PDA

View Full Version : Chasing Pushbikes

Razorback
24-08-2008, 11:14 AM
I just went on my normal short ride... (for the ADEL folks) up LNE Road round thr reservoir and back down Newton Road, takes about 45 mins - 1 hour and is just a really cool ride with about 90% of in the twisties.

Anyway.... coming down Newton road and about half way down there is a pack of pushies (bout 10) and MAN!!! they are HONKING! I sat behind them for about 2-3 minutes because I just couldnt get by. These guys are hitting the bends about as fast as I would have been if they werent there and Im having to wait for a straight to get round em!!

Here I am on a 180 rear and still feeling like Id like more rubber on the road and these guys are keeping up on on about 20mm LOL

How Embrassement [:0]

Gotta hand it to em they got cahones![xx(]

Fish
24-08-2008, 06:37 PM
I wish they were all like that. The ones up here in BNE are fucking useless, 20 across 2 lanes of traffic going slower than a road kill roo. Pisses me off!

336LJ
26-08-2008, 04:09 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bitchfish

I wish they were all like that. The ones up here in BNE are fucking useless, 20 across 2 lanes of traffic going slower than a road kill roo. Pisses me off!

yeah then the fuckheads fly up beside your car as you open your door without ringing their bells and wonder why you nearly wipe them out. I hate the cunts leaning on my car, I keep moving the car to try make em fall over.

xb9r
26-08-2008, 07:13 PM
Keep a glass BERRI juice bottle in the car and just as you get in front of em lob it out the window and see how many of them get flats

Razorback
27-08-2008, 08:55 PM
Actually the way these guys were travelling a cup full of oil would have been pretty bloody funny [}:)]

pt
29-08-2008, 08:34 PM
next time you all ride a deadly treadly you'll understand why they ride like "fuckheads". same reason alot of motorcyclists ride like "fuckheads". cause otherwise we'd be under a cage in about ten seconds flat.

anyway, the way the rear on my roady treadly squirms when cranked i wonder how the fuck these guys you were chasing even styed on!

Shadowzone
29-08-2008, 09:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by xb9r

Keep a glass BERRI juice bottle in the car and just as you get in front of em lob it out the window and see how many of them get flats

I'm sure this was intended as a joke, but mate it's really not funny.

Two wheels is two wheels and think of the rot we cop of our four wheeled friends?

Come on man this just gives us more grief when the idjuts who don't know any better take it seriously...

loosebruce
30-08-2008, 04:24 PM
Went down Mt Panorama one night on a treadlie, no lights except moonlight.
Good rush, it was too!

Jockney Rebel
30-08-2008, 06:44 PM
i just got my little un a tonka pushie with suspension ..lol he loves it [hes only 3.5] it looks like a little dirt bike monoshock rear and springs on the frontforks ..
anyway ...last time i rode a pushie it was in holland and i think i found the only hill in the entire country lol [i was pissed at the time tho ]used to work with a few cycle couriers [when i was doin the london circuit ]and i tell you ........i wouldnt ...not for all the tea in china

morrigan
30-08-2008, 07:16 PM
Isn't that why we have engines?

xb9r
30-08-2008, 09:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by Shadowzone

quote:Originally posted by xb9r

I'm sure this was intended as a joke, but mate it's really not funny.

Two wheels is two wheels and think of the rot we cop of our four wheeled friends?

Come on man this just gives us more grief when the idjuts who don't know any better take it seriously...

Mate when those lycra wearing latte drinking Terry triathletes ride in single file stop at red lights and stop signs travel at the signed speed ......this list could go on for ever ......... then they mite earn some respect don't get be wrong we all started on pushies but there is a responsibility for them to up hold as well

Shadowzone
31-08-2008, 12:48 AM
XB9R - I agree with some of it. But we have bad riders on bikes, I drive trucks and there are blokes who drive them that shouldn't be allowed to run a tonka truck through a sandpit let alone a B-Double down the highway, there are car drivers who should be banned from the roads as well. But at the end of the day whilst there are bad ones on Pushies, there are some who are decent law abiding riders too. I guess it just seems to me to be a very double edged blade in regards to the behaviour/misbehaviour thing. And far be it for me to be the one casting the first stone, one look at my traffic history would be enough to turn most people's hair white. I just missed something in the translation I guess, cause I can't agree with not showing them respect on the roads given the little we get from car drivers ourselves. (And yep maybe its a lot to do with not having to deal with as many way up north here?) I don't know...