PDA

View Full Version : no spark

geesexar
22-09-2008, 01:10 PM
gday guys ive got a problem GSXR1100W..no spark on any lead and im fuckin hopeless with wiring..ive got 3 powered wires from the igniter and power to the starter relay and power into coils..im only using a test light [xx(] cheers guys any help would be appreciated

Shadowzone
22-09-2008, 01:54 PM
Have you tried swapping out the leads for new ones?

Is there power coming out of the coils?

If there is swap out the leads one at a time and see if that solves your problem.

If there is nothing coming out of the coils then there's the problem there. Sounds like it is in that area.

BANDITROD
22-09-2008, 02:07 PM
did you check your killswitch i know its simple but everyone does it they just dont admit it

geesexar
22-09-2008, 04:18 PM
lol rod nah not that simple but when i bought the bike it had a half flat battery and wouldnt start...i charged the battery..now battery is again half flat..could it be the battery?

Shadowzone
22-09-2008, 04:41 PM
quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

did you check your killswitch i know its simple but everyone does it they just dont admit it

I bumped mine one night in the middle of nowhere and sat on the side of the road for 2hrs before a bloke pulled up and asked me if I'd checked it. Turns out I'd bumped it whilst riding wearing insulated gloves cause it was freezing and never felt it.

[:I]

BANDITROD
22-09-2008, 04:55 PM
it happens stuart and yeah def battery wayne they need a fair bit to crank i have just been through all of this with predator

geesexar
23-09-2008, 06:39 AM
cheers guys will start with a new battery