PDA

View Full Version : Least painful process for a VIV

nmilne
22-10-2008, 08:38 PM
So, as threatened, here I come with my VIV questions for all you vic'os :D I've been doing a bit of a search around the site but still have some questions...

I've started stripping the bike down, but before I go too far I need to decide whether the best course of action is to put the bike together as a streetfighter with an ADR compliant headlight setup and put it through the VIV process, or get replacement bodywork (such as the el cheapo stuff on ebay) to get it through as an 'original' and then start the mods after getting it roadworthied etc.

I'm sure putting it all back to stock would be easiest (even just from the preconceived thoughts the guy doing the VIV will have), but it will mean buying a bunch of stuff I don't want and then trying to sell them afterward. So if I can get through the VIV without too much difficulty with a reasonably nicely presented fighter, that would be my preferred option, as long as it's do-able.

Any experience going either/both routes from ppl?

Any other good pointers about how to approach the VIV process (apart from not turning up with something that looks like a shitbox :) )?

wackyrider
22-10-2008, 10:05 PM
I just did my VIV last week on an R1.
First time doing something like this and I asked the same questions u're asking. I got all types of answers, but all unofficial. I even tried asking the guys doing my VIV but all they said was that it has to be up to the manufacturers standards. I asked whether it would be ok if I had just got it roadworthy but not original. Couldn't get a straight answer...

i spent a few weeks on ebay and this site sourcing parts, and I reckon I came off good, but I still have a standard bike now with no cash to fighter it.....