PDA

View Full Version : crazymofo and his new steed

crazymofo
10-09-2008, 10:32 PM
took the tl1000s to the track recently,

already faster then i ever was on the SV.....

down to 1:22 for the full national circut in my 3rd session aboard the beast..... a 4th gear issue (fucked dog) meant i had to do the rest of the day without 4th... meaning best i could manage was 1:24;s

anyhoo... turn 2 chasing down a k5 gixxer...

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j70/crazymofojoe/joe4.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j70/crazymofojoe/joe5.jpg

turn 6

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j70/crazymofojoe/joe2.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j70/crazymofojoe/j1.jpg

theres plenty of speed to gain... front pushes badly in turn 2, run out of brake leaver travel means i cant do no hero braking either...

still, ive just received my 07 750 gsxr front end, so on wards with the new project!

cheers.joe.

Lucas
10-09-2008, 10:35 PM
Great pics Joe

Fish
11-09-2008, 08:59 AM
Time to update you sig Joe, looking forward to seeing the build on the tillis.

TurboKat
11-09-2008, 09:08 AM
Warms my heart [^]
I had the same front end issue with my TL at the track Joe, with the stock springs, I was bottoming the forks out in the middle of the corner, heavier (.95 kg/m) springs fixed it so your Gix f/e conversion should see you right.
The biggest suspension improvement I - & I recommend you do the same - made was swapping the rotary damper for a modified CBR 600 shock (without the spring) It made it possible to drive it heaps harder off the corners & doubled the life of my rear tyres [8D]
Good to see you pushing it mate, here's some food for thought...
You'll always go faster on a racetrack if you have a dedicated (cheap) trackbike ;)

& then, of course you go RACING [:p]

fimpBIKES
11-09-2008, 09:30 AM
good shit mofo!

wish i could give some advice re: suspension but mines nothing like yours so... :D

i thought they closed QLD Raceway?

crazymofo
11-09-2008, 12:00 PM
tk. already got an ohlins. twas the 1st thing i bought for the bike. bought the bike knowing very well their probs, . . .didnt mean shit to me as i.m planning to what i did to the sv plus a whole lot more. bike now has a fucked box. so its a engine out full blown build now. ready for afr 09. CHEERS.JOE.

zx12argh
11-09-2008, 12:13 PM
g'day joe - looking great mate. with a bit of luck i'll see you out at qld raceway - late 09 :(
See you afr 09! ;)

Rocket
11-09-2008, 11:47 PM
Hey Joe, good to see you on your new beast.
Give it shit mate !

TurboKat
12-09-2008, 09:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by crazymofo

got an ohlins.
Well that's the rear end sorted then ;) While we're on the Ohlins, I looked at one before I did the CBR shock conversion & I was disapointed that the gas reservoir sat really close to the rear header pipe & the extreme radiated heat from the pipe would have heatsoaked it badly. Obviously it's not desirable to heat the shock or the reservoir because the hotter the oil, the more the shock performance fades :( The odd thing was that Ohlins could have easily positioned the res. away from the pipe by basically casting it on the other side if the shock body without fouling anything [V] Very odd from a company like them I thought. I spoke to 2 blokes at the time who had them on their TLs (both fast road riders) & they confirmed that the longer you rode, the looser the rear end felt :(
Anyway, you could solve the issue by wrapping the rear pipe with header tape but I'm hearing a lot of stories lately about pipes cracking when using that stuff.
Maybe Ohlins woke up to themselves & rejigged the design?

fimpBIKES
12-09-2008, 11:51 AM
my bitubo has a remote res, but the dude i bought it off was trading up to an ohlins so i guess theyre better (he was a bit of a trackday junkie i think)

hey, how long are your new forks
the ones i put on my tiller (gsxr1000 k2's) are shorter
its caused me all kinds of greif with radiator clearance and weight distribution, my rear is light as
althought that is also probably to do with seating position....