PDA

View Full Version : Could do with a wiring guru for this one,

TheBogyman
26-10-2008, 04:51 AM
Im up too my neck in an engine change on a 600 k4 bandit, trying to stick an 1127 gsxr1100m into it, got a lot done today regarding the fitting, and altho i do have an 1127 loom, i have my bandit one fairly well sorted for acewell speedo etc, so looking at it theres really not that much difference, but there may be enought to give me a headache, this is where i'm at so far, the engines in, the looms in, and all plugs are connected, swithcgear connected,battery in,,,,i tried crancking the engibne over but am getting nout, the difference's in the too engines are the nuteral switch, on the 1127 theres only one wire, on the bandit theres 3, i swapped the bandit switch and tried it on the 1127 engine, and i am getting a netural light on the speedo, but still wont cranck over, i hav'nt the pick pluged in as i need to change the plug, but again, it should still crank over, the sidestand has been swapped, leaving the only plugs on the bandit loom that are not connected are the heat/fire sensor, and the 2 carbs sensors, there are no plugs on the 1127 carbs, so dont know what too do here,(help needed here),,,is there any way to bypass both the sidestand switch, and the nuteral sensot so i can try and crank the engine over,,,

Large
26-10-2008, 11:42 AM
Does it have a clutch switch?

TheBogyman
26-10-2008, 09:10 PM
nope, i removed it and bypassed ith the original bandit build, i think ill have too bit the bullet and get my hands on a haynes manual for the wiring diagram, unless any of you kindly guys couls scan it and up it for me,,,,

EXBEN
26-10-2008, 09:39 PM
quote:is there any way to bypass both the sidestand switch, and the nuteral sensot so i can try and crank the engine over,,,
Link the sidestand switch wires together & connect the Neutral light wire to ground.

Stocky
27-10-2008, 06:43 AM
The 3 wires on the new sensor are likely Pink, Blue, Black

Pink is the gear sensor

Blue is the Neutral light (earth when in neutral)

Black is an earth for both

Bandit wiring looms typically only need power to the starter relay (starter button) and the clutch in (relay earths through the clutch switch)

TheBogyman
28-10-2008, 04:48 PM
Think i am going too rip out the bandit loom, and rewire the whole bike again with a virgin gsxr1100 loom, that came with the engine, means rewiring the acewell, is there anyone out there with a diagram for a acewell->gsxr1100, would cut out the need for endless tracing wires, think it would also stop any future problems with ecu incompatibility,,,ill let you know how i get on, also toying with the idea of inch bars,internal throttle,no switch's (using latching/momentry switchs mounted in the bars), and mounting the acewell in the tank,,,,should be interesting,,,,ill up a few pics as i go,,,thanks for the replys guys,,,and dont forget i need a wiring diagram for the acewell->gixer1100