PDA

View Full Version : GPX750 Fooked Carbies - Needless Anyone?

Guile
15-10-2008, 09:21 AM
Short of sticking a needle in my arm to forgert my bike running woes does anyone know of any options for correcting worn needles other than leaving one of my testicles at the Kawasaki dealers,

i got a quote from the wreckers for a second hand set of crabs (typo) carbs and the dude wanted $400, don't fancy paying that to find ou that they are fooked too,

might just put up with running rich mid range for what it is going to cost, then again i may save money on the fuel price alone, its drinking like an alco

any ideas anyone? apart from placing a macth in the tank or any other ideas along that theme

Shadowzone
15-10-2008, 09:27 AM
DynoJet carb needle kit mate. Cheaper than original and more bang for ya buck.

Price them up at your local dealer. While your at it if you havent already got one

hand over the kanga for a K&N filter and ignition advancer as well.

Way more betterer than standard. Stick to a 4 degree advance though.

Hillsy
15-10-2008, 10:04 AM
Check out www.factorypro.com

They do a full jet and needle kit for the GPX (code CRB-K16-1.0). I got a kit for my ZX9 through Wolf Racing at Capalaba - but I'm not sure if they are still importing the Factory Pro stuff (??)

Guile
15-10-2008, 02:17 PM
cheers lads for the posative thinking, i like your work

don't just fix it, make it fly (if its possible with a 20 year old bike)

i'll check out those dynojet needles and the factory pro kit too, it already has pod filters but i suspect they are the cheap non K&N version, they were on when i bought the bike