PDA

View Full Version : FUEL TANK PROB'S

Harry
28-09-2008, 10:11 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/79922879980239.jpg

hi people...just wondering if anyone knows of a procedure or product that can put a new lining on the in side of my fuel tank ? problem is the membrain is breaking down or something is ! inside the tank and is putting shit though the fuel system to the point where the bike isnt getting any guzz..bad thing.
must be a way there's lots older bikes around than mine.???

Weaselman
28-09-2008, 10:24 PM
you can buy tank treatment stuff from some motorcycle shops

There is also a thing called Kream cost about $65 and its a one hit wonder

Harry
28-09-2008, 10:32 PM
THANKS MATE,I,LL HAVE A LOOK FOR IT.I PUT CLEAR FUEL LINE ON THE BIKE AND YA CAN SEE THE CRAP IN THE LINE...
CHEERS MATE

EXBEN
29-09-2008, 10:58 AM
Look here

http://www.ppc.au.com/kits3.htm

Harry
29-09-2008, 08:57 PM
THANKS GUYS......I'LL BE LOOKING INTO THAT STUFF,
I GOTTA KEEP THE MOTION LOTION FLOWING, BEEN 2
WEEKS SINCE I HEARD THE BIG GIRL ROAR!
AND IM HAVING WITHDRAWLS !!!!!!!!!!!
THANKS AGAIN

zedsled
29-09-2008, 11:25 PM
My z1000 tank was weeping a bit at the bottom corner ,not bad just a damp spot due to rust issues on the inside. Kreemed the inside before painting and it sealed up nicely. that was just over 8 years ago and its still fine(touch wood)

Harry
30-09-2008, 07:46 PM
my tank is not leaking, its got some sort of crap in it that is going though the fuel lines, i can only guess that
its some sort of membrain they put in there from the factory when new, its an 89 750 slingshot tank....the offending
substance is dark brown..rust ? i dont know. it total blocked a fuel filter, which lead me to drop the fuel, new fuel filter &
fuel lines..one of which is a clear line so i can see wats flowing though it, and drained the carbs totally.
no tank leaks, now i cant even get guzz into the fuel line which is really pissing me ooffff ! so its off with the tank and try again...
the bike is 200k from where i work so its hard to get at, i,ll try EXBEN;S advice and see if that stuff will clean it and put a new coating
on the inside of it, i have a cb1300s and a k3 thou to ride but i need a fighter fix...no good looking pretty if the bastard wont go !
143hp in there i just need to make it go VOOOOM ! HA