PDA

View Full Version : Stupidest Thing You've Done On A Bike

Merlyn
13-09-2008, 12:39 AM
My friend today revealed to me, probably foolishly that he dropped his bike at a red light. His phone rang while he was stopped, and he normally turns it off, this time he forgot, so thinking he would turn it off while he had a red light he pulled it out of his pocket and dropped it onto the road. Leaning over to pick up the phone, he dropped the bike. I laughed my arse off and openly told him hes f***ing retarded.

My first time on a bike, my uncles old Postie... i think i was about 12., I got on and proceeded to ride at a very slow pace into a wall of aluminium buckets! I decided from that moment I was just gonna be one hell of a pillion.:D

So the point is, just for fun... Reveal your dumbest moment riding a bike :)

p.s sorry if this has been done before.

Jockney Rebel
13-09-2008, 02:16 AM
...lets set the scene sunny summer sunday afternoon ...1978...RD400 chasing a 2.8i capri down a local hill called kneehill
[remember that its important]..
said hill got its name for a very ggod reason ...lol 90deg left hander on to a roundabout at the bottom
..young jimmi comes hurlting down it at about 75mph ..forgets about the bend ..brake ,slide, shit !!!
up banking thru hedge into old duffers rose garden ..whose lawn ws like a billiard table [till i got here that is ]and his prise roses were the talk of the local old folks home
...till my back wheel chewed them to fuck and my bike put a furrow the entire width of his garden
...upside minimal damge to me and the bike
..downside being chased by some geriatric nutter with a gardem rake ..

ashcook
13-09-2008, 12:27 PM
most of my dumb things include the police, dont know if it is wise to admit in writing to most of them

Weaselman
13-09-2008, 02:31 PM
x2

Azrael
13-09-2008, 06:32 PM
Ha! too many, read the book..(if iever finish it)

Brodie
13-09-2008, 08:43 PM
Regarding "Police Involvement Stories" (PIS For short) Maybe everyone can speak of a "friend" they "once knew" called...... um..... "Bob" Who did the terrible things..... allegedly.....lol.

Its all about the words you use.... and just Blame it all on Bob.... he's a bad man. ;)

ashcook
13-09-2008, 09:54 PM
Bob is bad, I heard he once did a stand up wheelie past a hiding highway patrol, then got chased down the freeway

wackyrider
13-09-2008, 10:59 PM
I was once sooo piseed that my mates took my keys off me. Prob is that I got hungry and told them that I was going to grab a bite to eat, so I got my keys back (why??????). I headed up the road and round the corner (wasn't going too far to grab a bite). WHen I stopped at a stop sign, heading on a main road, I must have been soooo pissed that I forgot to put my foot down? slow reaction time. By the time I started to put my foot down, the bike had already started leaning over and in my over-intoxicated state ( or that of said 'BOB') I had no energy to stop my pride and joy hitting the dirt!!!!!!!!!!!

Managed to lift the bastard up and by that time had lost all my appetite.... So decided to ride home, but don't think I got any higher than third gear for the 10 min ride home.... F**K I was wasted that night...... Haven't riddent that pissed since then.

Moral of the story kids.... If you wanna get pissed, get ready to sleep out!!!!!!!! hehehe

881052gixxr
14-09-2008, 02:51 AM
all i have to say is car park ful of people,i forgot to put the side stand down cause i was talking to a mate...... yep i think that sums it up.

damo1
14-09-2008, 08:22 AM
quote:Originally posted by gixxr1052

all i have to say is car park ful of people,i forgot to put the side stand down cause i was talking to a mate...... yep i think that sums it up.

Yeah done this one 2[:I]

Probly one of the best fuck ups of mine is

I was riding my brand new gixer back in 94 feeling proud as punch and i start passing this dude in a 4x4 and he starts yelling out at me "shit bike mate thats a shit bike"

So we pull up at the next set of lights and im off the bike and over giving this guy an absolute fucking ear full about how much of a tool he is and how crap his car is and that his girl friend (whos sitting in the car)is the ugliest bitch ive seen and that id rather pull my cock than root her.

Any way this goes on till the light goes green and he hasnt said a word the whole time just looking at me with this blank look of confusion on his face.

Im thinking as hes driving off "cop that your carn"

I slowly walk back to my bike like im the man for putting this wanker in his place mount my bike and me and the girl ride off not a word spoken about the incident until we pull up at the next set of lights.

The girl leans forward and says to me "why did you do that"

I said "cause that tool said that i had a shit bike"

She starts laugh and said "He didnt say that he said"

"THATS A SICK BIKE MATE"

BABABAHAHAHAHAHAHAHBABABAHHAHAHA:D

I felt like a right tool.[:I]

kevkatana
14-09-2008, 02:42 PM
A fair few years ago a mate and my self rode into Melbourne for a metal gig on our tuff 250's (ZZR & GPX) When we parked he managed to find the only bit of dirt and the center stand sunk, making the bike topple over to the left in front of a bus load of tourists. He cracks the shits, walks over to the other side, stand still down, lifts the bike in a fit of rage and it goes over on the other side. Fuck me. The people on the bus and myself just pointed and laughed our arses off.

joshnva
14-09-2008, 09:14 PM
got my shoelace hooked on the oil cap out the front of school. went to put my foot down but it didnt go down. pretty much sums it up

flyingfatman
14-09-2008, 09:21 PM
came around a right hand turn in a quite street, kneed it down and then went for a clutchup when i thought the bike was straight( key phrase in that sentence is thought). pulled in clutch, revved it, front lifted up and rear wheel started wobbling. LOL didnt come off but my left knee was dragging on the ground

zx12argh
14-09-2008, 09:40 PM
i've never done anything stupid on my bike - that's worth retelling - but I did lick an iron once to see if it was hot. I figured instead of licking my finger and tapping the iron I'd just "cut out the middle man".
Yupp the iron was on, I had the blistered tongue to prove it.

Lucas
14-09-2008, 09:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by zx12argh

i've never done anything stupid on my bike - that's worth retelling - but I did lick an iron once to see if it was hot. I figured instead of licking my finger and tapping the iron I'd just "cut out the middle man".

AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahahahhaaaaaaa, fuggin clown[:p]

Tempest
14-09-2008, 10:36 PM
thats hilarious zx12.

336LJ
14-09-2008, 11:02 PM
That Bob cunt, and his mate.. Guido... were late returning from lunch, to work. 100+ in a 60 zoned industrial area. PYEWWWW!!! past a cop car. Bob thought, well fuck waiting for THAT shit!! and proceeded to "grip it and rip it" as they say.

Bob over took a pensioner, leaving Guido for dead, presuming he'd get caught. braking so hard the back wheel was coming up (Bob hasnt been riding for long, and I'd suspect bob is a green rider at the best of times.) hammer down off the round about, doing cool moto gp type back wheel slidy motions. with out even thinking, like Bob was being possessed by the Angel of Awesomness. 100m up the road, into work car park. helmet off, Guido rocks up (thankfully, as a slow Guido would get Bob caught).

Bob and Guido's work mates smoking in the car park hear Bob and Guido coming in "hot" with sirens blaring for a minute or 2 and say "what the FUCK did you cunts just DO!!.
Bob and Guido and the audience hear "wooooopwooppw .............. silence" at the round about. Guido said to Bob "you could almost hear them go .. " FUCK!!" when they had no idea which of the 3 roads Bob and Guido went down.

Then Bob rode home and counted exactly 5 police cars on the way, one of which followed him , sitting right up his ass for about 2 k's before Bob slammed on the brakes and pulled over to give em a mouth full for tailgaiting. but they took off.

Bob rides alot more sensible now. so he doesnt have to "avoid" fines in the first place.

Merlyn
14-09-2008, 11:03 PM

absolute class, made my day!

Keep the giggles coming! Even if they're not bike related :) Get it off your chest...

ashcook
14-09-2008, 11:08 PM
That bob is a naughty bloke. Here' another tale about Bob. Bob once dropped his son off to school on his SP1 and did a bit of a burnout after doing so. When Bob arrived home his wife was standing in the driveway really pissed saying that the principal had called. Bob's son did blame it on his "older brother" though, not his Dad

Lucas
14-09-2008, 11:09 PM
Not the stupidist thing but not the smartest either.

I keep reptiles and a good mate is a pretty well known reptile breeder. I was at his joint one arvo, he'd just got a few 'lil crocs in. I had no experience with crocs so he was running me through catching them etc. After a few catches I got cocky, looked away while my hand was in the tub and spent the next 10 mins prying the little fuckers jaws off my fingers.

Lucky it was only a little one.

ashcook
14-09-2008, 11:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by Lucas

Not the stupidist thing but not the smartest either.

I keep reptiles and a good mate is a pretty well known reptile breeder. I was at his joint one arvo, he'd just got a few 'lil crocs in. I had no experience with crocs so he was running me through catching them etc. After a few catches I got cocky, looked away while my hand was in the tub and spent the next 10 mins prying the little fuckers jaws off my fingers.

Lucky it was only a little one.

Is your mate on the central coast, NSW?

Lucas
14-09-2008, 11:13 PM
Nah, in Canberra.

ashcook
14-09-2008, 11:14 PM
Cool, my brother is right into breeding snakes, birds, mammals, devils, all sorts of shit

Lucas
14-09-2008, 11:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by ashcook

Cool, my brother is right into breeding snakes, birds, mammals, devils, all sorts of shit

Whats he got? I'm about to build 4 more enclosures and I'll be looking for a few more snakes and some monitors etc.

ashcook
14-09-2008, 11:27 PM
He's always changing them. He works at the reptile park, so he breeds them up for there. I think he just sold some snakes, but I know he's mates there have everything. Monitors are fucking big money

Lucas
14-09-2008, 11:31 PM

He's always changing them. He works at the reptile park, so he breeds them up for there. I think he just sold some snakes, but I know he's mates there have everything. Monitors are fucking big money

Some reptiles are stupidly expensive. My mate has a few turtles worth over $20,000 each

ashcook
14-09-2008, 11:33 PM
I know what you mean. The tassie devils he breads are the best. He hand raises them, they are fucking awesome, really funny little things

Lucas
14-09-2008, 11:34 PM
Hearing Devils scream in the bush in Tassie is a pretty chilling sound

Merlyn
15-09-2008, 12:32 AM
you havent heard frighening until youve heard a blue tongue lizard in a drain pipe... thats the sound of satan

ashcook
15-09-2008, 07:48 AM
i've got a blue tongue that wouldn't do anything but give you a lick

Merlyn
15-09-2008, 08:13 AM
sure they're harmless, but have you ever experienced the barking at 3am on a quiet suburban night... thats pretty freaky...

How did this turn into a lizard conversation? [B)]

Shadowzone
15-09-2008, 08:26 AM
Bob was once riding along one night around 11pm ish) with his old analogue mobile phone clipped to his clutch line on his bike. Bob got an sms from his Girlfriend, and decided since he was almost home he'd save some time and reply to it whilst riding.

Unbeknownst to Bob, the council had recently fitted a new roundabout on said road and the streetlights over said roundabout weren't yewt connected so it was in the dark still.

Well Bob being a touch distracted by his txt messaging sent the sms and looked up to discover he was going to be using the roundabout as a launch pad because Bob was also speeding at the time too!

Yep Bob crashed and had to call his mate to come take him to the Hospital...

Silly old Bob. He's never done the same thing again though!

In another silly incident Bob was riding his VTR1000F with some mates. They stopped at a set of Traffic lights and upon take off Bob decided to do a wheelie. So up in 1st, shift 2nd, change into 3rd nice balance point wheelie approaching 120km/hr and Bob's mate changed lanes without shoulder checking straight into Bob. Hmmm Not a very pretty outcome. Bob managed to avoid a prolonged stay in hospital this time, but still found his way there. Fortunately the damage to bikes was somehow minimal and he was able to ride his home again. (May have something to do with landing on his mate.

Bob stopped riding with that bloke from then on...

JackTar
15-09-2008, 08:44 AM

Whats he got? I'm about to build 4 more enclosures and I'll be looking for a few more snakes and some monitors etc.

Must be a Canberra thing Lucas I have a Blue Tongue.

Lucas
15-09-2008, 09:02 AM
Have you been up to Canberra Exotic Pets in Kambah JackTar?

NNNGary
15-09-2008, 09:18 AM
I won't blame BOB for this one, poor fella has copped a lot of blame round here :-)

I had a few bevvies one night, and before stepping out into town, was asked to shift the SV so my mate could use the carpark and the bike could go up on the porch. In a bit of a hurry and not thinking, jump on 'er and give it a bit of a rev and take off to go round the corner to re-park it. FUCKING DISK LOCK! process: launch-compress-rebound-stop-fuck-fall. nearly but the 'bar through another mates car door. Not cool. few sratches to the pegs, 'bars, elbow and ankle. looking back now it piss funny but at the time I was going to fucking stab someone for putting the disk lock on the bike (ME)
all good , got a disk lock with an alarm in it. can't even bump the bike without it going off. :-)

15-09-2008, 10:17 AM

Fuck'n hell. Just catchn up with this thread. Almost fell off my chair laughn so hard. I had a mate...no really it wasn't me, that thought that it would be quicker to iron out a wrinkle on his work shirt while it was on. He had the perfect shape of the iron on his guts for weeks. Still give him shit about it.

JackTar
15-09-2008, 10:22 AM

Have you been up to Canberra Exotic Pets in Kambah JackTar?

Yes mate that is where I got it from.

Crampy
15-09-2008, 04:06 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bullfrog

Fuck'n hell. Just catchn up with this thread. Almost fell off my chair laughn so hard. I had a mate...no really it wasn't me, that thought that it would be quicker to iron out a wrinkle on his work shirt while it was on. He had the perfect shape of the iron on his guts for weeks. Still give him shit about it.

I tryed to do that a few years ago, until my mum came running in a grabbed it off me.

336LJ
16-09-2008, 01:06 AM
quote:Originally posted by Crampy
I tryed to do that a few years ago, until my mum came running in a grabbed it off me.

nice tactic!!! I'll do that next time I cant be fucked ironing my "going out clothes" and the missus is nearby [8D]

Shadowzone
16-09-2008, 07:11 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bullfrog

I have a mate who has the nickname "Iron Arse". I thought it was because of his pose while wearing a G-String on a motorcycle for a Rugby Calendar. Alas no. His house mate hit him in the bum cheek with the iron because it was there. Well actually he pulled the towel off then hit him. He even has the little holes imprinted on his pearly white buttock.

Aren't mates just awesome???

debaser
16-09-2008, 08:51 AM
Back in the day (tt250) riding commando in beach shorts was cool. Rode through a swarm of bees. Bees in shorts. Bike on side in grass on the side of road, pants down raking bees out of pubes.

Same bike getting towed by pillion with rope, me on a 10 speed 110 kph (wearing a helmet). Went through 2 stages of speed wobbles, worst part was slowing down.

Same mate who was towing me woke me up when I was blind drunk. He clearly wasn't thinking, put a cotton bud in my ear then hit it with his palm. Still hurts just thinking about it.

morrigan
16-09-2008, 05:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by debaser

Back in the day (tt250) riding commando in beach shorts was cool. Rode through a swarm of bees. Bees in shorts. Bike on side in grass on the side of road, pants down raking bees out of pubes.

Same bike getting towed by pillion with rope, me on a 10 speed 110 kph (wearing a helmet). Went through 2 stages of speed wobbles, worst part was slowing down.

Same mate who was towing me woke me up when I was blind drunk. He clearly wasn't thinking, put a cotton bud in my ear then hit it with his palm. Still hurts just thinking about it.

Bet you don't wear shorts on a bike anymore!
And I hope you've given that particular "mate" the heave ho??!

w195
17-09-2008, 02:34 PM
I hit a galah at 120. Not good but the bruise looked pretty cool. Have done the "too pissed to put feet down" too. Cage driver beside me thought it was pretty funny tho!

oldskool
17-09-2008, 09:41 PM
Owned one Yamaha it was a piece of shit sold it and got another one ,That was stupid!

kevkatana
17-09-2008, 09:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by oldskool

Owned one Yamaha it was a piece of shit sold it and got another one ,That was stupid!

Funny shit. I did the same but it was a Honda[B)]

quote:Originally posted by w195

...Have done the "too pissed to put feet down" too...

Not to blind to put the feet down just soooo pissed I couldn't find the side stand on a mates Buell with a slab on the tank. Sat on the bike for about 3 beers waiting for someone to help.

2ndclasscitizen
18-09-2008, 02:03 PM
For some reason whilst stopped at the lights with only one foot down, for some reason decided to bring that foot up to grab neutral, and therefore was staying upright by magic. Very fucking luckly not to fall over.

18-09-2008, 04:24 PM
I rode from sydney to brisbane on a TTR-250 to move in with The Psycho Bitch From Hell pretending to be a Top Chick..

Shadowzone
18-09-2008, 05:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by bladehunter

I rode from sydney to brisbane on a TTR-250 to move in with The Psycho Bitch From Hell pretending to be a Top Chick..

Sorry man I would have warned you about my ex but I'm sure you wouldn't have listened anyway...

18-09-2008, 05:56 PM
And six months later riding back to Sydney tired, cold pissed off, stopped at Balina to fill up and check the oil......yeah forgot about the oil cap replacement trick.....ended up with her for another 2 years......Last time I listen to a dick.......

Next time just tell me pmsl

el sammo
26-09-2008, 12:10 AM
stupidest ive done, jeez theres been a few haha funniset ones i remember are

hittin a galah fully tapped on my 89 750 gixxer (about 240) the bird went just under the light into the forks and all the blood and green poo shit went through the oil cooler and all over my legs, even after a wash the bike smelt like shit every time i started it for weeks

looping out a seat stander wheelie on my CB 125 comin home from work in adelaide, slid on my guts and wore the front of my pants and button off, i just stopped as my pants got pulled down, another metre or so would have been VERY bad! at least the motorists got a good laugh out of it

Razorback
26-09-2008, 10:04 AM
Woke up on Scarbourough Beach in Perth... in full leathers at about 11am with the sun high in the sky and people walking dogs and swimming and shit all around me... Laying in the sand next to me was my Honda CB750KZ.... helmet gone... never seen again... NFI how I got there... but about 9am the previous morning I took a little pink square of cardboard with a couple of mates and washed it down with half a dozen bongs... Im guessing I had a good time...[:I]

Lucas
26-09-2008, 10:48 PM
I left my bike in the local (fucking busy) shopping centre car park while I ran inside Aus Past to pay a bill. Walking back to my bike I couldn't find my keys I swear I put in my helmet. As I got to my bike I noticed an indicator was on????? Then I noticed the headlight was on......You're fucking kidding me........ Left my fucking key in my fucking bike. Lucky it was still there!!!!

Merlyn
26-09-2008, 10:53 PM
i know someone who does that all the time... gotta ask "you got the keys" all the time :D

Shadowzone
27-09-2008, 10:10 AM

I left my bike in the local (fucking busy) shopping centre car park while I ran inside Aus Past to pay a bill. Walking back to my bike I couldn't find my keys I swear I put in my helmet. As I got to my bike I noticed an indicator was on????? Then I noticed the headlight was on......You're fucking kidding me........ Left my fucking key in my fucking bike. Lucky it was still there!!!!

quote:Originally posted by Merlyn

i know someone who does that all the time... gotta ask "you got the keys" all the time :D

I was sitting up at the tea house enjoying a nice cool Summers day when that fat useless Pig Stemmy out of Ferny Grove turned up. Walked along inspecting each and every bike looking for defects. Then proceeded to knock off about 10 guys for leaving their keys in the ignition. Apparently its a $220 offence in Qld if the keys are in the ignition and you're more than 3m from the bike. The hypocrisy of the situation was the fact his keys were in his bike. He didn't like it when I asked him if he was going to book himself. Then again my keys were on the table in front of me so I figured I was relatively safe. took him another 18months to finally get the pleasure of writing me an invitation to donate to the states coffers...

careercriminal
15-12-2008, 09:58 PM
I once spent a few months on a 1000km2 cattle station in qld and we were on the kawasaki stockmans every day. I used to come off the bike every day too cos i would always be testing/pushing my limits. We always wore the acubra, no helmets.
Once I rode straight into a tree at 60kmh, copped some shit for that
Once I was doing 60kmh when i suddnly noticed a fence going across the road about 10m infront of me. Slid the bike out and I slid superman style grazing my hands to shit.
Another time we had been riding for about 20kms in a straight line along a suspension fence, checking the fence when I suddenly forgot it was there and turned straight into it. Kinda embarrasing but the fence was worse off than me.
Yet another time i rode straight over a rock the size of a basketball at about 80 kms. that was feckin scary but i did manage to stay up that time.
lots of fun in the bush

16-12-2008, 01:08 PM
Bought a Harley and thought it'd run 7 days a week instead of 7 days a year

Watto
16-12-2008, 01:24 PM
hopped on a mates ducati and was sure it had the self retracting side stand and proceeded out of his driveway without thinking, turning left off the curb only to get vaulted off the bike within a couple of meters of the owner - fucka had disconnected the spring due to him toppling off it a couple of times when it did fold up on its own accord

Chris41
16-12-2008, 02:01 PM
OK, I know I've told this before on some forum somewhere, funny anyway.
Many Years ago when the CB1100 racebike was my rallypig I lived in a block of units with a carport that backed onto my kitchen, it was my habit to pull in hard do a half arsed stoppie at the same time kill the engine, flick the side stand down, when the back came down I would let it come to rest on the stand and step of the bike in one movement.
However one day I flicked the kill switch back on and the engine kicked in and the old girl launched and I just managed to stop before going into a brick wall or the kitchen I think I killed some bottles of home brew though. I bet my eyes would have been like the Toecutters'at the end of Mad Max.

Chris

davio
16-12-2008, 03:38 PM
mm duke 860 with the ss vertical kickstart , all was fine until the first red light, went to put my foot down but the kickstart was inside my jeans ,i did a 30 sec edge of balance show and over i went, had the surrounding tintops in hysterics

davio
16-12-2008, 03:46 PM
funniest i ever saw tho was a monkey bike when we were kids ,had broken throttle so we wired it up to what was the rear brake lever ,, so 3 blokes watch me mono and lose it in a mud puddle, i fall off the back, my mate who was 10ft in front of me catches the still upright bike as it idles toward him,, but he caught the ex brake now throttle lever at the same time ,the bike accelerates and he faceplants onto the seat still holdin the throttle as both crash into a tree behind him ,, oh for a video of that one

336LJ
17-12-2008, 12:31 AM
quote:Originally posted by davio

mm duke 860 with the ss vertical kickstart , all was fine until the first red light, went to put my foot down but the kickstart was inside my jeans ,i did a 30 sec edge of balance show and over i went, had the surrounding tintops in hysterics

shoulda played dead, or faked a heart attack/stroke. then they would feel bad for laughing, and ud be the center of attention (and might even get mouth to mouth by a hot chick)

CBRRRT
17-12-2008, 05:32 AM

When I lived with my mum and dad I asked her to iron my jeans for me before they went out for the evening, but she forgot. [V]

I thought it would save time to iron them on, so I plugged in the iron forgetting about the steam and stuck it on my leg. A jet of steam came out and burned my dick right bollock and leg. [B)]

There was no one home but me so I had to get on my RD 250 and get myself off to the hospital. :(

It was fuckin agony riding as my leg and dick kept hitting the petrol tank every time I touched the front break. [V]

When I got to the hospital they asked how the accident happened, so I told em. [:I]

The cunts kept me waiting another ten minutes while they finished laughing and telling every one in the A and E department what the kid in number 3 just did. :D

30 years have passed since I burnt myself and I've managed to track down and kill every one of those cunts on my list that laughed. [}:)]

Should I add your name to the list too? [xx(]

Its all true apart from the last bit................Or is it???????

Merlyn
17-12-2008, 06:45 AM
you poor bastard... that had to hurt...

boris
17-12-2008, 06:54 AM
I can relate to that one davio but with my shoelace on my workboot got stuck on the footpeg, never put it down but so so close

debaser
17-12-2008, 10:11 AM
Some more stupid shit, getting a pillion off a mate it250 yammy. Kicking new plastic floppy road marker posts. Found where the council stopped installing the new ones and left the old wooden ones. Drunk, shorts, no gloves.

Climbing off the back of mates xt250 (pillion) onto some chicks dads ute, to try and impress her of course. Chick freaks out, hits brakes, I hit the back window with face.

Borrowed a customers yz490, took to nearest discrete spot. Dropped into a huge puddle while on full revs.

Ahh the 80's
All the bad things happen on yamahas for me. mind you I haven't ridden many kwaka's or hondas.....

CBRRRT
17-12-2008, 08:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by Merlyn

you poor bastard... that had to hurt...

LOL IT DID, matey girl, it did :(

slip
17-12-2008, 10:16 PM
Most of the really stupid stuff I've done has turned out fine, so I don't really class it as such, mainly just awesome.

Worst one was probably riding a DT200, out bush with Dad, Unkle, and a few other boys. First real ride with dad... Going a bit quick on a fire road for my (lack of) skill, hit a rock, off into the long grass. No worries, back onto the road we go, just have to wheelie up this 3ft vertical ledge. Turns out DT200's don't power wheelie in 3rd. They just accelerate. Bad.

Epic display of cartwheeling according to the old man. Bucked the front wheel so bad it wouldn't turn through the forks. Next 1.5 days of riding was... interesting.

I didn't go riding with dad after that.

He did the same thing to his old man. Grandad would just wait for the cops/ambos to call when the 2/3 brothers went out riding... 1st ride with the old man, out the driveway, down their home street. Dad goes flying past standing on the seat doing a Christ pose or something. Hits a rock one of the boys threw on the road earler, eats shit with his leg in the rear wheel. No more rides either.