PDA

View Full Version : intake/exhaust manifold spacing

rebellyell
13-08-2008, 11:28 PM
Hi is there anyone here who knows if the exhaust spacing on a 93 Gsxr750 WN is the same as a newer gsxr 600/750 01 and up ?
The reason i'm asking is I've been offered a great deal on a Turbo set up for a gsxr600/750 the turbo is a t25 hks and it comes with the plenum and exhaust manifold and the blow off valve.
I'm one of the new guys here so I'm a tad embarassed having to ask for help right away:D
Mick

Booster
14-08-2008, 08:08 AM
Welcome Mick
I think you will find most stuff is the wrong shape, look at Deano's buildup and my landspeed racer build and you will see the differences.
turbo is good, if the kit is the right price buy it and sell off the parts that don't fit and use that money to get something that will fit.

Fish
14-08-2008, 09:08 AM
quote:Originally posted by rebellgixxer

I'm one of the new guys here so I'm a tad embarassed having to ask for help right away:D
Mick

Mick don't worry about that here. People are more than willing to help out if asked. You'd get more flamed for not asking and ballsing it up that for asking how to do it the right way. Good luck with the turbo, I'll be keeping my eye out for it on here. ;)

rebellyell
14-08-2008, 12:52 PM
Great I have been offered a kit for a song $500 :)
So I can always sell of the manifold and plenum to someone who can use it:)
Mick

Deano
14-08-2008, 06:11 PM
exhaust spacings are way different. the wn has the cam chain up the centre of the motor the srad is up the side. due to the frame differences you would be best selling them and starting from scratch.

is it being fitted to the wn or the later gsxr?

if fitting to the wn the gearbox could struggle. i belive the later 94 onwards had a stronger gearbox as they had 4 dogs on 1 and 2 gears compared to 3 on the previous models. also a 1100 clutch would be in order as the 750 baskets will fly apart if fitted to even a slightly tuned 1100. some people have done 6 speed conversions on there 1100 and found this out the hard way