PDA

View Full Version : manual camchain tensioner

geesexar
25-08-2006, 07:03 AM
hey guys have a manual camchain tensioner fitted to the 7/11. not sure on how to adjust it. woulda thought to loosen bolt, manually turn motor over, then turn bolt in till in touches the arm??? any help would be appreciated. Also i was told that the motor needs to come out to do the tappets? its 91 gsxr750 frame and a 91 1100 motor...cheers[?][?]

alfiestorm
26-08-2006, 07:08 AM
I have an APE manual camchain tensioner and after seeing what had happened to a friends engine after he had adjusted it the way you are thinking of doing it I now remove the whole thing from the engine and then i measure the distance from the edge of the barrel to the back of the camchain guide (arm) as it is pushed in and then adjust the manual tensioner so it is 0.5mm longer than the measurement and never had a problem but it does take a bit more time.

Not sure about having to take the engine out but i have read in the streetfighters mag over here that it is a bastard when the time comes to do the tappets as the engine has to be dropped

pesh
30-08-2006, 01:05 PM
the motor wont havta come out it'll prob just havta have a few of the mounts undone to drop the motor at the front ... well thats what i had to do with my 7 / 12 hope its been of some help

geesexar
01-09-2006, 03:58 AM
thanx guys...i will try to drop the engine and see how it goes if not i can always pull the motor right out and do sum other things at the same time...cheers:D