PDA

View Full Version : Anodising Brisbane Area?

zx12argh
22-08-2008, 01:09 PM
As the title says anyone got a contact in the Brissy/SE Qld Area?
Cheers

Gix11
22-08-2008, 04:24 PM
What about show standard Powder coating? This mob that were at the Story Bridge Show had some good stuff on display:

LEWIS & SONS Powder Coating
Robert Lewis
156 Riverside Place
Morningside QLD 4170
3899 1277
roberto@lewisandsons.com.au
www.lewisandsons.com.au - not working yet.

mods
22-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Yeah, I saw Lewis and Sons at the Storey Bridge. Absolutely I'll be using those guys for next year's build.
As far as anodising goes, I got some stuff done here in Brisvegas for my TRX and was basically complete shit. I sent my stuff for the R1 to a mob in Sydney or somewhere near there, and it was bloody brilliant. They're easy to deal with on the whole mail order thing too.

So, all in all, didn't really answer your question, sorry.

zx12argh
22-08-2008, 07:02 PM
Got powder coaters sorted thanks Si - need an anodiser for my triples and a couple other ally bits. Powder coating just wouldn't look right on them thanks anyway.
I want to keep it local to cut risk of transit damage and theft...

Shadowzone
03-09-2008, 08:09 PM
Who did you use in Sydney?

I want to get a frame done and while it's down there it makes sense to get it done.

Would no doubt solve my postage problem too.

mods
03-09-2008, 08:36 PM
I sent my stuff to these guys. I'll be sending my thunderace bits to them too.

Anodizers Pty Ltd (ABN 68 107 883 161)
Office Hours are Mon-Thur 7am to 4pm, Fri 7am-1pm
Tel: 02 9533 2333
Fax: 02 9534 1611
Email: admin@anodizers.com
Address: 55 Barry Avenue Mortdale NSW 2223

Shadowzone
03-09-2008, 08:44 PM
Thanks for that mate, any ideas on roughly how much a frame will cost to get done? I don't really want to think about how much the block is going to cost me either since I know that the freight on that alone will be horrendously expensive

mods
03-09-2008, 10:08 PM
I got 22 pieces done, things like heel plates, shift rod, fiddly little shit, and it cost me $150. I thought that was pretty reasonable. How much for a frame........ dunno. They're happy to talk with you on the phone, and explain different finishes and the techo stuff, so give them a ring and get an estimate. If you've got any nutserts or things like that in the frame, it might be worth talking to them anyway as to how that stuff will survive the anodising process.

If you call them, let me know the price, I still have to decide between anodised frame or molded and painted.

Shadowzone
04-09-2008, 09:50 AM
Just spoke to them and they'll only do stuff which is cast or billet they won't do frames cause they cant use the right acids in Oz they need to to get the finish looking good. Same with engine blocks and stuff. Don't do. If it aint billet or Cast they wont touch it which is a shame cause now it's powder coating time...

And as for the Engine? I'm stuck for ideas again...

zx12argh
04-09-2008, 12:26 PM
Get it two pac painted - you can get some pretty cherry colours these days. Venom was painted this way and the paint is still going strong.

Shadowzone
04-09-2008, 02:14 PM
Thanks ZX just checked out the Venom Thread fell in lust with some of Ben's work right around page 10 and that exhaust. Almost exactly what I want.

That colour is the right one so now to find a painter locally who can/will do it and it's on.