PDA

View Full Version : Dyna 2000 ignitions

alfiestorm
15-08-2006, 04:36 AM
I have collected three Dyna 2000 ignition boxes they all require repair and are all out of warranty I also have the pick up plates and rotors for two of them these are all suited to the oil cooled GSXR's.
It aint no good sending them back to the states for repair as they do not actually do any repairs they just test them and if they are faulty they destroy them and send out replacements thats ok if they are still under warranty if not then you would have to pay out for complete new system.
I have tried to find someone here in the uk to fix them but no luck at all.
Is there any one or organisation that will be able to repair them in Australia if there is i will keep hold of them and bring them with me when i move to south Australia

1 has suffered water damage.

2 no output for cyclinders 2 and 3.

3 electronic advance and retard for 2 and 3 not working causing cylinder 2 and 3 to over heat and cut out.

If I can get them fixed in Aus when i get there I will have some cheap dyna 2000 ignitions for sale or swap.

They cost £280 GBP converted to AU$670 is this how much dyna 2000 are in Aus or as usual are the prices a rip off in the uk

Rocket
15-08-2006, 02:44 PM
Mate if you brought them to Australia and found someone to repair them. I'd sure be interested in taking one off your hands if the price was right.

houle john
21-08-2006, 10:41 AM
you're gonna need one for the turbo , rocket.

Rocket
21-08-2006, 08:04 PM
That's what I thought Toe Cutter.
But I asked Holeshot about them and they told me they're not needed. I can stay with stock timing for low boost and just slot the stock timing plate and retard her 4 degree's for higher boost.
I'd like the option though and the idea of being able to adjust my rev limiter is also appealing.

alfiestorm
22-08-2006, 06:27 AM
Looks like i may have found someone to fix them here in the uk at nearly bugger all cost. If they turn out ok i will be bringing two complete with pick up plates dyna 2000 ignitions for the gsxr oil cooled motor in full working order and one spare box for myself.