PDA

View Full Version : Price for a 89+ oiler GSXR11 donk?

DiscoDan
23-10-2008, 09:23 PM
Hi Guys

I've been looking around to source a 1989 or later oil cooled 1100 motor for my slabbie. I found one in a wreckers yesterday and he wants $3,500 including CDI, carbs etc. Am I that out of touch or is that a complete rip-off? I reckon I could find a ratty but sound complete bike for that. What's the general consensus on what I should be paying for a motor and carbs in OK condition?

cheers, danny

Deano
23-10-2008, 10:13 PM
2k should pull it up i would say.

don't be scared to get a bandit motor. alot newer tonnes of grunt and not as desireable.

i got an 2004 bandit motor with 4000km on it with clutch m/c hose and slave, sprocket cover and carbs and a set of gsxr engine mounts and bolts for 2k

pappas
24-10-2008, 12:42 PM
I got a GSXF1100 motor for $1550 including cdi, wiring etc (no carbs)

Metro Spares have a Bandit motor at the moment, I reckon you could grab it off them for about $1800

hooligan
24-10-2008, 01:08 PM
I put an 87 1100 GSXR in mine. I agree with Deano, get a newer bandit motor. I've had to replace most of the starting system in the time it's been on the road.

The motor itself is great. It's been all the external components that have died, and been hard to replace.

scotty
24-10-2008, 02:07 PM
Check out the auctions for a wrecked bandit.. There cheap enough and you get the lot.....

DiscoDan
25-10-2008, 11:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by scotty

Check out the auctions for a wrecked bandit.. There cheap enough and you get the lot.....

My ideal situation will be to find a disposal GSXR with good wheels, engine and suspension at a dirt cheap price, I'll keep that dream alive. I assume everyone else here is looking for that same bike to start a project with as well.

HueyonaBlade
25-10-2008, 01:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by DiscoDan

My ideal situation will be to find a disposal GSXR with good wheels, engine and suspension at a dirt cheap price, I'll keep that dream alive. I assume everyone else here is looking for that same bike to start a project with as well.

Nah good thanks already got my project;)

gibbo
25-10-2008, 02:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by HueyonaBlade

quote:Originally posted by DiscoDan

Nah good thanks already got my project;)

Oh really, you must let us in on the secret then Dave[?]

scotty
25-10-2008, 09:02 PM
I know where there is a 89 complete(7/11), I'll try n get a price

oldskool
25-10-2008, 11:05 PM
Just got a low Km GSF 1200 to run, carbs electric headers airbox and motor $2500 to my door from Metro
to go in a slabby.