PDA

View Full Version : Spark Plugs

Crampy
04-10-2008, 02:12 AM
Good morning y'all, i need to change the spark plugs on my 94 fireblade because they are fouled and the bike wont start.... is there an easy way todo this because im finding it really dificult? Thanks for any advice becuase im sick of being angry at the bike,

skb954
08-10-2008, 11:52 AM
You should have a plug tool in the carry tool kit. Its pretty tight, but if you unbolt the rad, shift it down, and move the plastic guard out of the way you should be able to get in there without too much hassle. If those plugs have fouled again from regular use, it could be mixture issue. If you've been briefly starting and stopping it regulary, then just stop doing that. Hope this helps

_M_
08-10-2008, 12:28 PM
Yeah you will need to undo the radiator holding bolts but probably will not have to disconnect it, just move it around to get the plug tool in.

Crampy
08-10-2008, 06:00 PM
Figured it out guys, thanks. Its about as fun as itching powder in your wet suit. Not sure why the plugs fouled but i havn't been running it and stopping it, but i think they fouled agian... SIGH[V]

Shadowzone
08-10-2008, 11:48 PM
Crampy, don't use Iridium plugs if you are they will foul at the drop of a hat for no particular reason. If this isn't the case give the bike a good sound flogging or a nice solid rev (over 8kRPM) then immediately hit the kill switch while it's revving. That may solve the problem.

If not get it tuned mate. It may be well serviced and poorly tuned.