PDA

View Full Version : Fork Springs?

Gsxar
16-08-2006, 07:15 PM
Alrighty I have these forks and there pretty shit :D
Got a Gsxr750 89 with standard 1100 forks in it, the other day they were practically seized with very little movement. Cleaned them out changed the oil - they move a bit better.
Measured the springs and going by the manual they are 2 long (by 10m) so I’m thinking I replace the springs and they should be better? thoughts?[8)]
Ok assuming I replace I springs I need to make them softer, how do I work out what ones I need for my weight? Last question where is best to get them? Thanks in advance:D

TurboKat
16-08-2006, 07:25 PM
Suspensions R Us, used to be in Cranny now in Devon Meadows.
Don't have the Ph. No. it'll be in the phone book.

Booster
16-08-2006, 07:33 PM
Try here http://www.racetech.com/evalving/menu/searchstreet.asp
Should give you a good idea of what you need.you will need to know your pounds/kg conversions.

TurboKat
16-08-2006, 07:57 PM
Get Ross to pull your forks apart & check out the bushes & cartridges before you order the springs Jo, the action felt pretty stodgy - like they could be binding or valving gummed up or summat.

Booster
16-08-2006, 08:37 PM
Actually i didn't intend you buy whichever springs but use the programme to find the correct spring rate!
I have a set of springs from an early zx6 rated at ~.6mm/kg for 41mm forks and there are probably others that may have the right springs for you just sitting in the shed.

Gix11
17-08-2006, 11:12 AM
That's a good/handy link there Booster. Cheers mate.

Booster
17-08-2006, 11:35 AM
I use it all the time, my bikes, mates bikes. Very handy
And if i do buy new springs or valves i use the racetech , mostly because they have this information freely available.