PDA

View Full Version : CBRRRT's Shed. (Index on page 1.)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Tomanyprojex
21-01-2009, 04:03 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/75059935935945.jpg
I pretty sure that they can help you so good luck with that. Here is where I am starting - Pick it up on Friday. It's in really nice nick but I think the colour scheme was designed by Stevie Wonder[xx(]

CBRRRT
21-01-2009, 05:43 AM
Hey Michel, thats made me go all lobby mate. What year is it? Are you going to fight it or do something along the factory route? Have you made any plans yet mate apart from the MV rear end. Hueys front fender mod is a must mate, becomming an industry standard LOL. Get a thread started mate I cant wait to see what's in your head.

Tomanyprojex
21-01-2009, 06:32 AM
I'll definitely get a thread going as soon as I start. It's a '99 rrx so the last model before the injection stuff took over. Going to start off by fixing the arse coz it's the bit that really shows the old bird's age. I really like the R1 arse but that's been done very well right here, I like the MV and shoving four pipes out the back would look sweet, I reckon. The VFR SSSA is a definite. I'm probably going to shove the RRY 17inch front wheel and USD forks if I can do it without fucking up the geometry and making it handle like a barge. The joke indicators on the front have to go - they're bigger than the mirrors fer farx sake, previous put minis on the back which makes it look even weirder. No accounting for taste... Will start off pretty subtle leaving on the plastic fantastic and see where we go. I did a YZF 750 / FZR1000 mutant about 10 years ago which got everone saying "it looks great mate, but what the fuck is it?" so I'd kind of like that reaction although the big old Fireblade frame is a bit of a giveaway to them that know...

CBRRRT
21-01-2009, 07:35 AM
If you like the R1 mate av it. Its piss easy to do and the bits I would think are a bit easier to come by than the MV stuff.

Put Yamaha R1 in your ebay browser and see what comes up, do the same with Augusta and it’s a whole new ball game.

Top marks on the SSSA and the 800 jobby should look well ard fella.

I think the Firestorm front wheel drops straight in and the disc rotors are the same as the blade so all you need is the spacers from your blade wheel, I'll check on that coz I have the information on file somewhere.

I’m thinking of doing something like the side indicators off a ford fiesta, the little oval ones on my wife’s 07 are looking good and they might be going walk-about in the near future lol. On the back they are led inside the rear tail light.

Matey the more I look at the fairing on my bike the more I like it and am thinking of keeping it, so don’t stick yours on ebay just yet you might regret it.

I know what you are saying about the what is it factor, and I like the same thing, but I'm always proud its a Fireblade mate. I remember I was working in Germany when they came out and thinking "Wow Ill never have the money to own one of them" But now you can get a Champaign ride for lemonade money, and sharpen the looks with lots of lovely bits and bobs from the net.

Can’t wait to see what you will do with the old girl mate, and any ideas you would like to adopt from my blade, be my guest sir!

I have had to do a bit of problem solving on my build so if you have a question please ask. Or you can PM me if you like no problem matey.

21-01-2009, 03:10 PM
hi toomany projex,i have a blade with a 929 front end,vfr sssa,car wheel,and am about to put an mv augusta tail on it and have 3 ixil pipes to go under the seat....im looking forward to seeing your blade when its done

Tomanyprojex
21-01-2009, 08:57 PM
Hey griff mate, got any pics posted in rides on here? How easy was the front end swap? I hear its a doddle but that always makes me suspicious. Did you say car wheel? [:0]WTF?

CBRRRT
21-01-2009, 09:37 PM
I told there was some inovative stuff on here matey, wait till you see the car wheel conversion.

CBRRRT
22-01-2009, 04:54 AM
I have been thinking of my zorst the last week or so and the thought of having that rusty set of headers cut and welded to fit my under seat zorst didnt seem to make much sense to me, so I had a little mooch on ebay and I found this set of stainless steel pipes for £109.00 post free about $235.00.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/95954503521869.jpg

They arrived last Monday so its time to start gearing up to get the mods to the zorst done. Cant wait to start it up and hear what the new baffels sound like :D:D:D

CBRRRT
22-01-2009, 07:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by HueyonaBlade

Hope the new year is proving more prosperous for you Jon that tank mod is exactly what I was hopeing you would do . as for the front end I had a helish time trying to come up with something the only one I really liked of the shelf and still one day might try is this one ;)

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/15513078750564.jpg

Mate, what is this off. The more I look at it the more I like it.

CBRRRT
22-01-2009, 08:25 PM
Found it, its called a Phantom 4. There are loads of sexy units on this site, not cheap though.

http://ausfr.com.au/cart/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=40&cat=UNIVERSAL+STREETFIGHTER+HEADLIGHT+UNITS

porky gsxr
22-01-2009, 10:41 PM
i like it!![:p]

CBRRRT
22-01-2009, 10:46 PM
Yeah! I heard that about you.

crash test dummy
23-01-2009, 12:49 AM
that is a very sexy unit. that would hide ya clocks pork.. have ya found that tail sub frame.hehe

crash test dummy
23-01-2009, 01:17 AM
cbrrr you were going go do some funny pic with the zorst

CBRRRT
23-01-2009, 01:20 AM
Might still do it mate.

CBRRRT
23-01-2009, 01:22 AM
Hey tomanyprojex, just saw this on ebay and told the guy you might be looking for one.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120364017407

Check it out matey.

FIGHTERMC
23-01-2009, 02:35 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/95954827457395.jpg

nice bike to start with mate.
here's griff and my mate's blade with the 17x7
car wheel fitted,just to give you an idea of what it would look like if you go that way.

FIGHTERMC
23-01-2009, 02:40 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/95954827460560.jpg

and here's mine with an r1 frontend fitted.
have mine almost finished now just in the middle of
painting it at the mo.

FIGHTERMC
23-01-2009, 02:44 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/95954827447025.jpg

and this is griffs.

CBRRRT
23-01-2009, 04:56 AM
You know what MC, if I had the bollocks to cut back my wiring to the air box, I would do what you guys have done in a hart beat mate. There are three kick arse Fighterblades there and I would love to own any one of em. You Irish lads do have a way with Blades dont you matey, check out Hueyonablade's creation, its the nuts mate. He's also from your part of the world.

What chain and sprockets have you got on yours matey, I'm haveing a bit of trouble at the moment with mine. Tomanyprojex gave me a good web site to look at but they wont answer my emails or pick up the phone. Perhaps they have gone under, who knows mate.

J'no wot, I'm almost at the point where I'm gonna say "Fuckit, where's my side cutters"

FIGHTERMC
23-01-2009, 05:04 AM
i'll check them tomorrow mate.
just a question why do you need
to cut the wiring back mate
it all fits under the tank.
rgds
Frank.

CBRRRT
23-01-2009, 05:37 AM
Cheers Frank, if thats the case with the wiring then....................

FIGHTERMC
23-01-2009, 05:54 AM
all i done mate was fit it under the front
of the air box as there is space there
and i extended the wiring for the light and blinkers.

I just sold the k6 backend and have a bid on
a german style tail unit so watch this space mate.
rgds

CBRRRT
23-01-2009, 06:16 AM
Looking forward to it Frank, dont keep us waiting to long mate, not to good at being patient.

Bow-ned
23-01-2009, 07:02 AM
Ah Bonjour, Bike looks great mate. We've met a couple of times about a million years ago, you might remember me, Big ears, covered in hair, massive head, increadibly goodlooking.

Havn't quite figured out how to put pics on here yet. May have to use tome sort of slide .com.

are you out on the blade alot?

CBRRRT
23-01-2009, 07:19 AM
Hi mate, if you look just above the box you are writing in you will see reply to topic. click on that and a window will pop up, there is a box you can write in there and at the top it tells you to upload a photo first. click on that and it will guide you all the way home.

Not been out on it since August when I trashed it at Snetterton mate.

Your bike's looking good mate, pop round for a beer and let's have a look up close.

23-01-2009, 09:00 AM
hi tommy projex,the 929 forks went straight on,the head stock bearings are the same as the std forks,i would recommend getting an aftermarket top yoke if you are going to put risers on it,as the origional top yoke is not straight.....a car wheel is a nice option,and it handles very like a vfr wheel.....

FIGHTERMC
24-01-2009, 02:13 AM
CBRRRT i have send you an email with the sprocket
and chain size.
rgds
Frank.

CBRRRT
24-01-2009, 02:40 AM
Thanks buddy, I've seen that and responded.

Tomanyprojex
24-01-2009, 08:17 AM
Picked up the blade this morning. Took the long way round from home to work, carried on past the office and went around again. 'Bin grinning like a twat all day.

A car wheel.... Fuck me, hooda thunkit. Looks totally amazing too, some amazing blades you boys have got. *Clears throat and starts singing* "Amaaaazing blades, how sweet the sound..." he he. Came over all religious then, unusual for a titanium cored, tungsten carbide coated atheist bastard like me! I'm going to go down the vfr 750 SSSA route coz I like the idea of keeping the old bird's frame standard but thanks mucho for the tip CBRRT. Griff, cheers for the info on the forks. Are they the same length as the standards? If so do you have to drop them through the yokes to make up for the extra 1/2 inch on the wheel. Sorry for all the questions I want it to look cool as fuck but I want it to handle too:)

CBRRRT
24-01-2009, 09:15 AM
Congrats on the Blade mate, the day I got mine I was the same as you, smiles per gallon! and gigglin like a little girl. Good choice on the 75o swinger mate, much less fuckin about and there is instructions on here to do the change over.

When you get the arm and its ready to drop in let me know and I will post you my castle socket (But only if you promis to send it back) ha ha. Just be sure you get the 1994-1997 arm mate and not an earlier jobby.

Sayin that, if you want to go with a VFR rear wheel then you do need the 1993 bad boy and the rim should say on it "5.5J" as this will take a 180 section tyre.

Lots to think about, and a fair bit to do but thats half the fun matey.

Mate I'm sure the 929 forks and head stock just bolt straight on, one out and one in, oh and the other thing, you've got a fuckin orible singin voice mate. Well someone had to tell you!

FIGHTERMC
25-01-2009, 02:17 AM
a vfr 800 wheel will work too mate
you just have the notch out 4 slots
on the back of the wheel.
rgds

CBRRRT
25-01-2009, 08:42 PM
I'm not to sure if this will help anyone, and I guess it only would if you are fitting an LED R1 tail light to a mid 90's Fireblade.

It took a bit of trial and error and one popped fuse but I got there in the end.

There are two single wires for the blinkers from the lamp unit, BLUE and YELLOW. There is no earth because its shaired with the tail light.

On the bike there are three wires LIGHT BLUE and that connects to the YELLOW on the lamp.

Then ORANGE on the bike connects to the BLUE on the lamp.

GREEN on the bike is now a spaire earth.

The rear light and break light.

Now on the unit there is a push fit connector, but it wont fit the one on the bike so cut them both off.

The GREEN/YELLOW wire on the bike connects to the RED on the lamp.

The GREEN on the bike connects to the BLACK on the lamp.

The BROWN on the bike connects the the WHITE on the lamp.

There was a little bit of cutting and soldering to do but nothing a numb nut like me could'nt handle.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/41537041633234.JPG

Although I used crimp push fit connectors, when I cut the wires I like to just seal the ends of the wires with solder to stop them splitting, then crimp the connector on after.

CBRRRT
25-01-2009, 08:43 PM
Now remember that spaire earth?

CBRRRT
25-01-2009, 08:44 PM
GREEN on the bike is now a spaire earth. Yip, thats the one.

CBRRRT
25-01-2009, 08:50 PM
Well I thought it would be a shame to let it go to waste, so I went a bit ESSEX boy racer'ish and used it to fit some blue LEDS above my shock to come on with the other lights.

I know, I know I'm a sad twat, but I am what I am, and thats Essex through and through.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/41537041628876.JPG

26-01-2009, 09:56 AM
hi tommy projex,im not sure about the length of the forks,and the bike handles fine with the 17inch front wheel........i have to say the easiest upgrade for an old blade.the bike handles much better......

jakelive
26-01-2009, 10:53 AM
quote:Originally posted by CBRRRT

Well I thought it would be a shame to let it go to waste, so I went a bit ESSEX boy racer'ish and used it to fit some blue LEDS above my shock to come on with the other lights.

I know, I know I'm a sad twat, but I am what I am, and thats Essex through and through.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/41537041628876.JPG

Essex hey? worked there for awhile south end on sea
cool blade !! dint think r1 tail will look that cool on a blade

CBRRRT
26-01-2009, 07:14 PM
Hi tomanyprojex, saw this on ebay at the week end and thought of you mate.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=370148086869&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=024

As FighterMC said it will go on a 96 arm with a little fettling.

CBRRRT
27-01-2009, 01:09 AM
While I was looking for a sprocket last week I left an enquirey with these people, and they got back to me today. They will make me a 525 pitch sprocket with 48 teeth to fit my VFR arm for £44ish incl post and VAT. Ask for Jane, she's a top girl and super helpfull.

Anyway here is the link to their web site,

http://www.sprocketsunlimited.com/Index.html

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/62436317187405.gif

Well worth a visit.

crash test dummy
27-01-2009, 03:28 AM
hay bud. it must be the essex boy thing.. I mite do the light thing on my blade

CBRRRT
27-01-2009, 04:15 AM
LOL it looks better in real life than in the photo mate, must admit to having one of those "YES" moments.

CBRRRT
27-01-2009, 04:20 AM
My stainless zorst arrived last Monday and over the weekend I took a look at the cutting and shutting, and to be honest, I dont think its going to be that hard to do. I did see that I have to take off the Rad to get to the bolts that hold it to the head, and the rad is full of green stuff. I'm not sure if thats just anti freeze or if its a special coolant, but I bet one of you clever buggers on here knows ha ha. Sawl good fun though init.

porky gsxr
27-01-2009, 04:50 AM
chav-tastic lights... why not go all the way and get a burbery spray job???:D

CBRRRT
27-01-2009, 06:14 AM
LOL that might work mate, that might work!

Tomanyprojex
27-01-2009, 07:36 AM
CBRRT, love the blue light thing, looks better under yer 'blade than a 93 Nova.. Thanks for the wheel tip. I'm still trying to source the right swing arm at the moment. Hopefully I've found one in Scotland.... Nice one too, Griff, on the 929 forks. Think that's a definite too. Better tyre choice anyway. I did a quick calc on the 17 inch front anyway and weirdly enough the rolling diameter of a 17 inch with a 120/60 tyre on it is SMALLER than a 16 with a 130/70. I was worried about slowing the steering down but that should sharpen it up a bit. Which happens to be kewl as fuck...

BTW The goo in yer radiator is one of the high quality ethylene glycol based antifreezes. It will be full of good things to prevent aluminium corrosion. If you replace it its 50/50 with water - distilled is best as it won't deposit mineral shit in your cooling system but you can use low mineral content bottled drinking water - not the normal spring water stuff cause that is full of calcium. When you buy the antifreeze make sure that its suitable for aluminium engines. Most is these days but some isn't so won't protect against corrosion.

CBRRRT
27-01-2009, 07:44 AM
I thought I would cook the family meal tonight, but not the every day run of the mill stuff we normally have.;) I thought I would introduce the family to a flavor sensation and cook deer.[:0]

I roasted it slowly in the oven untill nice and tender and did new potatoes green beans and carrots.[:p]

My wife and son sat at the table while I served up the feast.

My son looked at the dark meat and asked "what is it Dad"

With a proud but wry grin on my face I told him, "Its what Mum sometimes calls me".[^]

He said, "Theres no way I'm eating a fucking arsehole"!!

Back to egg and chips again tomorrow [V]

CBRRRT
27-01-2009, 09:05 AM
Thanks for that advice mate, thats what I love about this site, its like having a mate in your workshop that has all the answers. PUKKA! I had a bit of trouble with the sprocket site mate. They never answer their phone or respond to emails, so I dont know if they are still in business, but the people that got back to me today seem well switched on.

Tomanyprojex
27-01-2009, 08:11 PM
That's a bummer, I got some stuff off them a while ago and they were well helpful. These new boys (girl..) look good though. Gotta tell you the last posted pic of yer blade looks seriously tasty. It'll look amazing with paint.

CBRRRT
27-01-2009, 08:28 PM
Thanks mate, I have started to strip it down and wet sand all the plastic ready to go off to paint, and I have been buying little bits and bobs from ebay to give it the finishing touches. There is a steel fabrication firm not far from where I live and I'll check out and see if one of the lads down there wants to make a bit of weekend money doing my zorst. I'll be glad when thats done because it will be a big tick off the list of jobs to do.

Tomanyprojex
28-01-2009, 09:09 AM
This might sound a bit obsessive compulsive but...... When you get the welding done you need to make sure that the length of each section is pretty much the same as the original. So the 4 primaries from the manifold to the collector 4 into 2, the secondary from the 4 into 2 bit to the 2 into 1 bit and the last single pipe bit to the silencers (where it splits again in your case). The reason for this is that each section of the pipe is designed to resonate in a certain frequency range so they help gas flow at that RPM range. For example really short primaries resonate at very high frequencies so will boost top end power but shag your low to middle range. As Mr Honda and his friends spent a shit load on choosing the pipe lengths its probably wise to follow their lead. It doesn't have to be millimetre perfect and can be done by using an imaginary line up the middle of the pipework. One of those cloth tape measures will work fine. Or a piece of string with biro marks... :D

CBRRRT
28-01-2009, 11:08 AM
I think I understand what you are saying mate but I'm goverened by two fixed points, point 1 being the manifold and point 2 being where the end cans bolt to the sub frame. The only bit that will change is the link pipe between the end can Y and the collector where 4 into 2 into 1. I dont know how I can do anything about that. Any idea's.

bikerbazz
29-01-2009, 05:42 AM
hi there i can do a burbery spray joj for you barry

crash test dummy
29-01-2009, 05:45 AM
hay boldy heed. hehhe... stil up for doing your plastics ad having a go at spaying.. just done the last under coat on my frame..

crash test dummy
29-01-2009, 05:57 AM
let me know when ya sprocket and chain turns up.. ill come break it more. hehe

CBRRRT
29-01-2009, 06:01 AM
I'll give you baldy heed, you'll get the back of me and, ya little wraskel. Still waiting for it to turn up matey.

CBRRRT
29-01-2009, 06:23 AM
quote:Originally posted by bikerbazz

hi there i can do a burbery spray joj for you barry

I text you about 3 weeks ago mate and asked if you were up to paint my Blade, but no reply. Pop round and we'el talk mate. Burbury Hmmmmmmmmmm Na!

Tomanyprojex
30-01-2009, 02:23 AM
Just on the zorst thing... If you keep the last single section after the 2 into 1 the same lentgh as standard then split it for the slincers and do any extending necessary there, it should work pretty much same as standard. The further back you go the less important the section lengths are.

CBRRRT
30-01-2009, 02:43 AM
Thanks mate, I have it booked in to have the zorst welded up next Monday, and I have booked a slot with Daytona paints for the middle of Feb so by the end of Feb we should have a finished project "Thank Fuck" I've been gagging to get back out on it.

CBRRRT
30-01-2009, 02:49 AM
Or so I have told her indoors anyway!!

bikerbazz
30-01-2009, 04:23 AM
see porky for my new phon no and i will pop up for a tee

CBRRRT
30-01-2009, 06:55 AM
Well, I think I've done all I can do untill I get my bike back from the zorst guy and the painter, so I thought I would find a new project to keep me busy untill I can get back to the final build on my blade. I think I have found the new project.........

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/17740512760969.jpg

I'm gonna do some colouring in. If you want to have a go just right click on the immage and save to your pictures, and print it off from there.

Remember no going over the lines.

crash test dummy
01-02-2009, 06:54 AM
still good to go monday? dorothy!!!!!.klick klick klick.. iv just brought a van for racing.. we can take it for a run..

hope it dont brake down. he he

CBRRRT
01-02-2009, 07:29 AM
Top man crash, def ok for Monday thanks matey.

Tomanyprojex
02-02-2009, 12:58 AM
Looking forward to seeing the finished article... Still been riding mine, makes me smile that does. Fitted an immobiliser today. Looks like I've got a swingarm sorted.. All I need now is a hub..:D

CBRRRT
02-02-2009, 01:52 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/59530684217838.jpg

Its off to the welder tomorrow to have the zorsty bits done. Last week I saw an R1 rear hugger on ebay and I thought I might go on the VFR arm so I did a buy it now and it arrived yesterday. It didn’t take to much to get it to fit and it looks good. I was hoping it would arrive before the Blade went off so I could fit it and be sure the link pipe would still fit, and it will so happy days.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/59530687626757.JPG

CBRRRT
02-02-2009, 01:55 AM
Other side. It will need to have a bit more work done on it when it comes back from the welder but its on, its rigid, and it will fit with a little more work.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/59530684228344.JPG

CBRRRT
02-02-2009, 02:34 AM
Hey Michael, glad to hear you have your swing arm sorted mate, nows the time to have it powder coated if thats the road you are going down. I kinda droped the ball on that one and it would be a major head fuck to rip it all out and start again, although I might do in the future some time lol.

My blade came with alarm and immobiliser fitted so that was ok.

I see from your profile mate you are from Chertsey, Surrey. Quite posh over that way is'nt it, someone told me once that people in Surry get out of the bath to take a piss, Is that true???????????

What will the locals think of you when you start ripping up the roads on the fightered blade mate. Do they talk posh over there mate and say things like "Fa-ka-king euligen's" Are you posh mate? Are you rich? How much money have you got? Can I come round your house? Can I have a go on your bike mate? Can I bring all me mates with me and have a party at yours? has your wife got a sister mate? Is she alright, does she put it about a bit? When can I come over? I'll try and keep next weekend free me old mate, me old buddy, me old pal! Let me know wont ya?

Anyway, till then, I'm still waiting for a few bits and bobs to arrive through the post, like rear sprocket, blinkers, Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiney front break res cap from Germany, but in the main I have just about everything I need now.

Its snowing like fuck where I am now mate, hows it where you are. I guess we have a week or two of shit on the way so be carefull on that blade mate.

Catch ya later mate, and I'll keep an eye out on the hub front for you fella.

Tomanyprojex
02-02-2009, 07:38 AM
It's Michel... I'm originally french but came to England as a kid and kinda stayed on for a while...Snowing like fuck here too. Went to the petrol station to get some posh wine, like what we do round here, on my missus' scooter and nearly stacked it... If it's a choice between riding a 'blade on cut slicks to work in the snow or pulling a sickie.. Oh hang on I'm think I'm coming down with something...[xx(] That R1 hugger looks brilliant BTW.

CBRRRT
02-02-2009, 07:58 AM
F F F F FRENCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.thepublandlord.com/

FRENCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HueyonaBlade
02-02-2009, 07:57 PM

You know what MC, if I had the bollocks to cut back my wiring to the air box, I would do what you guys have done in a hart beat mate. There are three kick arse Fighterblades there and I would love to own any one of em. You Irish lads do have a way with Blades dont you matey, check out Hueyonablade's creation, its the nuts mate. He's also from your part of the world.

What chain and sprockets have you got on yours matey, I'm haveing a bit of trouble at the moment with mine. Tomanyprojex gave me a good web site to look at but they wont answer my emails or pick up the phone. Perhaps they have gone under, who knows mate.

J'no wot, I'm almost at the point where I'm gonna say "Fuckit, where's my side cutters"

Thanks for your little kiss on the doodle again mate but Ireland and Australia from memory arnt in the same part of the world;)
Whats happening with the headlight mate[?]Nice to hear paint is coming , giv'em the hurry up

CBRRRT
02-02-2009, 08:20 PM
Fuck me, I dont know what gave me the idea you were from Ireland mate. Sorry about that. I think I might of drifted off in to my own little world again, I do that sometimes. Well mate the headlight is going to cost somwhere about 200 GBP and over the next week or so I'm spending about a 1000 GBP and I still dont have a job. So the headlight will have to go on hold, for now anyway. I'm off to the welder in a couple of hours to get my zorst done and he wants £100.00 for that then mid feb I have it booked in to the painter. I sent him some pic's and he quoted me £650.00 for one colour, if I wanted more than one it would go up to a grand.

I figure if I get the bike painted now, and decided to do the head lamp next year I could pop off the fairing, do the wireing and pop on the new jobby. The guy said he keeps a bit of paint from the batch in store for any later changes or dings anyway so we should have all our bets covered mate.

So, I recon, by the end of Feb we will have some finish photos to look at mate.

Tomanyprojex
02-02-2009, 08:23 PM
FFFFFrench yes. And yes the pub landlord is a funny cunt... Gotta a hub now too, woo hoo! Need a wheel, shoulda bid on that vfr800 one you tipped me - bollox, and a caliper, should be easy enough. I think I will powder coat the arm before I fit it, was thinking of doing the frame to match but I don't want to take the bike off the road for long and stripping bikes to the frame and waiting years form them to come back from the coaters before discovering that they forgot to mask off half the bolt holes is an utter ball ache. Had a bar of stainless steel I've been wondering what to do with but now it has SPACER written all over it - will look nice polished.... Right fire up the lathe..

CBRRRT
02-02-2009, 09:03 PM
Ha Ha, I'm Ok with the French thing mate, I go out every couple of years for the big Carp and Cats. I broke 3 personal bests last summer with a 42.lb Cat, 44.lb Common Carp and a 51.lb Mirror Carp, happy days mate. Check out the home page on my profile to see the photos mate. Lovely fish but stink of garlic.

Glad to hear about the hub mate, and there will be more wheels come up all the time, focus on looking for other parts untill it does mate.

You have a lathe, cool, why not run up a set of frame plugs with rubber O rings to push fit over the swing arm spindle bolt ends, they would look quite cool.

With the spacer thing mate, I followed the instructions I found on the internet to do my arm, and dont get me wrong, it worked fine, but when I fitted the spacer in I felt it needed a lot of take up with the adjusting bolt to tighten down. I think it could have been 5 to 10mm longer. I would advise you to look at where your castle nut sits in the frame before you start and think about getting it back to the same place, as mine sits further in. Perhaps make your spacer 35mm long, mock it up to see how it sits and if need be trim a bit off the end. you can always trim off but its difficult to add it back on.

Dont forget to start a thread and post lots of photos mate.

CBRRRT
03-02-2009, 08:31 PM
Well, I took my bike into the guy to get the zorst welded up yesterday, and he has a workshop like you woul'nt believe. He builds Trikes, bikes, choppers and fighters. The guy has done some real high end stuff and I cant wait to see what kind of job he does with my zorst. [8D]

He seemed to be well switched on about bikes of all kinds and I asked him if he could sort out a niggling problem I had with the bike before I stacked it. [:p]

I told him it was running a bit lumpy, he had a bit of a look around and said "Its nothing serious mate, just shit in the air filter" [^]

I said "Fan-fuckin-tastic mate, how often do I need to do that?" :)

He said "I'll call you when its done!" and walked off

Funny fucker [V]

pappas
03-02-2009, 09:31 PM
quote:Originally posted by Tomanyprojex

I did a quick calc on the 17 inch front anyway and weirdly enough the rolling diameter of a 17 inch with a 120/60 tyre on it is SMALLER than a 16 with a 130/70.

Forget I said anything!

16inch 130/70 = 1848mm
17inch 120/60 = 1809mm

pappas
03-02-2009, 09:35 PM

Other side. It will need to have a bit more work done on it when it comes back from the welder but its on, its rigid, and it will fit with a little more work.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/59530684228344.JPG

Looks like it was meant to be ther CBRRT! Top Work!

CBRRRT
04-02-2009, 03:19 AM
Thanks mate, I had to do the cut out for the chain. The other side I wanted to reflect the floating look of the wheel on the SSSA so I cut the hugger to look like it was floating over the wheel.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/101321215526757.JPG

It will be painted with the other parts of the bike in a couple of weeks, and I think it will tie in the 3 main componants of the bike in to one, the CBR, R1 and VFR.

I wasnt sure if it was going one step to far to begin with, but it only cost 20 quid from ebay, so if it looked kak it woulnt be the end of the world, as it turned out it looks ok and I like it, so, happy days mate.

CBRRRT
04-02-2009, 03:29 AM
The guy thats doing my zorst said he would take some progress shots of it for me so I will be posting them on here in the not to distant future.

His name is Jim Cook and he has a company in Colchester Essex, called Cober Auto and Precision Engineering Ltd.
You can find the guy at Unit 11 Grange Way, Colchester Essex CO2 8FH. Or contact him on 01206 798686. You can also email him at jim@cober.co.uk

So if he does a good job, you like what you see, and you live in the UK and want him to do your stuff, you can contact the guy direct.

Me, I cant wait!

FIGHTERMC
04-02-2009, 04:09 AM
I'm liking the hugger there jon mate
good work.

CBRRRT
04-02-2009, 04:21 AM
Cheers mate, I wasnt to sure at first but I liked it once it was on.

CBRRRT
04-02-2009, 06:24 AM
I phoned them today Surt, and they said they are very busy at the moment but I should get my sprocket in the next week or so. I only need a chain guard to get it through the MOT inspection then its off again mate.

Harry
04-02-2009, 10:46 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm nice 1 :)

bikerbazz
05-02-2009, 07:42 AM
looking good hope i can see it satday
http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww304/bikerbazz/Picture078.jpg

CBRRRT
05-02-2009, 08:30 AM
Cheers mate, Its in the welding shop at the moment mate but as soon as it gets back, pop round for a cuppa matey.

Tomanyprojex
06-02-2009, 06:06 AM
Still waiting fer the hub and arm to turn up:(... Patience I was never gifted with but I'm not bad at sums Pappas:D

CBRRRT
06-02-2009, 06:50 AM
I know how you feel mate, I got some fuckin Krout telling me he has fucked up my order and thats why it is taking 3 fakin weeks to get a front break res cap, and some slope eyed little chinese cunt is telling me they have just returned from their new year celebrations and he will despatch my LED blinkers within 14 days I orded two weeks ago. HAS THE WH:(LE FUCKIN W:(RLD G:(NE MAD????? Or is it just me?

Dont answer that![V]

CBRRRT
06-02-2009, 09:06 PM
Booked it in to the spray paint shop this morning for Monday the 16th so we are nearly there. Hoooooo Hooo cant wait!

I had another touch last night too, I saw these on ebay, they are wheel centres for cars, they cost me £11.00 for four and they are the same size as the Honda tank badge. I'm thinking of outing the £90.00 Honda tank badge and fitting these instead.

I think they will also help to keep people guessing.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/35734414024077.jpg

What do you think?

opindown
06-02-2009, 09:15 PM
will look very nice, cant wait to see it once it is sprayed, keep it up mate

CBRRRT
06-02-2009, 11:04 PM
Cheers opindown, I'm not takling about people like you surt that DO know it all, an its a T type not an R. Nur nur, I'm talking about the tyre kickers at my local bike meet that THINK they know it all ha ha.

Remamber when you were a kid, about a week before Christmas, you thought you would go pop if you had to wait just one more day for santa to come, well thats just how I feel at the moment I CANT FUCKIN WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CBRRRT
06-02-2009, 11:06 PM

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT BARRY???, ITS DOIN MY FUCKIN HEAD IN.

CBRRRT
06-02-2009, 11:11 PM
If you put that on my thread just to fuck with my mind matey, you got another thing comming coz I'll beat you to death with it then smash your face in with it too, and I dont care if you are already dead, I'll do it anyway.

pappas
06-02-2009, 11:31 PM
quote:Originally posted by Tomanyprojex

Still waiting fer the hub and arm to turn up:(... Patience I was never gifted with but I'm not bad at sums Pappas:D

My bad! I did the first calc with only one profile of the tyre to get the diameter. Bourbon will do it to ya.:D

Surt
06-02-2009, 11:36 PM

Cheers opindown, I'm not takling about people like you surt that DO know it all, an its a T type not an R. Nur nur, I'm talking about the tyre kickers at my local bike meet that THINK they know it all ha ha.

Remamber when you were a kid, about a week before Christmas, you thought you would go pop if you had to wait just one more day for santa to come, well thats just how I feel at the moment I CANT FUCKIN WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So my guess was wrong[V]. Some day I could tell you 'bout soviet x-mas, that was different. Who are you gonna beat to death, bikerbazz or me? [B)]

Surt
06-02-2009, 11:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by Surt

So my guess was wrong[V]. Some day I could tell you 'bout soviet x-mas, that was different. Who are you gonna beat to death, bikerbazz or me? [B)]

Oh, I gotcha Jon, you were talking 'bout that damned THING in the backseat! I just been taken by surprise who'd told you matey that I was dead[}:)]. As for me, I enjoy your tread, wonder what you do for living, hopefully, not an English Literature teacher?:D

pappas
06-02-2009, 11:55 PM

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT BARRY???, ITS DOIN MY FUCKIN HEAD IN.

It's a shiny fancy bbq lid....

CBRRRT
07-02-2009, 01:10 AM
For a job Surt, I am a World War 1 fighter ace, I was born in Mehc-cik-o and I have a perfect command of the English lauguage apart from the word Mr.

I cant say Mr.

Senjor Surt.

You may know my Mum and Dad Senjor Surt, because they were the Tsar and Tsar'et-a of Russia and they had a big house somewhere in Mosco.

They liked to travel and collect pepper mills form different countries around the world, and they had me while on holiday in Tijuna. In the rush to pack to go home they forgot to take me with them, but they remembered the pepper pot shaped like a donkey in a sombrero they had brought from a street traider called Jesus, not the lord Jesus, coz they say Hey-zuse but spell it Jesus.

Anyway the lord Jesus was a chippy not a street traider.

I was left with a nice English family that were there looking for kids to work in their sweat shop in South wooden ferris in Essex England.

Strangest thing mate....... We made pepper pots, is that fuckin weard or what.

I worked there untill I was old enough to walk then I got a job down the Burbery mines in Dagenham east London, there wasnt much call for Burbery back then and you could buy a whole truck load for about £5.00 which in old money was worth about £5.00.

Any way if I had have kept my shairs in Burbury today I would be worth millions. WHO KNEW the chav's would come along in the new Millennium, and Burbury sales would go through the roof, well not really through the roof but High.

Soon after that I joined the Dagenham girl pipers, and spent three years living, working, and playing as a woman, and I lost my virginity to some Aussie soldiers over here looking for runaway Abbo's. Aparently they really like em over there and they dont like to loose any.

I never did see my Mum and Dad Senjor Surt, perhaps you could ask around to find out what happened to them for me.

Anyway I fought in three world wars and was responsible for killing that French fucker Napolion in the last one, and bringing 150 years of war to an end.

I went off to to the congo when the war ended, and invented the drink called UMBONGO, they drink loads of it in the congo ya know mate.

They even made a song about it Senjor Surt, it went "Umbongo, Umbongo, they drink it in the congo. or something like that, I cant quite remember the words now mate.

Any way mate I like loads of stuff besides bikes mate, I like blue, coz its a colour I like and thats blue, I like electrizity coz when you touch wires together they make blue, and if I touch the wires on each side of my head they make me forget stuff. I like fire and things that burn, like wood, grass, paper, cats, petrol, gas, and wood.

I like cats mate, and I had loads of them but they go away, I forget why!

These days mate I spend most days in my room because I got AIDS, Syphilis, herpes, gingivitis, dandruff, and a nasty cold. The Docktor put me on a diet of Fryed eggs and pancakes.

I asked him if that would cure me but he said, "No, but they are the only things we can slide under the door"

I was thinking Senjor Surt, if you told me where you lived I could come stay with you and we could look for my Mum and Dad together, couldnt we.

I bet they would be well pleased to see me mate and there probably would be a pepper pot in it for you too matey.

So where do you live then mate? PM me your addy.

07-02-2009, 01:47 AM

I know how you feel mate, I got some fuckin Krout telling me he has fucked up my order and thats why it is taking 3 fakin weeks to get a front break res cap, and some slope eyed little chinese cunt is telling me they have just returned from their new year celebrations and he will despatch my LED blinkers within 14 days I orded two weeks ago. HAS THE WH:(LE FUCKIN W:(RLD G:(NE MAD????? Or is it just me?

Dont answer that![V]

The whole world is going mad and you're leading the way, oh wait "don't answer that" erm never mind

Surt
07-02-2009, 04:54 AM

For a job Surt, I am a World War 1 fighter ace, I was born in Mehc-cik-o and I have a perfect command of the English lauguage apart from the word Mr.

I cant say Mr.

Senjor Surt.

You may know my Mum and Dad Senjor Surt, because they were the Tsar and Tsar'et-a of Russia and they had a big house somewhere in Mosco.

They liked to travel and collect pepper mills form different countries around the world, and they had me while on holiday in Tijuna. In the rush to pack to go home they forgot to take me with them, but they remembered the pepper pot shaped like a donkey in a sombrero they had brought from a street traider called Jesus, not the lord Jesus, coz they say Hey-zuse but spell it Jesus.

Anyway the lord Jesus was a chippy not a street traider.

I was left with a nice English family that were there looking for kids to work in their sweat shop in South wooden ferris in Essex England.

Strangest thing mate....... We made pepper pots, is that fuckin weard or what.

I worked there untill I was old enough to walk then I got a job down the Burbery mines in Dagenham east London, there wasnt much call for Burbery back then and you could buy a whole truck load for about £5.00 which in old money was worth about £5.00.

Any way if I had have kept my shairs in Burbury today I would be worth millions. WHO KNEW the chav's would come along in the new Millennium, and Burbury sales would go through the roof, well not really through the roof but High.

Soon after that I joined the Dagenham girl pipers, and spent three years living, working, and playing as a woman, and I lost my virginity to some Aussie soldiers over here looking for runaway Abbo's. Aparently they really like em over there and they dont like to loose any.

I never did see my Mum and Dad Senjor Surt, perhaps you could ask around to find out what happened to them for me.

Anyway I fought in three world wars and was responsible for killing that French fucker Napolion in the last one, and bringing 150 years of war to an end.

I went off to to the congo when the war ended, and invented the drink called UMBONGO, they drink loads of it in the congo ya know mate.

They even made a song about it Senjor Surt, it went "Umbongo, Umbongo, they drink it in the congo. or something like that, I cant quite remember the words now mate.

Any way mate I like loads of stuff besides bikes mate, I like blue, coz its a colour I like and thats blue, I like electrizity coz when you touch wires together they make blue, and if I touch the wires on each side of my head they make me forget stuff. I like fire and things that burn, like wood, grass, paper, cats, petrol, gas, and wood.

I like cats mate, and I had loads of them but they go away, I forget why!

These days mate I spend most days in my room because I got AIDS, Syphilis, herpes, gingivitis, dandruff, and a nasty cold. The Docktor put me on a diet of Fryed eggs and pancakes.

I asked him if that would cure me but he said, "No, but they are the only things we can slide under the door"

I was thinking Senjor Surt, if you told me where you lived I could come stay with you and we could look for my Mum and Dad together, couldnt we.

I bet they would be well pleased to see me mate and there probably would be a pepper pot in it for you too matey.

So where do you live then mate? PM me your addy.

No shit you do have a perfect command of English Sen Jon, and James Joice gotta be spininning around in his coffin at the very moment, because of envy, and little poor english kids would grow nutters after reading your sagas, mateys Jon and Jim.
Sorry to afflict You My Lord, I have got bad tidings on what happened to Your Dearest Royal Family: they were all shot dead, choped and diluted in a vat with sulphuric acid and buried in a swamp. The death squad was under the command of an british wriggler Malcolm McDowell. But lately the relics been dug out, and wow miracle! not rotten... russian ortodox popes started squeakin': rejoice! here's the real saint Nikolay, the dinkum santa claus!!
So after all Your Heart My Lord may be pleased and rejoiced with them. amen.
I hated to hear what happened to Your Precious Health Sir Jon, do Your maggots let you opening Your mail? If so, I could send You a nice Vostok razor in an envelope, like Romans said, quad medici non sanat, ferrum sanat...
My addy's quite simple: down south west from your bloody Asgard, where You and other aces dwell; You will know the place, when You see it, but in My realm only My people can dwell and only I may wander freely, so I believe it's better off us Muspelheimers to pay You a social visit, so my snagas working hard to finish the Naglfar. So You might make an order to start preparations for Our Friendly Ragnarok Visitation, cheer leaders valkyrias, lots of roasted meat, jars of ale and beer, and I shall treat You with Kwasir's blood.

So cheer up matey, ehmmm... Your Highness, We gonna scare shit out of Your Neighbourhood, burn their houses, rape their women and dance upon their mutilated corpses. They gonna regret for informing on You to the police!

[}:)]

bikerbazz
07-02-2009, 06:21 AM
sorry for takeing so long yes it a bbq lid i panted was tiying to do sume flams on it