PDA

View Full Version : throttle, clutch & choke cables

pt
24-08-2006, 12:55 PM
ok so i was a tad optimistic on the throttle cables being long enough and now i have bars on no throttle! (i can make really good vrooom noises now though[xx(])

so i'm a bit sceptical on lengthening the originals (mostly cause i dont trust my own work and want to be able to get home from work[V]) and i'm thinking about my options. i thought maybe i could check if another suzuki nakedbike might have something i could use cause they would need to have longer stuff? i also saw a thread a while ago about using a seperate throttle setup but then what would i do with the right hand switchgear stuck to the original throttle tube? and the clutch cable and choke cable fit roughly but i thought if i'm going to get the throttle cables the others would probably work ok as well and fit a bit better?

oh its a 1997 600 srad:)

Hillsy
24-08-2006, 01:36 PM
I'd be thinking maybe Bandit cables might fit - try taking your cables to a wrecker and see if the fittings match.
A lot of Jap bikes have generic cable fittings, so you also might find something off another model that will fit.

pt
24-08-2006, 02:10 PM
yeah i was thinking bandit too. anyone got bandit cables they dont need?:)i just answered my own question bout the throttle tube. took it off meself:Dmight get one of them quick action jobbies. anyone got good prices for a setup like that that will be long enough?

Deano
25-08-2006, 12:51 PM
just lengthen them easy job with side cutters and some bits from a cable manufacturer. i use a company called Flexible drive agencies in melbourne. they have all the bits you need

pt
25-08-2006, 04:39 PM
so do i just cut the outer sheath and the cable itself and tack a bit in there or do i go from one end or what? i might try it on the choke cable first since that sin't as important as the clutch etc.