PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle Karma

Guile
08-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Just wanted give the lads at al's bike bits in bowen hills a pat on the back for a job well done today,

i took my bike to team moto kawasaki (next door) for a front tyre change and they couldn't undo the axle pinch bolt,

a quick chat with a bloke at al's and he loosened them in 30 seconds with an impact driver, i tried to pay him but he wouldn't take my cash, saved me a lot of dicking around trying to do them myself as no one else wanted to know,

got chatting to the boys at pipe master (also next door!)and they put me on to a company called grand prix at salisbury who can hopefully help me with my shitty carbs,

boys at pipe master are well helpfull and seem to enjoy a quick chat about older bikes where the guys at team mofo just want to sell you a new bike or some accesorries that require a house re-mortgauge,

just wanted to try and give back some of the karma

anyone here use the grand prix guys? i'm hoping to drop my bike in there tomorrow

Shadowzone
08-10-2008, 11:28 PM
Al's bikes and bits have always been good.
I avoid Team Homo like the plague cause they're a bunch
of useless wackers.
PipeMasters seem to turn out an alright product from what I've seen
But I've never owned one. (Sound good too!)

And yep it's always good to let everyone else know about the good guys.
I can't help you with Grand Prix, but give em a shot and let us know

Guile
09-10-2008, 10:18 AM
i know what you mean about the mofo boys, i didn't go back for my new tyre so still chasing one, cheapest i've found so far is two wheel tyres at black soil, trying to find something more local though

i had the guys at pipe master handle the connection of my monster pipes to my gpx and they did an excellent job wihtout wanting the earth, very friendly bunch

should be taking my bike to grand prix about 1 ish today, i'll post the outcome

red
10-10-2008, 07:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by Guilecheapest i've found so far is two wheel tyres at black soil

Watch out for those guys. I got a new set of tyres there once and when I got home I noticed they had balance weights all over the front one. Turns out they didn't take the old weights off before doing the new balance. Oh, and you get a free set of rim scratches with every set of tyres!

Shadowzone
10-10-2008, 08:26 AM
Cheaper isn't always the best. I have heard no complaints about Tyres for Bikes at Albion?

Might be worth giving them a shot.

Guile
10-10-2008, 08:39 AM
thanks for the heads up lads, i agree cheap isn't always best but on this occasion i was prcing tyres like for like, i guess the difference is in the service you receive,

i've heard good things about tyres for bikes too, unfortuantley smaller compnay higher price though, so far i'm going with brisbane motorcycles, anyone used them?

Pommy Chopper
11-10-2008, 02:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by Shadowzone

Cheaper isn't always the best. I have heard no complaints about Tyres for Bikes at Albion?

Might be worth giving them a shot.

Or not!!!!!
They had a tyre to fit a bare wheel i'd just had built by Ash's spoked wheels but point blank refused to do it cos it was nearly closing time and they were having a beer.
The excuse was they'd drunk too much to safely operate the tyre changing machine.
So i'm sat in the car park thinking of where else to go for a tyre and one of them comes out and gets in the works van and drives off.....................so too pissed up to change a tyre, not too pissed to drive!!

Fuck em i'd never use 'em.

Cheers all:D

evilkarl
11-10-2008, 03:34 PM
LOL at Al's Bikes and Bits.
Went there a few months back chasing some second hand bits for my gixxer, price quoted for a couple of brackets were more expensive then I bought brand new delivered from BikeBandit.com