PDA

View Full Version : Finally got the R1 registred, but then....

wackyrider
20-10-2008, 09:26 PM
So finally got the VIV inspection and the RWC done last week and had my appointmrnt with VicRoads this morning to get the bike registered and my plates.

Put the plates on the bike in my break at 3:30 and then....

by 5:45 a guy from work called me outside, only for me to find my just repaired R1 taking a nap lying down on its side. He was backing out of the parking area and backed right into the bike..... [V][V]

Cracked and scratched side and tail fairing. scratched lower fairing, damaged indicators, broken mirror, bent clutch lever, scratched engie cover...

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/49546897755810.jpg

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/49546897753736.jpg

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/49546897761906.jpg

slickncghia
20-10-2008, 09:33 PM
that sucks mate. lucky all the broken bits are the bits you may have been gonna replace in a fighter build

hopefully you can get some bonus cash out of the guy to pay for some bling.

oh and can you wack up some bigger photos so i can see the scratches better lol :P

Freddo
20-10-2008, 09:37 PM
not cool

JackTar
20-10-2008, 09:56 PM
Shit some of you guys are photo spastics.

I am trying to care about fairings but it isn't paying off mate. Bad luck about all the other shit though.

Shadowzone
20-10-2008, 11:39 PM
Well Jules, now you can afford to fighter it with his insurance money!

See, you can afford a fighter! Gotta be happy about that don't you?

I know you wanted it Nekkid, you told me.

Do it, do it, do it, do it,

You know you wanna...

wackyrider
21-10-2008, 05:29 AM
Didn't realise they came up that big. Wasn't on my PC. photo's were taken after a 14hr shift at work and uploaded in a few mins. Working 90hrs this week. Don't have much time to stay fucking around with the pics. It was done off a mates laptop.

Re-sized them now

In fact, I'm off to work....

latheboy
21-10-2008, 05:59 AM
Shit man not good, first day ... thats gotta hurt .. i hope the guy who did it is going to pay .. at least he told you alot of people would have driven off

Fish
21-10-2008, 09:29 AM
^^^ ain't that the truth. Bummer though.

zx12argh
21-10-2008, 12:48 PM
What a fucking pisser - but like someone else said - use the money from insurance to buy a turbo.

fimpBIKES
21-10-2008, 04:33 PM
LOL @ turbo

the guy is paying yeah?!

BANDITROD
21-10-2008, 04:37 PM
fuck thats not cool dude anyways you may aswell fighter it now

JackTar
21-10-2008, 05:28 PM
quote:Originally posted by latheboy

Shit man not good, first day ... thats gotta hurt .. i hope the guy who did it is going to pay .. at least he told you alot of people would have driven off

That is exactly what happened to me at work when I had the Hayabusa Ivan the worst thing was I knew exactly who had done it. I got my money though[B)]

kevkatana
21-10-2008, 06:40 PM
What a cunts act. Take him to the cleaners Jules. Make the prick pays fucken heaps

pt
21-10-2008, 11:55 PM
do it through his insurance, get them to give you the cash to fix it then fucking spend it on fighterising. it is A SIGN FROM THE GODS. they have spoken and said fairings are gay!

bummer though. least you could ride it home.

wackyrider
22-10-2008, 10:15 PM
The guy works with me and came to call me as soon as it happened. It's gonna be done through insurance, expecting a call from them next week. I'm gonna try for a cash payout but never done it b4. Never had to deal with insurance. If I can get the cash payout, it's def getting fightered. If they turn out to be cunts, I might have to get it back to stock....

Fuck me, I bought the bike 2 months ago. All that time getting it ready for the VIV and registration, and it gets dropped 2.5hrs after I put the plates on it.......

BUMMER

Hillsy
22-10-2008, 11:40 PM
Get the insurance company to pay for a complete re-spray and then sell the fairings on egay. $$$$$

Shadowzone
23-10-2008, 06:45 AM
Tell the local bike shops you wanna fighter it, but have them do the work.

They'll quote top dollar for the repairs, and use that cash allowance to have it done/buy your needed bits.

They won't care and if they do go to another one who will let you do it.

Either way they still get paid and you get your fighter.

Shadowzone
23-10-2008, 06:47 AM
Or have them write it off and do a deal to buy the wreck back off his insurance company for $1k plus get your payout.

Then use the payout funds to fighter it. That's another way to do it.

geesexar
23-10-2008, 09:59 AM
man what a pisser..its gotta be a record tho

wackyrider
26-10-2008, 02:49 PM
Ah well
Went to see Brad at bikecraft. He should be sending out the quote to the insurance on monday and if all goes well a surveyor will come to check out the bike next week. Once Brtad gets the money from the insurance I'll fix the tail and ride it as is whilst buying parts to fighter it.

Then it's gonna be stripped down to the frame and send the frame and swinger to get powder coated and painting the engine all black. Gonna keep the original tail on it but might make an ally undertail with a fender eliminator. Got to also make up some brackets for the original speedo and but a new h'light for it.

I've also heard somewhere that some people have used the liner that paint the back of Ute's and pick-ups with to paint their frame. Was wondering how it turns out? Might head down that road instead of powdercoating.

Also the bodywork will get a fresh coat of paint on it.

We'll see what happens, but its gonna be a budget build. So hopefully I sell all the fairings on e-bay...

dinorider
26-10-2008, 05:53 PM
plastic covers up all the good bits but a bastard of a way to get rid of em.