PDA

View Full Version : Fuel filter

ninjaboy
09-09-2008, 10:43 PM
I want to change my fuel filter and there are no kawasaki dealers ( that i know of ) in darwin anymore. I was hoping that you could use a filter around the same size off another bike, like you can with oil filters, but i was told it has to be the exact same filter. Just wanted to know if this is true cause i didn't think it would make much difference.

Hillsy
09-09-2008, 10:54 PM
A fuel filter is just a fuel filter. I've used car ones before no problem. Take your old one to Repco and find one with the same size inlet/outlet and you'll be fine.

ninjaboy
09-09-2008, 11:09 PM
Thank you. That's exactly what i thought! It just filters fuel! But the guy at the motorbike store says "oh no, it's gotta be the exact one"...........whatever. For a second i thought there was more filters than filtering. Just needed to make sure. cheers hillsy.

ninjaboy
09-09-2008, 11:11 PM
"more to filters than filtering".....is wat i meant to say

Shadowzone
10-09-2008, 09:19 AM
Mate an inline filter is an inline filter. You can run one from a boat if needs be. If you have a local bias boating store they are normally very cheap. If not sign up to their mail order cattledog online. As long as its the right size entry and exit as otherwise noted it won't matter. I know MCS used to put out some trick looking alloy ones for around $50 too with a replaceable cartridge. I never used them so can't vouch for quality but they did look the goods.

w195
11-09-2008, 11:20 AM
Believe it or not lawn mower/small engines shops are worth a look. They usually got neat little small ones you can hide and normally pretty cheap too.