PDA

View Full Version : My bike runs like shit

Iceman
30-09-2008, 03:48 PM
I just got back from a bit of a test ride before I head off to the GP on Thursday and I'm not too happy with the result.[V]

The turbo side of things seems fine, whistling away and making boost, BOV chirps in the gear changes and all the normal stuff like that. The main problems I'm having is that the bike has a massive flat spot in the lower half of the rev range and really starts to die when I nail it. I know this bike eats plugs so I'm hope'n it just needs a new set.

It also idles really fast. I think this is a simple mechanical fix though, as depending which way you turn the bars it changes how fast it idles.

The only real change I've made to the drive line is I went from a 16 to a 17 tooth front sprocket, surely this wouldn't be loading it up too much.

I will still be able to ride it like this but won't be racing out of the turns:(

Could it be plugs[?] or maybe fuel [?]( same fuel has been in there since AFR).

Any suggestions[?]

sharky
30-09-2008, 03:50 PM
quote:same fuel has been in there since AFR
WTF ?
It gets ridden lots then mate ;)

Shadowzone
30-09-2008, 04:00 PM
Dump the fuel put new stuff in it mate.

Oh and the bars being turned changing the idle means you needs an inch longer on your throttle cable. Nothing to worry about there really.

The change up to a bigger sprocket shouldn't alter your gearing overly. The Turbo will compensate for that anyway in comparison to the stock standard gearing so it wouldn't matter.

Do the fuel and plugs. Then take it out and flog it...

Blow the cobwebs out of it mate. Oh and when you drop the fuel if you can, drain the carby bowls too. If not it will fix itself pretty quickly anyway.

Iceman
30-09-2008, 04:16 PM
Russ, this is the second time it's been out since AFR and it had a full tank then.

Stu, I won't have to worry about the bowls, as it's injected.

I will try it again tomorrow and let you know the outcome.

wackyrider
30-09-2008, 06:41 PM
Come on Clint, and get it sorted, I wanna see this RAPID bikes bike eyy..... hehhehehe

We riding down together oin Thursday wit Rod. I'll be on the kwaka and trying to flog it off at the GP....

Booster
30-09-2008, 07:17 PM
Start with the fuel Clint.its not fine tuned by any standard but it was running ok and still should unless something has changed.

xb9r
30-09-2008, 07:45 PM
Drop the fuel change the plugs flog the shit out of it buy another set of plugs and keep them and a plug spanner with you on the next ride oh as shadow said lengthen and lube ya throttle cable or lean more

latheboy
01-10-2008, 06:59 AM
Boosters BACK .... Our very own world champian ..

I reckon new fuel as it only has a shelf life of about 1 week

wackyrider
02-10-2008, 06:33 AM
Hey Clint, if u riding down with us, a mate of mine might be following with a car with tools as a recovery vehicle in case u need anything.