PDA

View Full Version : CBRRRT's Shed. (Index on page 1.)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

CBRRRT
07-02-2009, 06:22 AM
Hey Surt, there is some right fuckin nutty Russian called Surt in the next room to me, he thinks he's in Russia and that he is a spy, not you is it?

Anyway what a horible thing to say about my Mum and Dad's in a bath of acid and shot, they run a fish and chip shop in somewhere in the Himalaya’s.

Have you ever thought you might be ravin fuckin mad mate. you are one totally ga ga ga ga ga mental head, but your the only one that cant see it Bah hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah fuckin nutter

Anyway my doctors say if you get your family to sign some forms you can come and live with me mate and I can look after you. In my town where I live there is a park mate and they have swings, Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

They have a big red fire engine in my town too Surt, I know coz I've seen it loads of times. We could rip out the engine and put it in a streetfighter, what do you think mate.

CBRRRT
07-02-2009, 06:25 AM
quote:Originally posted by bikerbazz

sorry for takeing so long yes it a bbq lid i panted was tiying to do sume flams on it

A BBQ lid WTF. Did I join some weard BBQ modifying nutter bastard site.

Surt
07-02-2009, 06:42 AM
quote:Originally posted by CBRRRT

Hey Surt, there is some right fuckin nutty Russian called Surt in the next room to me, he thinks he's in Russia and that he is a spy, not you is it?

Anyway what a horible thing to say about my Mum and Dad's in a bath of acid and shot, they run a fish and chip shop in somewhere in the Himalaya’s.

Have you ever thought you might be ravin fuckin mad mate. you are one totally ga ga ga ga ga mental head, but your the only one that cant see it Bah hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah fuckin nutter

Antway my doctors say if you get your family to sign some forms you can come and live with me mate and I can look after you. In my town where I live there is a park mate and they have swings, Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I am the same bloke next to your door matey! Come and have a smoke shit babe! And ain't you the bald bearded sheila that claims to be a russian princess Anastasya and always comes a-fishin' carps in the john? Can't say how happy I am to know your mum and dad have escaped the Bolshevicks bathe:D. Perhaps Your Royal Tsar Family will return back to Russia to save the whole country from...well, pretty sure you know who I mean...[8D]

Surt
07-02-2009, 06:48 AM

They have a big red fire engine in my town too Surt, I know coz I've seen it loads of times. We could rip out the engine and put it in a streetfighter, what do you think mate.

NO SHIT WE CAN DO THAT! We can even adjust my sssa as a front end and ur laser tatter peeler for a headlight and build a 2x2 single-sided streetfighter!! [:0]

Surt
07-02-2009, 06:50 AM

sorry for takeing so long yes it a bbq lid i panted was tiying to do sume flams on it

I just wanted to say it was a lid from Boyd Coddington's cement cart!:)

bikerbazz
07-02-2009, 07:03 AM
got borrd whith the bbq so i tryd this instead

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww304/bikerbazz/Picture089-1.jpg

opindown
07-02-2009, 08:32 AM
fark mate! not bad

Surt
07-02-2009, 04:44 PM

got borrd whith the bbq so i tryd this instead

Not bad indeed mate, nice skull as well[xx(] Napalm in the morning...:)

CBRRRT
08-02-2009, 08:02 AM
That look well good matey, top job!

CBRRRT
08-02-2009, 09:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by Surt

NO SHIT WE CAN DO THAT! We can even adjust my sssa as a front end and ur laser tatter peeler for a headlight and build a 2x2 single-sided streetfighter!! [:0]

I'm in!!

porky gsxr
08-02-2009, 10:48 PM
g'day o'hairy one[:X] i reckon if u make aider an offer for iz slabbie u might av a chance he,s always skint!!!

scottyrrx
09-02-2009, 03:38 AM
hi could you please let me have a list of parts used has like your self i think the cbr900 is abit if not very dated and having seen yours it has sparked new life and ideas has i found yours while looking to replace my bike i dont want to build a rep of yours but knowing what kind of parts and off what model works will look forward to your reply scottyhelp

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/85790546753735.jpg

Got my rear wheel on today

CBRRRT
09-02-2009, 04:15 AM
Hi Mate,

thanks for the compliment, and it would'nt worry one bit if you used the same parts as me.

The seat, exhaust, sub-frame, rear hugger is from a 2004-2006 Yamaha R1

Swing arm is from a 1996 VFR 750

Wheel is from a 1993 VFR 750 and it is the 5.5J that will take a 180 section tyre.

Front fender is from an 2006 ZXR 600 RR.

There are a few little brackets you will need to make but nothing a numb nut like me cant handle so believe me (Not hard to do)

About everything I have done has been shown in this thread so if you follow it you should be able to come up with something similar.

I noticed this is your first post mate, so I would pop into the Welcome to the madness thread and just say hello to the guys on here, they are a great bunch of lads ands laddets on here and a gold mine of information.

So welcome to the madness mate.

scottyrrx
09-02-2009, 04:26 AM
thanks for that will do look forward to seeing your finished product and sharing my journey with you all i will go and say hello to every one

Hi Mate,

thanks for the compliment, and it would'nt worry one bit if you used the same parts as me.

The seat, exhaust, sub-frame, rear hugger is from a 2004-2006 Yamaha R1

Swing arm is from a 1996 VFR 750

Wheel is from a 1993 VFR 750 and it is the 5.5J that will take a 180 section tyre.

Front fender is from an 2006 ZXR 600 RR.

There are a few little brackets you will need to make but nothing a numb nut like me cant handle so believe me (Not hard to do)

About everything I have done has been shown in this thread so if you follow it you should be able to come up with something similar.

I noticed this is your first post mate, so I would pop into the Welcome to the madness thread and just say hello to the guys on here, they are a great bunch of lads ands laddets on here and a gold mine of information.

So welcome to the madness mate.

CBRRRT
09-02-2009, 08:43 AM
Where in the UK are you from Scott?

scottyrrx
09-02-2009, 04:40 PM
hi i am from barnsley south yorkshire close to the city of sheffeild nice place quiet but covered in snow at the moment

CBRRRT
09-02-2009, 08:06 PM
Check out ebay mate, there is a single sided swing arm on there and its the right year for what you need.

Tomanyprojex
10-02-2009, 03:17 AM
Typical bastard ebay wasters, the hub hasn't turned up and the swing arm doesn't exist as they sold to someone else at their shop. :(. There is another on Ebay which will be mine...[}:)]

CBRRRT
10-02-2009, 04:24 AM
I saw that mate, is this the one?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=200306436991&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=010

scottyrrx
10-02-2009, 07:17 AM
thanks for that he also has wheels watching with great interest what is the diam of the pipes on the end cans has i can only bend 57mm i have asked this before not going mad already but dont know if it was put in the correct part

I saw that mate, is this the one?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=200306436991&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=010

CBRRRT
10-02-2009, 07:21 AM
I'm not to sure mate, but if you are going with the twin under seat zorst you'll need the Y connector shown on an earlier post on this thread, with the cat removed.

CBRRRT
10-02-2009, 07:26 AM
quote:Originally posted by scottyrrx

hi i am from barnsley south yorkshire close to the city of sheffeild nice place quiet but covered in snow at the moment

Years ago when I was a chippy I worked on Dore and Totly railway station and turned it into a bar and restraunt. had a little visit to angling mecca "Bennits of Shefield" and spent loads on piss, ahhhhh the good old days.

scottyrrx
10-02-2009, 08:11 AM
yes looked at the y piece and also looked at taking it from further back and running 2 pipes to the rear like the wolf system only they dont have the advantage of the sssa. Been making them for years on cars and not had any problems with the harmonics and balance so this should be easy let me know how easy your rout is before i start bending But looking at the bore of the y piece it does look more than 57mm but the race system for the ducati has only 57mm headers see how they go

Years ago when I was a chippy I worked on Dore and Totly railway station and turned it into a bar and restraunt. had a little visit to angling mecca "Bennits of Shefield" and spent loads on piss, ahhhhh the good old days.

CBRRRT
10-02-2009, 09:33 AM
The guy that is doing the welding for me said he would take progress photos and let me have them to post on here, so I guess we may both learn something mate.

Tomanyprojex
10-02-2009, 04:32 PM
It is but don't tell anyone... Oh fuck! Look away people ntothing to see there..

At least I managed to score a VFR front wheel for a ton last night so that'll go on this weekend. It's the equivalent of dropping the forks through the yokes by about 6mm so that should sharpen her up a bit. At least it'll be a start to this project.

scottyrrx
10-02-2009, 04:57 PM
yes should be interesting especialy if you could get a sound clip up These last few days of the auctions seem to betaking years i think some one is adding days on I need to collect all bits needed then throw 2 weeks off work and some long nights in garage has i use mine daily unless my other half will sacrifice the car it seems we are always in the shit its just the depth that varies

The guy that is doing the welding for me said he would take progress photos and let me have them to post on here, so I guess we may both learn something mate.

CBRRRT
10-02-2009, 07:04 PM
Will a VFR front hoop go in? I didnt know that tomany.

I'm sure she will lend you the car scotty just dont drop the ball on Feb 14th, ha ha.

Tomanyprojex
10-02-2009, 07:54 PM
Yup, apparently VFR front hoops fit straight in using the CBR spindle and spacers (which is why they are so fucking expensive). MCN say so, so it must be true [ahem]. I'll let you know on Saturday... Some models of CBR 600 are also supposed to fit..

CBRRRT
11-02-2009, 01:38 AM
So do you need to swap out the disc rotors or do the vfr jobbies sit in the calipers ok, and is there a year thing like the swing arm?

Tomanyprojex
11-02-2009, 03:35 AM
The CBR rotors and calipers are supposed to be fine. The wheel needs to come from the same model range as the SA - 94 - 97. I'll post some photos when I do it - probably this weekend.

I am going to see a CBR 900 tomorrow with a GSXR 1000 K1 front end. Apparently the whole thing bolts on using the Suzuki yokes. All that needs changing is the top race.

CBRRRT
11-02-2009, 04:05 AM
Cool mate, take lots of photos.

scottyrrx
11-02-2009, 06:44 AM
starting to go slightly mad now just has you think you got the path mapped out and know what direction to take some one steps up with more ideas/info which sends you back to the drawing board decisions decisions

Cool mate, take lots of photos.

CBRRRT
11-02-2009, 08:58 AM
Spill the beans then mate, whats on ya mind lol.

Tomanyprojex
11-02-2009, 11:02 PM
Fuck me the bloke with the GSXR1000K1 front end is a clever bastard. He put it on an early blade that still needed the speedo cable drive from the front wheel but obviously the Gixer doesnt have one. He then takes the sprocket cover off a VFR 400 - which has a speedo drive built in and finds that it bolts straight onto the blade... Abra ca fucking dabra the speedo works again..... Tragically, he says that the Tokico six pot calipers are shit. Some you win I guess..

On the 17" wheel front I'm going to use a 120/70 profile because the 120/60 is easier to ride off the edge of and has a worse tyre choice. This will mean I need to drop the yokes about 6mm to be about the same as the original 16" or 11.5mm to be approx the same as the 120/60/17.

CBRRRT
12-02-2009, 01:30 AM
Today mostly I are bin

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/39400077126530.JPG

BORED FUCKIN SHITLESS

crash test dummy
12-02-2009, 03:20 AM

Today mostly I are bin

BORED FUCKIN SHITLESS

use this time to meditate and try to grow hair:D

crash test dummy
12-02-2009, 03:26 AM
its my turn to bye grub on saterday.. what time we taking ya bits to spry shop?

Tomanyprojex
12-02-2009, 03:32 AM
Fucking harsh . I'll try an make me next post more interestin'[B)]

CBRRRT
12-02-2009, 04:32 AM
quote:Originally posted by Tomanyprojex

Fucking harsh . I'll try an make me next post more interestin'[B)]

lol not you mate, I got no bike, nothing to work on, nothing to prep, nothing to ride and I have been bored all day.

Phoned the zorst guy today and he said he would call me tomorrow with some good news. then on Saturday me and crash are off to the painter with my plastic.

Anyway mate, photos, photos, photos.............

CBRRRT
12-02-2009, 04:35 AM
quote:Originally posted by crash test dummy

Today mostly I are bin

BORED FUCKIN SHITLESS

Cheeky cunt, you should do the same, and perhaps you might grow a few round your ball bag Hahahahahahahah

crash test dummy
12-02-2009, 05:10 AM

Today mostly I are bin

BORED FUCKIN SHITLESS

Cheeky cunt, you should do the same, and perhaps you might grow a few round your ball bag Hahahahahahahah

good to see ya still fit in that suit.. after being a sofa moth ball[:o)]

CBRRRT
12-02-2009, 05:37 AM
You really are lookin for a slap, aint ya!!!

CBRRRT
12-02-2009, 05:51 AM

quote:[i]

I'm in!!

then for the 1st hand you'd take good care 'bout the chauffeur:), bring his head and make some beautiful stew from it, as you used to cook it before, and we'll have our sup, map the plans and work out the concept... can you please the doc for him to allow us start building the fighter in the shed?;)
[/quote]

No worries Surt, I killed the driver about 3 years ago and burried him in the garden. I dont think we could make much of a stew from his rotten remains mate.

The doctor said he needs your family to sign the forms I sent you so you can live with me. He said not to worry about getting yur doctor to sign, just your family.

My doctor has a big shed at the back of the home I live in and some times you can hear the screems from my bedroom window.

He said its ok for us to build a fighter in there, as long as we dont touch his stuff.

Have you made a start on the "FLUX CAPASITER" yet because without it we'er fucked, we cant go back or forwards in time and get all the bits we need.

scottyrrx
12-02-2009, 05:04 PM
you2 are starting to scare me i thought i had crashed an episode of Dr who how is everything going collected some bits but still waiting for the trapped in time auction to end.went to honda dealers today cause bored of waiting to price a new sssa and he said complete it was £1800 i cant print what i called him in case of any little people but the ram one off the evo blade is only £1000 complt with wheels what were they thinking

quote:[i]

I'm in!!

then for the 1st hand you'd take good care 'bout the chauffeur:), bring his head and make some beautiful stew from it, as you used to cook it before, and we'll have our sup, map the plans and work out the concept... can you please the doc for him to allow us start building the fighter in the shed?;)

No worries Surt, I killed the driver about 3 years ago and burried him in the garden. I dont think we could make much of a stew from his rotten remains mate.

The doctor said he needs your family to sign the forms I sent you so you can live with me. He said not to worry about getting yur doctor to sign, just your family.

My doctor has a big shed at the back of the home I live in and some times you can hear the screems from my bedroom window.

He said its ok for us to build a fighter in there, as long as we dont touch his stuff.

Have you made a start on the "FLUX CAPASITER" yet because without it we'er fucked, we cant go back or forwards in time and get all the bits we need.
[/quote]

CBRRRT
12-02-2009, 07:02 PM
Quote: went to honda dealers today cause bored of waiting to price a new sssa and he said complete it was £1800 i cant print what i called him in case of any little people but the ram one off the evo blade is only £1000 complt with wheels what were they thinking

I think the term you are looking for is "TIGHT CUNTZ" do you know how much the rear caliper mounting bracket is on its own from a Honda dealer 90 fuckin £, robbin bastards.

I shouldnt worry about the Dr. Who thing its Surt that's barkin mad mate, I'm sane sane sane.

Hey, that word sounds funny when you say it over and over, sane sane sane sane sane sane sane sane sane sane sane sane sane sane sane sane Bah-hahahahahahaha :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D see sane sane sane sane sane sane sane sane sane sane sane sane sane sane sane sane sane sane sane sane sane sane sane sane sane sane sane sane sane sane Weeeeeehahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah sane :D sane :D sane :D sane :D sane :D sane :D sane :D sane :D sane :D sane :D sane :D sane :D sane :D sane :D sane :D sane :D sane :D sane :D sane :D sane :D sane :D.

Anyway mate, she said stick it in there, I said your fuckin kiddin right? [:0]

Yeah mate that Surt's a fuckin nutter, I would watch that one if I were you :(

CBRRRT
12-02-2009, 08:06 PM
Thats fuckin it!!!

I just took my dog for a walk in the forest, she saw a phesant and fucked off.

It took me an hour to catch that fuckin dog, and next time I have to walk her, she aint fuckin cummin.

CBRRRT
12-02-2009, 08:11 PM
THEN ON THE WAY HOME!!!!!!!!!!

CBRRRT
12-02-2009, 08:16 PM
A DICK IN A TRUCK PULLED OUT INFRONT OF ME

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/39535380138553.jpg

opindown
12-02-2009, 09:06 PM
lmfao

FIGHTERMC
13-02-2009, 12:04 AM
very good LOL

Surt
13-02-2009, 01:01 AM

It's alright 'bout the driver, so now it's the doc's turn to be cooked, I'm sick and tired of the old solitaire ever saying 'bout the schedule and then we'll be able to play his toys in the shed :). Also I feel like vomiting because of daily porrige, I need more nutritious tucker...
I've missed about the FLUX CAPACITOR, what do we need it for? Outta build a single-sided streetfighter, not a time machine [:0]. You'd better off finishing with ur laser tatter peeler, will u keep the peeling option? imho u shouldn't, coz while peeling tatter it can't light the way... What laser u gonna use? from ur dvd player?
Also u ought to post some picture of the engine for me to get a slightest idea what it's all about. I walked down the shed, it was locked and then I came up to ur ward, and none was there, the nurse said u'r at intensive electric shock therapy in the new building for the violent patients for next two weeks...

Surt
13-02-2009, 01:26 AM

you2 are starting to scare me i thought i had crashed an episode of Dr who

No worries mate, you should take into consideration the state of Jon. You see, hard childhood, living in a chest, and finally that car accident... In fact the guy's totally harmless, being half-paralised and blind. The doc reads him everything from the net and type for him to alleviate his mental and corporal suffering. he loves scary stories, blood 'n pus 'n lotta crap, and he loves dirty language, it substitutes him sexual relations (that function's suffered in the accident as well, naturally[|)]). So we should be just compassionate to the poor wrenched bastard... :(

Tomanyprojex
13-02-2009, 01:27 AM
Just scored a '97 VFR swingarm and hub with all the trimmings including a decent disc and a rear wheel for £150.[^]

CBRRRT
13-02-2009, 01:53 AM

Just scored a '97 VFR swingarm and hub with all the trimmings including a decent disc and a rear wheel for £150.[^]

Top find mate where did you get that from?

CBRRRT
13-02-2009, 01:54 AM
I think you've been on the old wodka again Surt, glug glug lol.

Surt
13-02-2009, 02:04 AM

I think you've been on the old wodka again Surt, glug glug lol.

vodka doesn't grow old matey! and "old" vodka is just distilled water... be sure and don't forget to take ur medication[8D]

CBRRRT
13-02-2009, 03:45 AM
I just go a phone call from matey to tell me my zorst is done, so me and crash will be off to bring my baby home tomorrow afternoon. then we are taking the bodywork in to Daytona on Saturday. I'll be galad when its done.

porky gsxr
13-02-2009, 04:29 AM
when you get it back let us know!!! im waiting to hear this contraption growl.. i hear it should be fruity?

CBRRRT
13-02-2009, 04:33 AM
Growel mate, just dont get to colse with that girly gixa fella, it'll rip it apart.

scottyrrx
13-02-2009, 04:52 AM
looking forward to seeing your pipes what paint are you useing something one off or normal if this excists on this site forgot to ask have you done anything with your motor or is it standard you must at least have dyno jet

Growel mate, just dont get to colse with that girly gixa fella, it'll rip it apart.

CBRRRT
13-02-2009, 05:24 AM
The engine is standard mate and when I got the bike I took it to a Honda dealer and had a full service, I also had the carbs stripped and cleaned and a bunch of other things to get it where I was happy with it. Not far from where I live there is a Kawasaki race team and they have a dyno there, so a visit is on the cards mate.

As anyone on here will tell you a fighter is never finished and next year the front end is on the cards to be changed out mate. There are a number of things I want to do but for now finishing phase one is good enough to get me going into the summer.

I really like some of the Ford colours mate and love the burnt orange on the focus, but I'm not to sure if it will just be a faddy colour so......... I dont know about that for sure.

I also like the deep burgundy red with a perl and clear coat, I've seen that on fords and Renults and that looks good too. I love black bikes and I sprayed my 900 monster ford ash black, my Bandit 12 was black with a blue perl and that was quite nice too.

Not a big lover of blue's or yellows mate so at this time its going to be burgundy............That said when me and crash go to the paint shop on monday and he gets out his swatches I'm sure it will all go a bit bandy mate.

The zorst guy quoted me £100.00 to do the job, but he said on the phone today it was a bit fiddly and took far longer than he thought so the price went up to £200.00. I cant say I'm to bothered because my mate Doug has had work done by the guy and he is no rip off merchant, and will do a very nice job. There is a bit of extra money in the pot anyway so happy days mate.

crash test dummy
13-02-2009, 05:53 AM
200 quid!!! Thats a bit of a jump.

CBRRRT
13-02-2009, 06:05 AM
Is a bit, but if he has done a good job and it was a bit awkward then I guess it is what it is.

crash test dummy
13-02-2009, 06:10 AM

Is a bit, but if he has done a good job and it was a bit awkward then I guess it is what it is.

we;ll find out tomoz..
The bloke did seem genuine...
I dont think he would let it go if he wasnt happy with it

Tomanyprojex
13-02-2009, 06:10 AM
Got it off fleabay. This http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=220360356997. The listing was a bit confusing so I mailed him to see if it was the whole thing he said it was so I offered him £150 (including shipping!) and he took it. Very happy days! Especially considering the one you showed me is up to £90 inc shipping with 3 days to go and no wheel.:D. Will be starting a thread meself this weekend.

CBRRRT
13-02-2009, 06:22 AM
You jammy French fucker LOL that was a right touch mate, my arm cost me £110.00 and the rear wheel was £95.00. Has it got a sprocket on it mate? if not, and you have a 530 chain you can have the one off my arm, its nearly new condition and has tons left in it matey.

crash test dummy
13-02-2009, 06:22 AM
boldy heeed. dose it allways snow when you have to pick ya bike up on a trailer

CBRRRT
13-02-2009, 06:41 AM
Seems that way mate ha ha.

Tomanyprojex
13-02-2009, 07:10 AM
The minute I got out of work and got on the bike tonight it started fucking snowing... God's way of saying "I hate bastard bikers, me".

It's got a sprocket but the chain on me blade is nearly new. Someone told me you can fit the VFR front sprocket to the blade and away you go with the VFR rear and 530 chain. I'm going the same route as you - standard 525 blade chain with a custom rear with the right number of teeth so's it won't fuck the gearing up too much coz I do 1000 - 1500 miles a month.

scottyrrx
13-02-2009, 07:19 AM
its not out of the way at that is it its only the price of a cheep end can with out the novelty of being different i know what you mean when you say they are never done the more i look at i think that would be good to have then the next if only you could take all the good ideas and put them on one bike but then everyone would want that and we are back to square one told you going slightly mad are you planning any ride outs for summer if so is their room for a small one so i can meet some of the people I'm speaking to

The engine is standard mate and when I got the bike I took it to a Honda dealer and had a full service, I also had the carbs stripped and cleaned and a bunch of other things to get it where I was happy with it. Not far from where I live there is a Kawasaki race team and they have a dyno there, so a visit is on the cards mate.

As anyone on here will tell you a fighter is never finished and next year the front end is on the cards to be changed out mate. There are a number of things I want to do but for now finishing phase one is good enough to get me going into the summer.

I really like some of the Ford colours mate and love the burnt orange on the focus, but I'm not to sure if it will just be a faddy colour so......... I dont know about that for sure.

I also like the deep burgundy red with a perl and clear coat, I've seen that on fords and Renults and that looks good too. I love black bikes and I sprayed my 900 monster ford ash black, my Bandit 12 was black with a blue perl and that was quite nice too.

Not a big lover of blue's or yellows mate so at this time its going to be burgundy............That said when me and crash go to the paint shop on monday and he gets out his swatches I'm sure it will all go a bit bandy mate.

The zorst guy quoted me £100.00 to do the job, but he said on the phone today it was a bit fiddly and took far longer than he thought so the price went up to £200.00. I cant say I'm to bothered because my mate Doug has had work done by the guy and he is no rip off merchant, and will do a very nice job. There is a bit of extra money in the pot anyway so happy days mate.

scottyrrx
13-02-2009, 07:31 AM
i too had the snow tonight after work but there's nothing like the look of panic on a car drivers face than when a bike steps sideways. weather cold and shit, lets look forward to summer when we get warm and shit .what do you think is worst though the weather or gritters using you for target practice and salt eating all your shiny bits:(:(

The minute I got out of work and got on the bike tonight it started fucking snowing... God's way of saying "I hate bastard bikers, me".

It's got a sprocket but the chain on me blade is nearly new. Someone told me you can fit the VFR front sprocket to the blade and away you go with the VFR rear and 530 chain. I'm going the same route as you - standard 525 blade chain with a custom rear with the right number of teeth so's it won't fuck the gearing up too much coz I do 1000 - 1500 miles a month.

CBRRRT
13-02-2009, 07:52 AM
HOS talked about meeting up at the Ace cafe in the summer mate, they have a few Streetfighter days there each year, and worth a look. Bound to be something going on somewhere mate. Me and a mate were also talking about a little weekend trip over to France and ripping up a few Payarge's. They have a weard system over there, you pay to go on the motorway, they give you a ticket with date day and time on it, the roads are empty and you never see a copper, get to the next pay station to early and they know you have been speeding, the lazy copper sitting there nik's you. Le Bastard!

Tomanyprojex
13-02-2009, 07:54 AM
The salt eating all the shiny stuff is the worst. I usually get rid of whatever will rot and replace it with stainless but some stuff like the frame etc, if the salt starts on that it is tears before bedtime. As for car drivers faces, I was out on my husky WR360 last week totally sideways on a roundabout on my way to work with everbody looking at me like I was about to die. To be honest at one point I thought I was going to...

Tomanyprojex
13-02-2009, 07:56 AM
It's got to be the salt nibbling at the shiny things. So fooking depressing.

CBRRRT
13-02-2009, 08:02 AM
My bike is just a toy and she dont know what salt is ha ha.

porky gsxr
13-02-2009, 10:39 PM

dont worry mate, i wont get to close i'll just slow down for a quick look then fuck off ahead again!!![^]

porky gsxr
13-02-2009, 10:48 PM
i went to ace cafe for the streetfighter day and it was the tits, loads of people stunting outside and some proper nice fighters too, call me in,definatley! oh... was told some girly models draped over bikes also there but i was too intrested in my darling fiance!!!!! would be a bit concerned turning up wiv you and dummie tho.. all that fairing, they might think were a race team or summit!! yuk

CBRRRT
14-02-2009, 05:29 AM
Me and Crash went to collect my Bike from the welder this afternoon, well pleased with what he did, but no time to waste co its got to be stripped down for the painter tomorrow.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/60434179732821.JPG

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/60434179730833.JPG

crash test dummy
14-02-2009, 05:40 AM

Me and Crash went to collect my Bike from the welder this afternoon, well pleased with what he did, but no time to waste co its got to be stripped down for the painter tomorrow.

looks good bud.:D
should of put ye essex boy lights on[:p]..

crash test dummy
14-02-2009, 05:59 AM

mite get to do some thing on mine this weekend.... what ya doing when we get back tomoz??.. I ask because. would ya help me lift the engin back in the frame..

I got it out ok, but i dont wont to scratch the frame

Tomanyprojex
14-02-2009, 07:35 AM
Now officialy got me own topic started http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14282

CBRRRT
14-02-2009, 08:27 AM

mite get to do some thing on mine this weekend.... what ya doing when we get back tomoz??.. I ask because. would ya help me lift the engin back in the frame..

No problem mate, I drop you round some bits for your Blade too mate.

scottyrrx
15-02-2009, 08:43 PM
pipes looking well bet you cant wait .did you stick to the colour in mind or change when you saw the swatches .only 10 hours then hope fully my project will be another step forward.also can you help i have a freind with a cbr900 rrv who like the look of the 1098 ducati but not the reliability so wanted to know if you can get the whole plastics to fit i know it goes agains what some of you stand for but i said i would ask thanks

No problem mate, I drop you round some bits for your Blade too mate.

CBRRRT
16-02-2009, 12:12 AM
I went with the deep Burgandy mate but with a twist, its a Mercedes colour.

I looked at loads of swatches and found it impossible to choose then the guy opend a tin of the Mercedes stuff and that was it, job done. He has told me I can collect it on the 28th of this month.

Crash came round and put my chain on for me today so thats another job ticked off.

Now I have the bike back I can start to do a few finishing jobs.

I would advise your mate to get a replica Duke seat unit and stick some R1 under seat pipes on it, shove in a VFR arm in it and do something with the front fender. Keep his blade fairing to keep a bit of the bikes original identity, and paint it Ducati red with black wheels.

It will give you the look your after but not pretend to be something its not.

I think it would sharpen the whole look of the bike.

scottyrrx
16-02-2009, 12:47 AM
i told him to buy the ducati and stop wining he was 100% happy with his blade until he got to know what i was doing then to be fair hes been like a shadow starting to piss me off wouldn't care if he could ride but hes a proper chicken wrist look forward to seeing it and the twist?ho well back to ebay not long now i bet half this forum is watching the same parts and the other half already got them

I went with the deep Burgandy mate but with a twist, its a Mercedes colour.

I looked at loads of swatches and found it impossible to choose then the guy opend a tin of the Mercedes stuff and that was it, job done. He has told me I can collect it on the 28th of this month.

Crash came round and put my chain on for me today so thats another job ticked off.

Now I have the bike back I can start to do a few finishing jobs.

I would advise your mate to get a replica Duke seat unit and stick some R1 under seat pipes on it, shove in a VFR arm in it and do something with the front fender. Keep his blade fairing to keep a bit of the bikes original identity, and paint it Ducati red with black wheels.

It will give you the look your after but not pretend to be something its not.

I think it would sharpen the whole look of the bike.

CBRRRT
16-02-2009, 04:32 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/2011615337584.JPG

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/2011615337396.JPG

scottyrrx
16-02-2009, 04:34 PM
haha life begins with the purchase of a vfr swing arm just wait for it to arrive then make the spacer:D

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/2011615337584.JPG

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/2011615337396.JPG

CBRRRT
16-02-2009, 10:24 PM
ScottyRRX whats your Mum gonna say when you tell her mate, and you'll have to make no mistake about that.

Tomanyprojex
17-02-2009, 02:36 AM
He he, my vfr SSSA and rear wheel showed up today. Get it and the wheel powder coated is the next step...

CBRRRT
17-02-2009, 09:43 AM
Superb mate, looks like you are on a mission ha ha.

Harry
17-02-2009, 08:44 PM
ay jon wats ahap ? :).......
thats not a bad lookin ass on ya scoot[:p]reminds me of an f-111 i sat in once...full exposure for the pipes mate ! iv been metal polishing for a month ! you should have a go on that swing arm [8D].....................................[?]

Harry
17-02-2009, 08:49 PM
34 degree's..slight breeze to the north..riding in shorts bahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :)
cant help myself !!:D

CBRRRT
17-02-2009, 11:03 PM
OK Harry dont FUCKIN RUB IT IN

CBRRRT
17-02-2009, 11:22 PM
As I said in a previous post I have mounted my Regulator infront of my battery on the R1 subframe, so last night I decided to refit the lap top fan to it with cable ties. Its quite a powerfull little fan and creates quite a draft. Rather than blow air on to the cooling fins on the regulator its drawing air over them.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/22910620946446.JPG

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/22910620931693.JPG

CBRRRT
17-02-2009, 11:26 PM
The other thing I did was to get rid of the big round rear break master cylinder res, and replace it with a smaller one from a GSXR.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/22910620931977.JPG

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/22910620931183.JPG

Much more compact and will go better with the new look of the bike.

CBRRRT
18-02-2009, 05:06 AM
These are the guys doing my paint for me.

http://www.daytonapaint.co.uk/frames.htm

bikerbazz
18-02-2009, 06:03 AM

As I said in a previous post I have mounted my Regulator infront of my battery on the R1 subframe, so last night I decided to refit the lap top fan to it with cable ties. Its quite a powerfull little fan and creates quite a draft. Rather than blow air on to the cooling fins on the regulator its drawing air over them.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/22910620946446.JPG

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/22910620931693.JPG

good idea do you have proplems with it

CBRRRT
18-02-2009, 06:14 AM
I had it on my CBR before I did the change over mate, not had any problems at all. My mate I worked with came up with the idea for VFR's because they are always popping regulators, and he said his mate had been through three but since he fitted the fan to his the problem went away.

He sells them as a kit on ebay but all they are is a P.C./Lap top fan. £1.50 simple solution to an expencive problem.

FIGHTERMC
18-02-2009, 06:31 AM
Bike is coming along there very nicly
mate.i'm liking your exhaust system mate.
what did you wire the laptop fan on to?
Mc

CBRRRT
18-02-2009, 06:55 AM
Thanks mate, the lap top fan earth went to the earth on the battery, and the live went to the rear break light feed the live side of the switch so it only comes on when the ignition is switched on.