PDA

View Full Version : Sandblaster/powder-coater

Fish
03-09-2008, 05:11 PM
Anyone know of a good powder-coater/sandblaster south side of bris? Need to get some things sandblasted and powder-coated soon, and would like to only have to do it once.

Cheers

Shadowzone
03-09-2008, 05:16 PM
Don't know how good they are but there's a joint on Lytton road about half way down the straight as you come off the hill on the left heading to the Port?

Best I can do for ya mate.

ozkat
03-09-2008, 05:55 PM
There is a young bloke in Pailings crt in Nerang that will do it. He is into bikes has a couple of RG500s i think. Cant remember the business name. A real good bloke and does a top notch job. He wont be hard to find, he is just down from Couriers Please. I wont use anyone else. PJ Powder Coating near ENZED are a bunch of wankers and will fuck up whatever you give them.

zx12argh
03-09-2008, 06:22 PM
If you said North side I would say Spectra Coatings - we use them a lot at work tho not sue if they do small batch stuff.

Fish
04-09-2008, 09:43 AM
Thanks guys, I'll check it out.

Gix11
04-09-2008, 05:38 PM
I'm not sure on Brissy suburbs but the results from this mob looked unreal:

LEWIS & SONS Powder Coating
Robert Lewis
156 Riverside Place
Morningside QLD 4170
3899 1277
roberto@lewisandsons.com.au
www.lewisandsons.com.au - not working yet.

As for blasting, a guy from Suncoast Hydroblast hit me up at Story Bridge claiming his work was better than any he had seen and he'd been doing it since forever (he was pretty old). His details:

Greg Lee 0407 135 121

Might be better for pre polishing though as opposed as it's softer cleaning to clean components, de-carbonise and de-rust, so it gives no component erosion or impregnation which means critical measurements are maintained.

.... yes, that was off his card.

Shadowzone
04-09-2008, 07:15 PM
Local mob in Townsville here will do full frame for $220 + GST. Powdercoated. The glass like finish on top is about another $100 + GST which I think sounds reasonable. Does it have to be black though? Can they powdercoat in colours? I know thats a stupid sounding question but I honestly have never thought of it before. (and I forgot to ask them when I was on the phone)

zx12argh
04-09-2008, 07:26 PM
They can powder coat in just about any colour any finish these days. Just it costs more... Fancy colours prob double what black is.

Shadowzone
04-09-2008, 07:30 PM
aah well I want gold or blue like bens TL love that blue that was the one i wanted anodised