PDA

View Full Version : Parts in the UK

pappas
05-09-2008, 12:06 PM
I'm off to the UK next week and was thinking of doing some shopping for the bike while I'm over there. Can anyone point me in the right direction for Streetfighter parts and also old (89) gixxer parts.

Cheers!

gibbo
05-09-2008, 01:08 PM
Chase up Alfie, lives there and owns early suzuki, or get onto oldskool suzuki and introduce yourself.

Pommy Chopper
05-09-2008, 03:29 PM
Where abouts ya going??
If you're anywhere near Parkstone/Poole i'll tell ya a couple of places to go and check out!!

Cheers'en

Tony Nitrous
05-09-2008, 03:54 PM
If you pay and collect the good you will be charged
17.5% GST/VAT which you then need to try and claim back.
Tax is for UK use NOT on exported goods.

I went back last year and im going again in a couple of
months. If you check out the goods, agree on a price, pay
them and get THEM to post to AU there is no VAT/GST to pay
there and everything I have bought under $1000 has sailed
through customs this end untaxed.

Just make sure you get a good deal on the P&P.

Straightline Racing in Kings Lynne used to be THE "go-fast"
Suzuki shop for a while but that was a while back.

Gix11
05-09-2008, 04:02 PM
Just pick up a copy of Streetfighters Magazine from your newsagent mate. There's heaps of UK advertisiers in there. If you want second hand parts just look for Junk yards. There's heaps more bikes scrapped over there.

Jockney Rebel
06-09-2008, 03:32 AM
if ur going to london try All Bike Spares - London SE10 0PX Tel/Fax: 0208 293 5335. All Bike Engineering. Opening hours Mon to Fri: 09:00 to 17:00
hes got loads of old suzuki bits all cleaned and on the shelf .or...
go see jon or ian at
Riverbank Motorcycles.[commonly known as mikes bikes ] Unit 12, Riverbank Business Park, Dyehouse Lane, London, E3 2TB Tel: 020 8983 4896.Bow E3
and for the ultimate sourch anything in europe suzukiplace try

Spares Direct Ltd, 861 Harrow Road, College Park, London, NW10 5NH. ...theyve been doing suzy spares since 1977and have a vast range of stuff on the shelf especially rare gear they bulk bought a shit load of stuff from japan a few years ago evrything form panels to switchgear most of it NOS , for instance their the only place in europe thats got a full set of OEM GT750 exhausts brand new ..[not much use to you i know but rare as rocking horse shit]

alfiestorm
07-09-2008, 10:58 PM
Where abouts are you heading when you get here oh yeah and bring some warm clothing you'll need it.
About the vat tax thing you can claim it back at the airport ,there is a tax shop place there that do it for anyone flying out of europe all you have to do is show them your flight ticket as proof of leaving europe.

There is heaps of places to get what you want here.

I am in Portsmouth about 75 miles from Heathrow.

I might have some of the parts you are looking for ?

Alf

pappas
08-09-2008, 12:27 PM
Thanks fellas, I'm in London this weekend for about 4 or 5 days, then off to Germany for Oktoberfest, Italy then the Greek Islands! Fuck I can't wait to drink some Stein's in Germany!

While I'm in London I'm staying near The Oval, Kennington , I think?

Didn't think of that Si, I've got a fairly new copy of Streetfighters at home, I'll have a flick through it. I think I might stay in London for a couple of nights so might check out some of those places thanks Jockney.

Pommy, I'm not to familiar with places around London, I think I'm a fair way from Poole though.

Alfie has it been cold over there mate? My girl just left there and said it wasn't to bad. Here I am thinking i'll get some good hot weather over there! Oh well I'll just have to find a good pub to drown my sorrows!!

Thnks for the info!

alfiestorm
08-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Have a look at thie link. It is quite reliable for weather forcasts. You can change locations to get an idea of what the weather is going to be in the other places you are going.
Enjoy Oktoberfest it's wicked. The Germans make some realy good beers.

Heres the weather link

http://www.accuweather.com/world-forecast-15day.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&locCode=EUR|UK|UK241|LONDON&metric=1

Alf

Pommy Chopper
08-09-2008, 06:18 PM
From what i've been told it's pissed down for the last couple of weeks and it's generally pretty miserable.
Practice on your Polish and Urdu and you'll be OK.
I'd stay away from Portsmouth mate, most of the houses have wheels on and are towed around the country behind Transit vans, with the occupants doing dodgy roofing work!! ;)

Be careful in them English pubs too, they sell beer with flavour, now you won't be used to that, ask them for extra bubbles and a touch of lemonade to knock the alcohol content down and you'll feel at home!!

Have a good un!!
Cheers.

alfiestorm
08-09-2008, 08:39 PM
You got a bit confused that was all the scousers passing through with thier houses on wheels on thier way to Dorset.
:D:D:D

You must have been one of the lucky ones and learnt how to read a map and get out of Dorset and navigate the cattle grids [:o)][:o)][:o)]:D:D

Had a couple of days of pissin rain and wind not much else thats english weather totally random you either get it good or not.

Anyway like your work mr chops some good stuff on your site. I liked the part that says we dont do harleys :).

Pommy Chopper
08-09-2008, 08:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by alfiestorm

You got a bit confused that was all the scousers passing through with thier houses on wheels on thier way to Dorset.
:D:D:D

You must have been one of the lucky ones and learnt how to read a map and get out of Dorset and navigate the cattle grids [:o)][:o)][:o)]:D:D

Had a couple of days of pissin rain and wind not much else thats english weather totally random you either get it good or not.

Anyway like your work mr chops some good stuff on your site. I liked the part that says we dont do harleys :).

Have a look at creationcustoms.co.uk that was me for 11 years. used to do Harley shite back then but not now!!
Not far from you, near Ringwood.
Used to live in Scummer til we moved here in 06!!

Cheers'en:D

pappas
08-09-2008, 09:31 PM
Thanks Alf! Looks like I'll be pretty cold but at least it won't be raining. Well at least that's what it says.

Pommy as long as it's cold beer I'll drink it! Not to keen on the warm stuff you guys drink....

HOS
09-09-2008, 04:48 AM
Best get ya bum up to Santa Pod this weekend then ?

http://www.extremebike.co.uk/

Token British bloke here :D

pappas
09-09-2008, 10:21 AM
Looks the goods HOS. Just googled for directions from Kennington and it said 8hrs by public transport!!

Jockney Rebel
09-09-2008, 04:32 PM
papp Kennington S.E.11..is next to Brixton so practice yer reggae mate is not far from Bow by tube ,if you find whatyer looking for at Riverbank ,youll find loads of yer countrymen working for him[he ll try to hire you a bike !!]say hi to him from me ..:}

HOS
09-09-2008, 08:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by pappas

Looks the goods HOS. Just googled for directions from Kennington and it said 8hrs by public transport!!

Much easier would be.... Mainline from London to Northampton mainline station, taxi from Northamtpon Station to Santa Pod, about 12 miles. Maybe ??

If the rain stops we will be there !!!!!

HOS
09-09-2008, 08:18 PM
Orrr..... you could pop up The Ace cafe and see whats going on ?

http://www.ace-cafe-london.com/

pappas
09-09-2008, 09:41 PM
Nice Jock, I was supposed to be leaving Friday but now leaving Thursday, so will have some time to head over to Riverbank. hmm might be an idea to hire a bike for the weekend if the weathers good. If I stay sober for long enough!