PDA

View Full Version : electrical nightmare

andy
28-08-2008, 07:37 AM
Hi all, i have hit a problem and i cannot fix it, i cannot get my front and rear lights to work properly, rear light only works when i pull the front brake lever then every thing comes on and the front low beam light works when it is not earthed and no high beam, then u earth it an i have the high beam with no low beam, AAAAAHHHHHH. am crap at wiring. Front and rear r both led, bike is a 96 blade, any help i would be greatful of, Thanks Andy.

Iceman
28-08-2008, 11:19 AM
Andy, try wiring your low beam into the parkers and the high beam into the standard highbeam wiring. This is the easiest way to get both low and high on at the same time. Don't know about the rear lights, just keep play'n around til u get it.

_M_
28-08-2008, 02:41 PM
Sounds like your tail light line is wired into the brake light line, you should have three wires coming from the tail light, one is ground, one is brake and one is tail light. now trace these wires back to where they are split, get out your multi-meter and find out where the tail light line is, its the only one that should be giving current when the ignition is in the on position, brake light line should give current only when brake light is pressed (dah), ground should be a black line. But your only going to find out by experiment.

andy
29-08-2008, 04:32 AM
Thanks . i will keep trying and see what happens, Cheers

ej03
30-08-2008, 01:06 PM
Hi Andy,
ckeck your earth conection might ge corroded????
rear light earthin out throgh the brake lite circut....
eletcts are simple, power and earth.
lots of people arountd here to help.
Check the earth between battery cable and frame 1st.
then start checkinf for a crossed wire, switchblock????
some where all the wires come togeter, fuse block.
Don't cut, replace, joine wires untill you find the problem.
:):):):):):):):):):)