PDA

View Full Version : CBRRRT's Shed. (Index on page 1.)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Large
07-06-2009, 07:30 AM
Bwahahahahahaha

houdini
07-06-2009, 09:19 AM
ha ha just hit the the old ignition problem myself(if i move it i can get my clocks closer to the top yoke and they wont look as silly i think) and as usual a read sorted it out you the man keep it up

CBRRRT
07-06-2009, 02:54 PM
No worries matey, just dont forget to make yourself a wooden KEE TAG.

houdini
07-06-2009, 04:13 PM
thats the first thing ill make

LKC73
07-06-2009, 09:47 PM
CBRRRT, that is a top looking key ring youve got going on! Where can I purchase one just like it? Hahaha....

CBRRRT
07-06-2009, 10:50 PM
Total one off mate, but here s how to make one of your own.

1. cut a bit of wood.

2. Write kee on it.
If you've more than one kee you'll need to make the wood a bit bigger so you can write 'keez' on it.

3. Hang it off your key.

If you would like me to take mine off buddy and take a few photos of it, Tuff shit.
It stays where it is.

HueyonaBlade
08-06-2009, 07:47 PM
AH the thinker , the thinker........LMAO

CBRRRT
08-06-2009, 08:47 PM
Its called Iniv Inev Inov, you're right Dave 'Thinkin'

holyman_999
09-06-2009, 06:31 AM
very tidy ride matey... very tidy indeed...
love the kee tag...

now you've got me all revved up to relocate my ignition ya bastard!

Harry
09-06-2009, 09:31 PM
Hey jon,happy birtday old fella:),better late than never ay...was going though some old streetfighter mag's and thought i'd share this with you and it's a blade (issue168 feb2008) http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1244548007.jpg

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1244566843.jpg

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1244554326.jpg

[:p]it's a bad bike's x-treme factor front headlight...nice[}:)]

CBRRRT
10-06-2009, 03:03 PM
I think I'm gonna have to have a bit of a trawl through my old mags mate, that looks so cool.

Bike night tonight Harry, if the weather stays nice are you coming matey? I'll buy the tea's Buddy.

HueyonaBlade
10-06-2009, 03:55 PM
Thats the Plan B bike ,it was originally a stunt bike ,the guy has done an awesome job .I plan try and do something one day similar to what he has done to his tank its way cool me thinks

Harry
10-06-2009, 04:01 PM
yeah mate,i'll meet you at your place and you can lead the way.....TEA ! not bloody likely mate are ya gunna have biscut's and compare your knitting as well [:0][:0][:0][V] it's not the go jon !

CBRRRT
10-06-2009, 04:50 PM
Cucumber sandwiches with the crusts cut off Harry, my god have you Aussies no breeding at all. lol.

Harry
10-06-2009, 08:59 PM
im going to have to shout you a well done rump steak sanga and a ice cold beer jon....if its still cold there i recomend a couple of shots of benadictine;) that should warm your pommy veins a bit mate..bloody freezing here jon,got down to 8 degree's this mornin[:0]!!![:0] reduced to wearing jeans on the bike :(

CBRRRT
10-06-2009, 09:23 PM
Its as hot as fuck here at the moment Harry, and I'll take you up on that steak sanga mate, just make sure you put loads of mayo on it. As far as the cold beer mate, well we only drink warm Abbot Ale in England with twigs and stuff swimming around in the bottom of the glass. :D

http://www.camra.org.uk/ [:p]

Then as you know , at 4 oclock everything stops for tea. w[^]t w[^]t!!

Harry
10-06-2009, 09:31 PM
warm beer [xx(]....like to see ya drink warm beer wen it's 35 degree's mate :D it's only warm here wen ya piss it out ! :D:D

CBRRRT
10-06-2009, 09:35 PM
^^^^^^^^Bwah....hahahahahahaha^^^^^^^^^^^^^

crash test dummy
11-06-2009, 02:47 AM
good to see ya bud. bike is looking wicked.. cant beleav you done so much since i last see it. cant wait for it to go in s/f mag.

CBRRRT
11-06-2009, 02:59 AM
Know one knows Crash, or at least no one did!

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1244747621.gif

Doh!!!

crash test dummy
11-06-2009, 05:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by CBRRRT

Know one knows Crash, or at least no one did!

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1244747621.gif

Doh!!!

now now. even you could'nt for get me, even if you tryed.. :D

CBRRRT
11-06-2009, 06:47 AM
No, I ment no one knew about SF mag you knob, not no one knows you!!

Lech mir um arsch, pfutz kopf.

Harry
11-06-2009, 05:16 PM
I KNEW...BUT I DID'NT TELL !;)

CBRRRT
11-06-2009, 05:25 PM
Ha ha, I know you did Harry. Looks like Crash, Crashed again!![B)] lmao

Fight_fan
12-06-2009, 04:59 PM

No, I ment no one knew about SF mag you knob, not no one knows you!!

Lech mir um arsch, pfutz kopf.

HaHaHa! Spoilt! Thats it... Im tellin everyone I kno now! Thats right Jon, about 20 more people who dont even ride are gonna find out that ur VFCBR1 monster is gonna be in the bible![^];)

CBRRRT
12-06-2009, 06:28 PM
Awwwwwwww fuck, well thats that then.

Tomanyprojex
13-06-2009, 07:18 AM
Looks like its out then.. And I don't mean yer knob...

CBRRRT
13-06-2009, 02:24 PM
Looks that way Mike, theres always one mate!

13-06-2009, 04:41 PM
nice one mate,can't wait to see it in the mag,did you see shanes blade this issue,some day mine will be in it,i must get my act together and rebuild it.............it would be the job to have mine and fighter mcs in it together...........

holyman_999
13-06-2009, 06:32 PM
man, that sucks... would've been a great surprise!!!

congrats anyways man... good work... can't wait to see it![8D]

CBRRRT
13-06-2009, 06:52 PM
Cheers lads, I thought it might be too. Yeah Griff I saw Shanes Blade, and my jaw dropped so far it wacked me in the bollocks, lol. Shane told me it was gonna be in there, but I managed to keep quiet about it until the mag came out, ha ha. The work that went into that thing is amazing, and when you see something like that its quit humbling.

I was having a little mooch around on here the other day and found this Blade. I haven’t got a clue who made it so I'm assuming GOD did.

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1244908315.jpg

If GOD didnt build it the guy that did will be one, one day!

CBRRRT
14-06-2009, 06:12 AM
Mike was saying on his thread that a CBR 600 L/H switch gear with the choke incorperated will fit the the 900, with a bit of tinkering to the wiring.

I brought this on ebay today, so I'll let you know how it goes.

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1244947635.jpg

Looks like it might need a bit of a refurb, but I'm sure it will be ok. Fuckin hope so anyway.

CBRRRT
14-06-2009, 06:40 AM
The Dutch Dude thats doing the Sharp dressed 1000R from Holland has run his wires through his bars.

Check it out, looks the nuts dont it.

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1244950578.jpg

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1244943409.jpg

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1244945180.jpg

Do you think if I did the same to my Renthall drag bars it might weaken them.

Sometimes when I land the front end it comes down a bit hard (It happens) I'm a bit worried the bars might bend, or am I talking out my arse.

Fight_fan
14-06-2009, 10:01 AM
It should be fine Jonny boy! I run mine tru the bars aswell n it hasnt seem to affect it any, saying that tho I havnt crashed it yet either!

CBRRRT
14-06-2009, 02:06 PM
Thanks Lance, I dont plan on crashing either, lol. I think I'm gonna have a crack at it.

Fight_fan
14-06-2009, 03:43 PM
Cool man! Dnt forget to keep us updated... like u can help urself ;)

CBRRRT
14-06-2009, 05:41 PM
lol, ok Dude I'll try to remember. I update a lot to give other people a bit of confidence to have a go at doing theirs mate.

Not everyone that comes on here is a Tom, Surt or Dave, and like me only have a poxy little shed to work in.

Hopfully they think 'If that fuckin idiot can do it then how hard can it be'

HueyonaBlade
14-06-2009, 06:06 PM

Cheers lads, I thought it might be too. Yeah Griff I saw Shanes Blade, and my jaw dropped so far it wacked me in the bollocks, lol. Shane told me it was gonna be in there, but I managed to keep quiet about it until the mag came out, ha ha. The work that went into that thing is amazing, and when you see something like that its quit humbling.

I was having a little mooch around on here the other day and found this Blade. I haven’t got a clue who made it so I'm assuming GOD did.

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1244908315.jpg

If GOD didnt build it the guy that did will be one, one day!

Its called the snake charmer matey the guy who built it is in the States , Vegas I think;)I like it to but I think he should have used a bigger gage pipe for the custom swing arm...........IMO of course

Fight_fan
14-06-2009, 06:08 PM
Too true man, too true!
Oh BTW that CBR with turbo n shit... Thats been my desktop pic 4 about 2 weeks now! Its fuckin awesome hey! Everytime I c it I damn near wee ever so slightly!

CBRRRT
14-06-2009, 08:00 PM
I thought long the same lines Dave, only I thought it would have looked nice if the guy had gone for something with the same profile as the box frame as it continues on the same line.

I make you right Lance me boy, I have it as wallpaper on my work p.c. and my home laptop. Dam near wee! lol, I do that every time I cough.

After moving my ignition last weekend I cut off the aloy mount from my top youk yesterday and I have moved my speedo right down behind the mask. I'm so addicted to tinkering, I think I spend more time fucking around with my Blade than I do riding it. I'm just gaggin to get stuck in to the next phase and smarten up the SSSA and frame, and get the engine painted, but thats something for next winter.

FIGHTERMC
14-06-2009, 09:53 PM
jon your bike looks well in the mag mate.
Frank.

CBRRRT
14-06-2009, 10:06 PM
They were some photos I sent in ages ago Frank, Will emailed me and said he would take a ride down mid June and photograph it for the mag matey. He only lives about 50 minutes ride away from me. The lucky fucker has been off to the TT the last couple of weeks, but I'm not jellious. Oh no not me mate, lol.

Harry
14-06-2009, 10:15 PM
thats one hot blade jon [:p] but ya wanna be carefull of those poke'y things on top of the tripple's mate...cop'd sumtin like that in the cheek bone at 120mph once[:0]....yes it FUCK'IN HURT !:([xx(], be interested in the wire's though the bars trick mate,could be the go for the bandit,get it back this week !! :D yippy [^]

CBRRRT
14-06-2009, 10:54 PM
God Harry, it seems like ages that you sent your stuff away mate. Dont know about you Buddy, but I'm gegging to see it come back mate. Yeah the wires through the bars looks right sweet mate, that Dutch Dude is one clever pot puffer, lol.

CBRRRT
15-06-2009, 06:49 AM
OMG I just been cruzin round on the new streetfighters mag web site, and my leg is in the best bikes bit.... Bwah hahahahahahaha

http://streetfightersmag.com/static/best-bikes/

How the fuck does that work????

Harry
15-06-2009, 08:52 PM

God Harry, it seems like ages that you sent your stuff away mate. Dont know about you Buddy, but I'm gegging to see it come back mate. Yeah the wires through the bars looks right sweet mate, that Dutch Dude is one clever pot puffer, lol.
your not shit'in me jon....it has been age's and it's piss'in me off,good new's is it's been done and is waiting to be picked up! got a mate do'in the drive to brisbane this week and take it home for me...im up 3.30am & home 6.30 pm with work so i have no chance.after it was done he said i hope the motor fits which made me go into melt down:( he rang me today after some research and sez the swingarm should clear the motor by "3" millimeters! FUCK [:0] IT BETTER! or i'll hit the bloody roof...3mill is about the size of a match stick mate!! so iv got nothing to play with,so im a nervous bundle of shit until the engine goes in,which is still being re-built so im playing the waiting game and trying to keep my cool[V][V]...not happy

CBRRRT
15-06-2009, 09:00 PM
Fark Harry 3mm, that is tight, but as long as it goes in mate a miss is as good as a mile. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Budy. Long hours mate, I know how they feel, your fucked before you even start and come Thursday your nodding off at the wheel on the drive home. Make sure you get plenty of Pro-plus and red bull inside you mate. Your Mrs will be scraping you off the ceiling, but you'll still be alive mate.[xx(]

Harry
15-06-2009, 09:09 PM
jon have you ever heard of a busa front and rear ends being put into a bandit over there? your country men do alot of wild shit with bike's over there...iv looked every where and can't find it being done befor,the closest thing was an 1100EFE in UK streetfighters i might be getting the linisher out !, shit mate i hope not[V]http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1245158022.jpg

CBRRRT
15-06-2009, 09:17 PM
I cant say I have mate, but everything that has been done, needed to be done for the first time. I'll look back through my old volumes of Streetfighters mag and see if I can find any information for you Harry. I woldnt wory harry if it wont fit it aint gonna be by much and thats where your problem solving skill will come in to play. But thats being negative mate, because it will fit, and its gonna look fan-fuckin-tastic when its done. So let me hear you roar like a Tiger Harry, come on roar with me, ROAAAAAAAAAAR!!!!!!!!:(

Harry
15-06-2009, 09:42 PM
AR WAT THE FUCK....RAW!
at least you make me laugh ya funny fucker :)

CBRRRT
16-06-2009, 02:24 PM
Thats not a roar harry, and you wont get motivated with a little RAW like that, now put more feeling into it.

Again Harry ROAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!!!!!!!!!

CBRRRT
18-06-2009, 07:01 AM
I hit a bit of a stumbling block with my switch gear as I couldnt figure out how to get the 900 choke cable to connect with the 600 switch. Mike has put me right and told me I need to get hold of a 600 choke cable. Got one on ebay for 4 quid, luvly jubly!!

Be nice if its here fur das Wochenende. [^]

CBRRRT
19-06-2009, 07:34 AM
Well not to much been going on lately, so I’ve been pottering about doing little bits, and when my new <s>clutch</s> choke cable arrives I’ll be doing tomanyprojex 1999 CBR 600 <s>clutch</s> choke lever conversion. :D (Sorry Mike)

So, while I wait I thought I would tell you about a problem I had with my Blade about a year ago.

Every now and then the bike would splutter as though it was missing, and then the engine would kick in and away it went again.

This progressively got worse, so I took it to my local Honda dealer and was told it sounded like fuel starvation. They suggested I change the filter inside the tank as they were a bit prone to choking up with crap. I asked them to get one on order for me, and when it arrived replaced it.

This never made a change to the situation and the bike continued to miss fire. The Honda dealer got his mechanic into the show room and he still maintained that it was fuel starvation, and recommended I have my carbs stripped and cleaned. I agreed to the work being done and £150.00 later I collected my bike. They told me it had cured the problem and everything was ok. [^]

I took it up the road and it was worse than ever, missing like fuck then a big back fire. I said to the mechanic that it had to be an ignition problem rather than a fuel starvation fault as there was unburnt fuel in the zorst pipe that ignited and caused the bike to back fire. [V]

The mechanic did what he thought would cure the problem, then started up the bike in neutral with the stand down and because it never went into gear it never miss fired. Problem solved. Or so he thought. [8D]

When my side stand is down and I put it in to gear the engine will cut out because the side stand switch is linked to the ignition. As it had developed a fault, even though the stand was up, it still kept trying to cut the ignition. Then it failed completely and the bike broke down going up the road. :(

He took it back into the work shop and said he had a better idea what it could be, and wanted to try something. He then bypassed the side stand switch and the problem went away. [:0]

So after a lot of fucking around, and a few quid spent he figured out what the problem was.

Anyway, another £100.00 and a new side stand switch was fitted and I haven’t had a problem since. :)

So if your bike develops a similar fault rather than fuck about cleaning this and checking that it could be something as simple as a poxy little switch.

Hope that helps.

Tomanyprojex
19-06-2009, 07:41 AM
Hey matey, I hope you mean choke lever otherwise I've really farkin' confused things [:0]

CBRRRT
19-06-2009, 09:17 AM
Your right, I'm wrong Mike, sorry mate ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Harry
19-06-2009, 10:58 PM
HEY YOUNG FELLA:)
14 hours in the saddle today mate...home in the morning to assemble the rolling chassie, FARK im keen ![:p]

CBRRRT
20-06-2009, 03:16 AM
Be careful on the way home Buddy, I know how it is to work long hours, dont nod off on the motor way mate.

CBRRRT
21-06-2009, 08:26 PM
My choke cable arrived so it was tank off last night. I removed the air box and located the clip to fix the end of the new choke cable to. That was easy enough to do, and I routed the cable around my air box to exit at the front of the tank with the two throtle cables.

Now then, now then.

My switch gear fitted on the bars nice and most of the cables were colour coded up the same as the 900's. I had no wiring diagram so thought 'Fuck it, connect them up and see what works'

Well everything did, well almost everything. On the 600's switch gear there is no on and off switch for the lights, and Mike (Tomanyprojex) tells me that the on off switch is located on the right hand switch gear on the 600.

Just need to get me a switch that works in three positions, 1. off 2. lower light 3. lower light and main beam together. then figure out how to wire the whole lot back together.

I guess I could have just brought a stand alone bar mounted choke lever, but then that wouldnt be as much fun now would it lol.

I will sus it out so keep watching and I'll let you know how I get on.

CBRRRT
22-06-2009, 02:09 AM
I got my switch gear mounted and hacked up the old switch gear from the Blade to extend wires where needed. As I said they were colour coded the same on bothe bikes so it made things a bit easier.

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1245686050.jpg

I made a note of what wires went where in the Blades on off switch and extended those wires for the new stand alone switch I'll get in a day or two.

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1245697493.jpg

I'm not 100% sure where I will be mounting the switch so I left myself plenty of wire to give me a bit of a choice.

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1245601010.jpg

I'm happy to say that everything is working apart from the on off switch and I have tested that with the bear ends of the wires so its just a matter of connecting it all up when I get the switch.

I also found a new place to mount the horn, that fuckin thing has been the bain of my life. It looks horrible and where ever I tried to mount it, it just got in the way of something else.

There is a small lug on the frame just behind the rad on both sides of the frame, the one on the left is a bit to close to the rad fan, but the one on the right has loads of room and is in part masked by the rad hose. I had to grind a little off the horn mount but it went in perfect and you wouldnt know its there, so I'm happy with that.

holyman_999
22-06-2009, 08:40 AM
who's been a busy boy, then[?]

looking the business, matey...

keep it up...

on a side note, i love those grips, are they practical though? (in terms of the whole vibration/grip thing)

and yes, i'm well aware that the "P" word should not be uttered in these hallowed halls...[}:)]

CBRRRT
22-06-2009, 03:36 PM
I dont get any vibration problems with them mate, but my shed is quite a tight space and you woulnt believe how many times I've dug myself in the ribs on the fuckin things. But they are different, and I like them, so I'm willing to suffer in the name of the cause.

The thing that does give me the hump is taking the tank off. Every time I think I've done it for the last time, something comes along and off it comes again.

Oh well, its all good fun I guess.

Thanks for dropping in holyman, always good to see you Dude.

Tomanyprojex
22-06-2009, 04:16 PM
Hey Jon, do you actually have any side/pilot light bulbs in your headlight? If not a 3 position switch is a waste of time - you just need an on off one...

CBRRRT
22-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Matey, on the light unit I have the bottom one comes on first then the top and bottom together, then Hi and Low on the other switch. If I just had an on and off they would just come on together, wouldnt they?

Tomanyprojex
22-06-2009, 05:12 PM
Normally not. The main switch just provides power to the light when on. The Hi Lo switch just sends the power to the dip or full beam. On the blade each bulb has 2 filaments - one for full beam one for dip so they both come on whether on dipped or fullbeam. A lot of newer bikes and after market units have a seperate bulb and reflector for full beam and dip - the 'Busa unit is like that - so only one is lit at a time.

The other position on the blade switch is for the pilot / side light which is the one you would have had in the fairing above the headlight... It sounds like you might have wired the side light to one of your headlight bulbs. What happens when you dip your lights? Normally it would change which bulb (or filament in a single bulb set up) is lit. They are not normally both on...

CBRRRT
23-06-2009, 02:48 AM
Your right Mike, I did wire the small light that sits above the old fox eye into the bottom light, and that was because if I wired in both the twin lamps, on the old CBR 900 switch, when I switched it on to position one nothing happened. Then when it went to position two both lamps came on together. I guess as a bit of a compromise I could wire them both on to an on, off switch, but that kinda goes against the grain mate and like I've said a few times on here 'Its either right or its not'. I want to explore the avinue of a three way switch, if they do one, and get it working as I want it to.

Yeah yeah I know, fussy cunt, but I likes what I likes, lol.

Tomanyprojex
23-06-2009, 04:50 AM
I know what you are saying mate, Only problem is that the pilot light is only about 5 watts so it it bypasses the relay. If it is wired to a headlight bulb you are shoving about 55 watts through it which the switch isn't designed for....

Nothing is supposed to happen on position 1 coz you haven't got any side lights. Both lights are coming on because they have both been wired as main beam or dip (or even both). Do you lose a light when you put them on dip or full beam. As I said you should have a different one for each. Give me a shout,it's probably easiest...

CBRRRT
23-06-2009, 04:58 AM
Fark!!

What about this switch then Mike

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=2483#features

Do you think it would fit in the bars between my bar clamps, or am I gonna run into trouble with it getting wet?

Oh and another thing mate, what is double pole and single pole mean?

Tomanyprojex
23-06-2009, 05:08 AM
give us a yell bud..

CBRRRT
23-06-2009, 05:11 AM
Major Head Fuck!!! http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=2340 These are super ultra mini Mike the switch lever is only 5mm, and they are 3Amp. These are the ones you recomended buddy, you think they will be ok?

CBRRRT
23-06-2009, 05:32 AM
quote:Originally posted by Tomanyprojex

I know what you are saying mate, Only problem is that the pilot light is only about 5 watts so it it bypasses the relay. If it is wired to a headlight bulb you are shoving about 55 watts through it which the switch isn't designed for....

Nothing is supposed to happen on position 1 coz you haven't got any side lights. Both lights are coming on because they have both been wired as main beam or dip (or even both). Do you lose a light when you put them on dip or full beam. As I said you should have a different one for each. Give me a shout,it's probably easiest...

You're right mate, it is a bit easier to talk it over on the phone. I totaly understand now, and thanks for the sound advice Fella. I'm gonna order one of the mini switches with the water proof condom and put it in the cunning and devious location you said, More cunning and devious, than a very cunning and devious thing.

CBRRRT
23-06-2009, 05:35 AM
Awwww for fuck sake,[V] the penny's just dropped.......... That fuckin tank's got to come off again.:(

CBRRRT
23-06-2009, 05:45 AM
Just placed an order for the bits I need Mike, so should be here in a day or two. Luvly Bubly!

CBRRRT
23-06-2009, 08:50 AM
I went out and changed over my wiring tonight Mike, used the other main headlamp lead and tucked away the parking light.

Just waiting on the swich now and your 1999 CBR 600 switch gear and choke conversion will be done.

Tomanyprojex
23-06-2009, 03:55 PM
Nice one matey. Glad it turned out well

CBRRRT
25-06-2009, 03:30 AM
WELL
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1245881161.jpg

So anyway this is "Just the way it happened"

Mini switch turned up from Maplin and the weather proof cover dont fit. I phoned Spencer Tracy and he said I'll send you out another one. I said what the fuck's the point of that you washed up fosil of a Holywood movie star, that fucker wont fit either.

Maplins are gonna look into it and call me back later.

Then on ebay I saw a CBR 600 choke lever from a 97 model so I emailed Robert Ryan and asked if it would fit a 99 model switch gear, he mailed me back and said it would.

Choke lever arrived, and that fucker dont fit, so its not just Bollocks, its double BOLLOCKS

BOLLOCKS BOLLOCKS!!

So its been a very BAD DAY AT BLACK ROCK

Tomanyprojex
25-06-2009, 05:04 AM
There's 2 types of those switches an ultra and a sub miniature. the cover only fits on the sub one... Maybe that's the problem?

What a bummer[V]

Fight_fan
25-06-2009, 07:48 AM
Oh now u tell us Michel! JEEZ... ;)

CBRRRT
25-06-2009, 08:20 AM
Mike, pop round to see me one evening, lets chat buddy!!!

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1245895357.jpg

Huma gonna farkin keeeeel im.

Bad Kaw
25-06-2009, 02:11 PM
First post: great bike! Caught it on another forum...linked to this one.
Cool site!
-KR

Tomanyprojex
25-06-2009, 03:21 PM
Sorry mate, I was away travelling and didn't see you post about the 2 switch type till I got back yesterday last night [:I][B)]

Bunch of cunts Maplins are too, you'd a though they'd notice specially when you asked....

Welcome Mr BK, that's a looooong list of bikes!

CBRRRT
25-06-2009, 03:55 PM
Hey BK, how you doing mate. Honered you should choose my thread to make your first post Fella, so welcome to the MAD HOUSE.

Mind you thinking about it I guess you sused they are all barkin mad window lickers on here, and I'm the only sane one on the whole site.

So anyway mate, dont forget to pop into the new members area and tell us a little bit about yourself, Oh and a photo of you naked in a hot air balloon cooking pop tarts in a microwave oven at 500 foot over a dog licking its arse would be good!

Mike............. You knew, you knew, you knew!!!

Harry
25-06-2009, 06:13 PM
SANE.....BAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, BOLOCKS !

Tomanyprojex
25-06-2009, 08:07 PM
I did know.... *hangs head in shame*

Harry
26-06-2009, 08:24 PM
it maybe http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1246074793.jpg

late but its here :D

CBRRRT
26-06-2009, 10:31 PM
Did I send that to you Harry? Must have been a while ago coz I cant remember doing it.

CBRRRT
26-06-2009, 11:57 PM
Hey, Mike, check this out French Dude.

I found a very rare photo of the 1940 Tour Du France

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1246114144.jpg

Bwah.....hahahahahahahah

Ingerland, Ingerland, Ingerland!!!

Harry
27-06-2009, 03:43 PM

Did I send that to you Harry? Must have been a while ago coz I cant remember doing it.
na mate,i order them in........but they show up around 2 month's after release. you dont have my adress jon so anything you send me has a fairly slim chance of showing up ! [:0][:0][V]
Bahaaaaaaaaaaa you unit :)

Harry
27-06-2009, 03:45 PM

Hey, Mike, check this out French Dude.

I found a very rare photo of the 1940 Tour Du France

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1246114144.jpg

Bwah.....hahahahahahahah

Ingerland, Ingerland, Ingerland!!!
you think someone would shoot that guy out front trying to break away from the pack ! [}:)][}:)]

CBRRRT
27-06-2009, 04:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by Harry

na mate,i order them in........but they show up around 2 month's after release. you dont have my adress jon so anything you send me has a fairly slim chance of showing up ! [:0][:0][V]
Bahaaaaaaaaaaa you unit :)

Mate, I've sent quite a bit of stuff to people on here, including lads in Oz, and I've got a memory like a sive so I couldnt remember if I sent you the mag or not.

Email me your addy mate, and I'll send you something nice from Pomgerland. [^]

hotmilk
27-06-2009, 09:39 PM
hey if I give you my address will you send me some scones and a cuppa tea too?? :P

btw i'm liking your list of whats in your thread in the first post... very helpful ;)
seems you poms are useful for something eh :D

CBRRRT
27-06-2009, 11:24 PM
Usefull for something yes! what? Fuck knows mate.

I'm not sure if its alowed to send food stuff through the post mate, so you'll have to settle for drugs like everyone else.

If you click on the link in my signature mate it will take you right to my index. I figured how to do that last night coz um the bollox wiv puters me.

CBRRRT
27-06-2009, 11:27 PM

I got my switch gear mounted and hacked up the old switch gear from the Blade to extend wires where needed. As I said they were colour coded the same on bothe bikes so it made things a bit easier.

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1245686050.jpg

I made a note of what wires went where in the Blades on off switch and extended those wires for the new stand alone switch I'll get in a day or two.

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1245697493.jpg

I'm not 100% sure where I will be mounting the switch so I left myself plenty of wire to give me a bit of a choice.

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1245601010.jpg

I'm happy to say that everything is working apart from the on off switch and I have tested that with the bear ends of the wires so its just a matter of connecting it all up when I get the switch.

I also found a new place to mount the horn, that fuckin thing has been the bain of my life. It looks horrible and where ever I tried to mount it, it just got in the way of something else.

There is a small lug on the frame just behind the rad on both sides of the frame, the one on the left is a bit to close to the rad fan, but the one on the right has loads of room and is in part masked by the rad hose. I had to grind a little off the horn mount but it went in perfect and you wouldnt know its there, so I'm happy with that.

Any way, back to my latest little project. Now where were we...... Oh yes, something about this wire went here and that wire went there, I remember now.

CBRRRT
27-06-2009, 11:57 PM
I made a bit of a fuck up when I ordered the switch because I didnt realise there was two sizes, the red one is the one that will fit the water proof switch cover not the blue. Anyway £2.29 later I have the right switch.

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1246204444.jpg

Now you have to decide where you want to mount it (On the bike, not shag it. You knew that thought, right) Any way, you are going to need to drill a 42mm diameter hole in your frame to fit the switch into' if you dont have a 42mm drill bit I think a 6.5mm drill bit works just as well.

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1246147048.jpg

After a bit of fucking around I managed to figure out what wires went where. The black/red and the black/brown went together, then the Brown went with the blue.

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1246204215.jpg

So then I glued them to the switch with glue and covered them with a bit of shrink tube.

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1246206095.jpg

Fuck knows what all them other terminals are for, I didnt need them so I didnt care. I can be hard like that sometimes, when I wanna be.

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1246155753.jpg

Anyway loads of room still for the petrol tap, and my lights are all working fine and dandy now.

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1246149829.jpg

I really like the idea of the headlight switch being there, and I thought the left side of the frame would be the best place to put it as I can switch on my lights while riding along without taking my hands of the twisty bit.

All I need is for Blacks to send out the right choke lever now and I'm sorted.

Thanks to Mike for all his help on and off forum, Dude you're a clever bloke and a real asset to the site.

My advice to the lads on here is if you get stuck on something Mike has recomended, then drop him a PM. He's a super nice bloke and would bend over backwards to help.

Oh, and its not his fault he's French!

Tomanyprojex
28-06-2009, 03:59 AM
[:I] Aw shucks... Glad to be of help mate. Nice job it looks good.

Harry
28-06-2009, 09:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by hotmilk

hey if I give you my address will you send me some scones and a cuppa tea too?? :P

btw i'm liking your list of whats in your thread in the first post... very helpful ;)
seems you poms are useful for something eh :D
it's cue cum ba sandwich's with the crust cut off mate ! hahaha maybe we should send some vegimite sanga'a with the crust on !:D:D:D

CBRRRT
28-06-2009, 09:49 PM
Crusts left on [:0], Harry were you brought up by Dingo's mate?

English Muffins and Earl grey this time of year. ;) Old boy, Wot Wot!!

Harry
28-06-2009, 09:54 PM
HEY LEAVE DINGO OUT OF THIS ! :(:(
crust's on and enough vegemite to make the sanga look BLACK!

CBRRRT
28-06-2009, 10:03 PM
LOL, I think we call it Marmite in this country mate, and I love it on fresh uncut bread with real english butter. Awww fuck it Harry, my mouth is watering now, you made me want one. ha ha.

dingo
28-06-2009, 10:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by Harry

HEY LEAVE DINGO OUT OF THIS ! :(:(
crust's on and enough vegemite to make the sanga look BLACK!

HAHAHA , on fire tonite Harry , i had to read closely to work that one out , my daughter will take both the ends of the bread and plaster 1/2 a jar on ;)

CBRRRT
28-06-2009, 10:06 PM
He is, isnt he Dingo. I make your daughter right mate.