PDA

View Full Version : The million dollar question

WarHound
18-09-2008, 08:38 AM
Now my bike is together running and on the road the next thing I wanna do is chuck in a GSXR1100 or bandit motor. I want one CHEAP ... I am probably going to want the whole kit .. ie carbs, hydrolic clutch etc. I am planning on slotting it into my GSX750F, so what I wanna know is does anyone have advice on where to get these motors and bits cheap ? I dont have the cash right now but I am just starting to look about for what I want ..

gibbo
18-09-2008, 08:49 AM
Pub car park [?];) Just keep your eyes open mate, something will show up. A complete but damaged 1200 bandit sold on ebay a few weeks ago for, I think less than 2 grand, everything you needed right there, be patient.

Hillsy
18-09-2008, 09:06 AM
Keep your eyes on this mob too:

http://www.manheimfowles.com.au/

Or these guys:

http://www.motorcycledisposals.com.au/index.html

18-09-2008, 04:02 PM
Do the research first about the hurdles ya gotta jump to get rego.....

All I can say is fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

scotty mac
18-09-2008, 04:26 PM
I was gunna ask the same question the other day. my 91 gsx/r 750 had a drive shaft bearing let go putting metal thru the engine. the motor is old n worn so i was thinking of putting a b12 in it.
i was told VIC bike wreakers were pretty good for service n price. i haven't chased it up yet need $$$ b4 i can start.

scotty
19-09-2008, 03:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by scotty mac

I was gunna ask the same question the other day. my 91 gsx/r 750 had a drive shaft bearing let go putting metal thru the engine. the motor is old n worn so i was thinking of putting a b12 in it.
i was told VIC bike wreakers were pretty good for service n price. i haven't chased it up yet need $$$ b4 i can start.
..... Not completely true. service is good(depends on who you get and what they drank the night before)price is right up there with the most expensive but theres nothing stopping you asking for a cheaper price.......
By far your best bet is the wrecked version(youll get loom, cdi etc.etc.);)