PDA

View Full Version : Brake Lights

WarHound
02-09-2008, 01:25 PM
Hi
Got my bike up and running and ready for a roadworthy except for one thing... Tail lights are on but not firing when I press either the front or rear brake. My knowlege of what to look for is limited but I put a multi-meter on the plug that the brake lights go into and there was no voltage change there when the brake is pressed in. I am wondering if there is a relay somewhere that might be fragged but I get lost trying to follow the leads as they wind through the loom. This is a 99 - 01 GSX750 F wich I am sure is similar to a bandit or other bikes close in make up .. So I was wondering if anyone had ideas on what to look for or where to look for a possible fault ?
Thanks
Mark

slickncghia
02-09-2008, 01:29 PM
fisrt off make sure that either the back or front brake light switch is not "stuck on".

a wiring diagram helps if have one. basically try shorting and testing as many points as you can.

ie short the front brake light switch ect to see if the switch is broke. its likely not a switch as they are both not working ...but never assum, i had some funky symptoms when my fr brake switch was working

dinorider
02-09-2008, 08:07 PM
try testing at the power side of the fuse or try to earth from light to the chassis.helped me sort out my number plate light.sounds stupid but have you checked that the globe isn`t screwed?

WarHound
03-09-2008, 07:59 AM
tried different globes .. 8) ... Do you know which fuse is for the brake lights ? I looked in the fuse box and there is ignition, signal headlight, dash I think ? I am guessing signal but I am not too sure 8)

dinorider
03-09-2008, 05:28 PM
again not takin the piss but are you using dual filament globes ie one for brakes the other for tail light?will check my mates gsx750f fuse box to see but i also have the manual that suits your bike as well.

WarHound
04-09-2008, 08:02 AM
Hey there thats cool no I am using LED's but the original brake lights dont work either. It maybe I have something not plugged in or a broken wire somewhere in the loom I guess .. but bulbs are all cool 8)