PDA

View Full Version : Water in fuel

sharky
02-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Does water go into lil' blobs in petrol ?
I drained a float bowl tonight to check what jet I had in (afer my 'smokin dyno run' at the gold coast show.
The 'blobs' were a brown-ish colour. I have immediately drained the rest of my tank to check the fuel in it.
Incidentally......no wonder the poor girl smoked on the dyno...My redline is at 9500.....he revved it to 11300 [:0] (good old acewell gauges).

ozkat
02-09-2008, 08:44 PM
Just hold a lit match or lighter over the open fuel cap, the heat will evaporate the excess water :D

dinorider
02-09-2008, 08:50 PM
got one of them acewell dash`s on my bike and the oil light stays on but when i hooked up the old light it works fine.ant idea what the problem is? oh and yeah that would be water mate.try a bit of metho in ya tank with the refill.

oldskool
02-09-2008, 09:27 PM
Russell sorry to hear about your Arsewell look the goods but are crap , Dino has the idea metho is the goa , put a hole small bottle in at next fill up ,its all flammable and not much will stop an old Hammond like yours dolly. x

zx12argh
02-09-2008, 09:38 PM
hey rus - i'll third the trick. used it on the 12r with no probs. Water and metho mix which then makes it a similar density to fuel which can then burn.

gibbo
02-09-2008, 10:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by oldskool

Russell sorry to hear about your Arsewell look the goods but are crap , Dino has the idea metho is the goa , put a hole small bottle in at next fill up ,its all flammable and not much will stop an old Hammond like yours dolly. x

Acewell stuff is crap [?] are you talking from experience here Oldy, rang Ben to order one yesterday but he is away. If acewell are no good what should I buy:(

oldskool
02-09-2008, 11:15 PM
The taco part lies , if you want a reliable taco you need to go up market $$$$
The speedo part works well and looks the goods.

Stocky
03-09-2008, 06:42 AM
Put some metho through it. Add some metho to the next tank of fuel

It'll get the water out.

scotty
03-09-2008, 01:29 PM
My Acewell is just a bit out(taco only) but for the $$ I dont think u can get better..
Dino. try hooking up the oil light in reverse( with an led they have a specific earth)

Iceman
03-09-2008, 04:56 PM
I was planning on buying an acewell too. Only coz I need a speedo, Booster lost the pushie one I had on there, I dare say he's ploughed it by now. lol

dinorider
03-09-2008, 05:38 PM
thanks scotty will do that as it makes perfect sense as i believe the switch on my mates z1r works by power to the light and earth to the switch