PDA

View Full Version : 1999 Yamaha WR400F, 5/09 rego, mods, LAMS

NZM031
26-09-2008, 01:30 PM
hey guys..

seing as how my other thread got bombarded with loads of guys who love WR's and the idea of motards or as a road racer... i thought id post it up here to see if anyone wants mine.

$4500 neg, i think this is pretty reasonable given the mods on it and the rego and green slip which arent cheap being a 400. but it goes like a scalded cat compared to a wr250 and is much more user friendly than a 426. and much lighter than a 450, i am willing to negotiate for a quick sale.

info:

this bike has been my daily rider since may, with occasional bush bashing on the weekends, oil changed every 2 weeks, filter every month.

mods include - Higashi exhaust, YZ timing, Throttle stop mod, different jets and some tuning, Eibach rear spring, twin headlight unit, rear l.e.d. tail light unit, YZ tank, seat, front and rear guards, gripper seat cover and nice subtle graphics.

has full road rego until may 09, and is in full road trim, all lights work etc... just missing mirror.

currently needs new rear tyre, front tyre not done yet but getting close and is due to have valves checked and probably adjusted. will be doing the vavles shortly.

not sure on kms as speedo stopped working ages ago and guy before me used it only as a trail bike so didnt have speedo fitted.

chain and sprockets in good condition, wheel bearings have been replaced, brake pads are good, as are discs.

has been used in bush by me and has a couple of scratches on the plastics, never been jumped or been in a serious accident. ive dropped it a couple of times stuck in ruts and what not.

doesnt leak fuel, oil, or coolant.

a full tank is around $13-$14 with 98 octane depending on what day it is, i get 5 days riding to work and back, bout 15kms either way.

this pic is before the yz rear guard and led taillight were installed and the bash plate is off as i was servicing it, everything else is the same. yes there is a flat spot in the front rim.. and there is one in the back rim... hasnt affected it in anyway that i could notice. i wasnt worried bout it when i bought it as i wanted to motard it, but never got round to it.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/381350396141726.JPG

im in newcastle, nsw... contact me on 0431 646 160 or nzm031@hotmail.com
selling as im buying a car.

cheers
Linton

NZM031
26-09-2008, 01:34 PM
also, i have no dramas organising shipping at your expense.

as an example, to go from newcastle to perth with a reputable bike transport company is $1200.

cheers
Linton

damo1
19-01-2009, 08:29 AM
We said we liked them;)Didnt say we wanted to by it[:0]

Off a bike into a car ah[xx(]Thats the last well see of you then[:X]

damo1
19-01-2009, 08:40 AM
Oh and by the way it aint lighter than a 450 its heavier.

Wr400 114 dry

Wr450 12.4 dry

Ive ridden these bikes back to back and the 400 feels heavier to ride as well ,compared to a 450.

Power wise very similar 450 seems to have more up the top end.

Through the middle really couldnt tell the difference.

The big difference is in the suspension the 400 was a real hand full to ride compared to the 450.

You really cant bet tecnology though can you.

Good luck with your sale [:X]