PDA

View Full Version : Brake lines and how and where ?

Docktor
15-10-2008, 09:47 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/50401552159277.jpg

ok, I got twin lines runnin from my master to my calipers.ie 2 long as fuck lines.....They are pissin me off and gettin in the way of the little basket i have for the front...... From stock it was 1 lines from master, thru a splitter into two and down to the callipers... right ? follow me so far ? yes ? then read on........

I wanna run a single line from the master to the first caliper, another shorter line out of the first caliper over the front guard to the 2nd calliper.

Yes ? / No ? probably be hard to bleed I guess but is it plausible
Any negatives in this idea

latheboy
15-10-2008, 10:12 AM
Yes ... it's all good to do that .. The K2 front i've just on has the lines set up that way.. easy to bleed ..
Hella do lines for them or might even make them or Enzed and pirtek would make them up .. i got mine from stu .. I hope you havn't rubbed a hole in the basket from the lines, they are getting rare

Docktor
15-10-2008, 10:51 AM
Excellent, I got hoppers stoppers just up the road, they made the lines in the first place, they can cut it down and wack a new doohickey on it for me or i will bash em.

latheboy
15-10-2008, 11:00 AM
Tell them to do it or else .. while shaking your fist :D ... it should cost much at all but i cant quote a no.

Hillsy
15-10-2008, 11:03 AM
Quite a few bikes run the lines that way as standard so there should be no issues. You can use the syringe method if you have any problems getting the air out of the "loop" by conventional bleeding.

JackTar
15-10-2008, 12:58 PM
I am pretty sure my last bike (Hayabusa) had that as standard already, could be wrong though I was once before and it lasted 12 years.

Docktor
15-10-2008, 02:56 PM
Ok, ripped down to hop stop, they did the deed for me, raced home and ripped the brakes apart , and now I find the banjo bolts for the master and caliper are different thread !!!!. bastards !., I am now in need of a double banjo bolt with a pitch of 1.25 mm. A hint of where to get one would be cool, hop stop just said if it aint for a car we dont wanna know....

Anyone ????

miniman1
15-10-2008, 03:49 PM
I usually just go down 2 a local bike mechanic for things like that, most places will hav something laying round d workshop, or hunt round to bike wreckers.

suxukifreak
15-10-2008, 04:31 PM
Only legal aftermarket lines are Goodridge type lines.
All lines made by joe-blow next door arn't.

Just a word or warning. :)

Deano
15-10-2008, 04:45 PM
stu has the double banjo's or you could try the local bike shop for a more user friendly price

BANDITROD
15-10-2008, 04:46 PM
i thought hell lines were legal aswell des

suxukifreak
15-10-2008, 04:53 PM
Thats why it says "Goodridge type lines" mate :)

I didht want to type all the brake line brand names ;)

All the Speedflow-Earls type lines arnt legal as they might undo over time.

Thats what i was told anyway :D

Rocket
15-10-2008, 04:59 PM
HEL are legal arent they ?

BANDITROD
15-10-2008, 05:04 PM
yep thats right rocket as long as your lines have a tag on them that states the aus standard then your fine as far as i know

Docktor
15-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Dont stress fellas my lines are legal.........I went thru my bits box, found a brake caliper bolt with a hole all the way thru it, drilled two holes in the side at the right spots and migged up the hole in the end. Works a champion....is that wrong :) .... I think it will do for testing purposes.