PDA

View Full Version : Single sided swing arm

CBRRRT
21-10-2008, 11:14 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/70438929026461.jpg

If you have read my thread about my CBR you may have seen that I spent money on a swing arm that was no good because the shock linkage was wrong.

I have just taken out the swing arm from my Blade and it has a lug on the bottom that is correct, much like the correct one on the SSSA I put in

Do you think it would be a dangerious conversion to cut out the lug from the stock arm and have it ally welded into place in the recess on the VFR arm.

Im not thinking of keeping the arm for a future project, just that it would be easier to sell on if converted. That said, I wouldnt want to put anyone in harms way even if they are Pomms

latheboy
22-10-2008, 06:21 AM
Do it and sell to the frogs:D
Exben did the sameish thing on Vemon chopped it off and re-welded on the top (i think it was the top), I dont think its an issue as long as you get bang on in the correct spot .. Would it be worth any more to sell it that way? you might send the money moding it just to find no-one wants it or its worth less.... I would never buy it modded because i would want to do it myself...

CBRRRT
22-10-2008, 06:32 AM
I stuck it on ebay last week mate and everyone wanted the version I have on my Blade so I think it has potential to sell if its done.

I understand what you are saying about would do it your self, but there are lots of people that want a bolt on option. I had considered polishing or powder coating the arm to make it a bit more blingy to the boy racer fraternity.

I think I'll keep it for a while and play with it when I have finished my bike.

Thanks for getting back to me though Mate.