_Cocktail_by_MelodyTuttle.jpg

JackTar
28-10-2008, 07:08 AM

and truck exhaust brakes at 3pm in the morning wears you down after a few nights.

Bear 3pm is not the morning get out of bed you lazy fucker.

Bear
28-10-2008, 12:46 PM
Well spotted! [:o)]
Perhaps 3am would make more sense? :D

lol @ the flaming brick. Is that a Molotov Bricktail? Or a Molotov Cockbrick?...

Merlyn
28-10-2008, 02:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by JackTar

and truck exhaust brakes at 3pm in the morning wears you down after a few nights.

Bear 3pm is not the morning get out of bed you lazy fucker.

Ahh but 3pm is the best time to sleep... I just got out of bed :P

EFE 1230
28-10-2008, 04:26 PM
Sorry Weasel but the "I don't do shorts" statement disqualifies you for the ASF "Truckie" award which is a shame because I'm sure a strapping young lad like yourself has a nice pair of legs.........yeah that's it bitch climb up into that cab yeah work those calves!! err sorry my mind wanders sometimes so the ASF "Truckie" award goes too....BANDITROD, mate you were neck and neck with the blue singlets, you pulled ahead with the shorts but what put you on the vinegar stroke was the fact they were "stubbies"!!!! Now you have a choice of prizes, a dog eared 1985 copy of "Trucking Life" with the poster intact (White Roadboss, GM-671/road ranger/44 Rockwells/36" dogbox) or a cassette tape of "John Laws Trucking Greats" just send me $99.95 handling fee and I'll post your choice out.

Gix11
28-10-2008, 04:37 PM
Glad to see the boys back in my old home town are doing a good job:

"This red light camera is on the A40 near Cheltenham, a road famous for having most of its Gatsos destroyed."

Merlyn
28-10-2008, 05:04 PM
im kinda happy he doesnt wear shorts... the sock tan line really turns me off... i prefer blinding whiteness.

Bear
28-10-2008, 05:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by EFE 1230

...or a cassette tape of "John Laws Trucking Greats" just send me $99.95 handling fee and I'll post your choice out.

Aaaah whatever happened to John Laws' recording career?
"dog-gone, that's just my truckin luck" was a classic. :D

EFE 1230
28-10-2008, 05:42 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/83105000421722.jpg

debaser
28-10-2008, 06:03 PM
Truckie Award???

How do I enter. Pics...stories...I never turn my exhaust brakes off ever. Stupid signs....it's not a demand to restrict noise it is a request, I considered it and I declined.

Weaselman
28-10-2008, 07:12 PM
i lost to the better man

pappas
29-10-2008, 10:25 AM
Is anyone Italian here? Isn't Gatso (Gazzo) Italian for Dick?