PDA

View Full Version : value of original 750 88 slingshot?

edstar78
09-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Just after some advice. Thinking of selling my 2nd bike, need a new streetfighter project, a tottally original gsxr750 j slingy.(aftermarket headers, single side exhaust- , k&n filters jetted to suit. I have the original exhaust, 3 single seat conversions(one signed by colin edwards), spare headlights etc. After seeing the mcycle trader special on them i am confused as to what i should b asking. It is original (red/ white)has 53000km on the clock, no leaks, looks good for a 20 yr old. Performs faultlessly. I can email a pic to someone if they can post it. Always gets comments. I also have a 2nd bike exactly the same model which i use for parts - complete excepte for half the fairings, speedo and the engine has low compression. The bike can be seen at 'slingshot.cc' under visitors bikes - Eddie (melbourne australia) still had double exhaust in this pic.
advice apreciated

Gix11
11-08-2008, 05:37 PM
If in doubt use the Red Book mate - anyone switched on will (as will your bank or tarder): http://www.redbookasiapacific.com/cs/bikes/specs.php?R=120555

chopaweeza
11-08-2008, 05:57 PM
I bought mine for $1100 in good shape with little work needed . Short stroke motors mean shorter sale price mate .

edstar78
11-08-2008, 08:48 PM
thanks for the comments. Redbook values can be a little out of range for older bikes that there are fewer of. I was a little confused about the prices published in a mag article about them fetching 5 or 6k which also seems extreme. Actually had a little windfall and am keeping the bike now and just bought a fiddy for fun! Thanks again for the feedback! Still lookig for a project though