PDA

View Full Version : Bedliner Chassis Painting?

fimpBIKES
01-10-2008, 02:47 PM
Hi blokes

i've heard of using bedliner sort of paint on the chassis
but just wondering about peoples opinions vs powdercoat etc

or if anyone has photos of bedlinered fighters could you post em up?

open to suggestions
originally planned to polish it, but afraid it might dominate things a bit much (especially with my chrome wheels and new headlight...)

i might look at going the powdercoat, but dont REALLY want to have to strip it all down just now

help a bruttha out [8)]

JackTar
02-10-2008, 11:00 AM
I reckon you should hand paint it pink with a brush fimp.

fimpBIKES
02-10-2008, 12:33 PM
cheers

zx12argh
02-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Don't be a wuss and strip the bike down for powder coating fimp. It'll give ya a chance to fix all the other bits that have been shitting you.

Issues
02-10-2008, 07:46 PM
Be careful if using the bed liner as some of them do not go hard, they stay soft underneath and went they get hot they melt and they are very flamable. Rhino liner is like this, I have also used extreme coatings and theirs goes hard.

A bloke I work with brother inlaw does these poly spray coatings and is available in colours. He does these for industrial aplications and is based in bris so not realy and help to you fimp but I'm sure others do it too.

Weaselman
02-10-2008, 07:51 PM
Killrust!

Used it plenty of times

fimpBIKES
03-10-2008, 09:05 AM
yeah, was thinking about that weasel

ive done 3 coats of killrust black on the side inside walls of my van
sanding between coats etc it doesnt look to bad i guess

actually, riding around in the sun yesterday
i like it shiny

dammit, stupid me
wish i'd make my mind up

i was dead-set on polishing, til i got these new rearsets
and they are such a nice deep gloss black...

fimpBIKES
03-10-2008, 09:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by Issues

Be careful if using the bed liner as some of them do not go hard, they stay soft underneath and went they get hot they melt and they are very flamable. Rhino liner is like this, I have also used extreme coatings and theirs goes hard.

farkkk

thanks for the heads up, that'd be the end of it eh!
its bloody hot here too, went to do a wreckers-turn in a carpark yesterday and my sidestand dug a big-ass hole into the tar LOL