PDA

View Full Version : Any gun/rifle enthusiasts ?

sharky
08-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Can anyone tell me what a 1902 .22 Winchester single shot, bolt action might be worth ?
Reasonable condition, mechanism all works and fires.

BANDITROD
08-08-2008, 06:09 PM
prob around $80 - $100 bucks russ and you will be lucky to find a buyer but if ya keen still give it a go mate

Weaselman
08-08-2008, 06:12 PM
yeah its bloody hard to move on old firearms.

BANDITROD
08-08-2008, 06:27 PM
dont i know it i have been into guns for a long time and i have learnt that most old rifles are hard enough to give away so i dont bother with them anymore but on the same note i would still try russ cos i have never advertised a rifle in QLD before so you might have more luck

EFE 1230
08-08-2008, 09:06 PM
Can't you get more $$$ by sawing off the barrel, cutting down the stock and selling it to your local lebbo junkie???

loosebruce
08-08-2008, 10:10 PM
My brother in law (firearms dealer)had a wheelie bin full of single shot and cheap semi auto .22s to send in to the buyback when it was on (1996).
Big arse fines and jail time for unlicenced/non secured firearms, nowadays.
Another of the fun things they are trying to legislate out of existence.

[}:)]

BOHEMION
08-08-2008, 10:21 PM
$200 for almost mint condish mate. Why that rifle mate? if you dont mind me askin

sharky
08-08-2008, 10:45 PM
quote:Why that rifle mate?
We had a tidy up at work and found one lodged in some U channel behind some racks....not in bad nick but obviously not worth the aggro...

Azrael
08-08-2008, 11:07 PM
Wipe it and drop it in a salvo bin, its the "other" amnesty!

Lucas
08-08-2008, 11:12 PM
I kneew a bloke who was selling off ex military 303's, unfired, still in the original brown oiled paper for $70 ea. Couldn't imagine it would be worth too much unless it was a collectors item.

Phill
09-08-2008, 08:03 AM
call it an antique, remove the bolt and register it as such. display it and wait for the next amnesty mate.
I surrendered mine last time and got more than i paid for them!
there were a heap of these made but you may be lucky and have a "rare" year model. see your local gun shop or contact some collecters perhaps?

latheboy
09-08-2008, 02:49 PM
If its over 100 years old i dont think you have to register it, i got a couple of muzzle loaders that i got told by a gunsmith that they dont have to be reg. Might be different with a .22 because you can still buy rounds for it ... be careful not to get caught with it... You can just take it to the cop shop and hand it in, its not a problem..

sharky
09-08-2008, 03:14 PM
I think I'll do the only honourable thing with it.....
Rip it to bits and see if anything can be used on the bike [}:)]

papa smurf
09-08-2008, 04:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by sharky

I think I'll do the only honourable thing with it.....
Rip it to bits and see if anything can be used on the bike [}:)]

Hey Russ, use the bolt as the gear lever or rear brake pedal.
That'd look tough as.[8D]

papa smurf
09-08-2008, 04:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by EFE 1230

Can't you get more $$$ by sawing off the barrel, cutting down the stock and selling it to your local lebbo junkie???

Good idea but we don't got none of them around our parts.

BOHEMION
09-08-2008, 05:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by Phill

call it an antique, remove the bolt and register it as such. display it and wait for the next amnesty mate.
I surrendered mine last time and got more than i paid for them!
there were a heap of these made but you may be lucky and have a "rare" year model. see your local gun shop or contact some collecters perhaps?

Bit more too it to than that. By removing the pin assembly, Bolt peice Etc its classed and temporaily inopporable, meaning its still techncially a firearm. Jump on the QLD Police site mate they will tell you what they class and permanently inopperable. Also if it was hiden away, it may have been so from some dodgy prick, so a record could be linked to its serial number. Not worth the hassel mate, put it back there and call the cops to come get it. or get ya licence and come for a shoot:D

pt
09-08-2008, 05:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by papa smurf

quote:Originally posted by EFE 1230

Good idea but we don't got none of them around our parts.

Lucky you!

i agree with what Bo said. just call the cops to come get it. not really worth the hassle otherwise:)

sharky
09-08-2008, 07:46 PM
Even easier...just slice and dice with me grinder and put the bits in the wheelie bin..
Last time I went voluntarily to the cops (in the uk) with a wallet I found in the road (full of credit cards,licence etc but no cash) they pretty much accused me of emptying it and wanted all my details....Told 'em to fook off and left it on the counter.

Learnatic
12-08-2008, 02:54 PM
Many years ago in Canberra I bought an SKK from a gun shop so had a licence,a few weeks later some nut went apeshit and shot a heap of people with one so they banned them,cops rang me a few weeks after and said bring it in and we will compensate you.Even with receipt they gave me half what I paid for it.When I took it in I put it in a big bag and chucked it on the counter and stepped back,cop opened it and said "why did you do that?"I said if i carried it in here you would have shot me 20 times before i got to the counter,he said "your probably right"

DaveK5
14-08-2008, 05:32 PM
A few years back friend of mine got his Roo shooting trailer stolen..a venerable arsenal of modified rifles...a 7.62 a 6.5 a couple 30 06's one of em a long barrel and a hair trigger 308...and the local country cop back home said "Oh well they'll turn up" [:0].
Ol mate was fuckin spinnin...what,what,what..forget martin bryant who evers got my guns could take out a shopping mall from 300yards.

He's never heard a word of what happened to them since...I doubt he ever will.

fimpBIKES
15-08-2008, 02:47 AM
speaking of guns
im in japan at the moment, shopping at a local TAM TAM (hobby shop thing)
they have a whole section of the most realistic fuckin BB guns you'll ever see

was firing off an empty M16, wicked :D

JackTar
15-08-2008, 12:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by Lucas

I kneew a bloke who was selling off ex military 303's, unfired, still in the original brown oiled paper for $70 ea. Couldn't imagine it would be worth too much unless it was a collectors item.

Still in contact with him Lucas?

Lucas
15-08-2008, 12:17 PM
Not for about 8ish years, might be able to get in contact with his son though

pt
15-08-2008, 01:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

speaking of guns

go to the markets if you can find em, cheap enough to buy one, have fun then chuck it.[8D] oh and buy some fucking fireworks too while youre there:D
have you come across a beer vending machine yet? or the hot coffee in a can?

pt
15-08-2008, 01:39 PM
quote:Originally posted by DaveK5

Ol mate was fuckin spinnin...what,what,what..forget martin bryant who evers got my guns could take out a shopping mall from 300yards.

He's never heard a word of what happened to them since...I doubt he ever will.

with those rifles 800 would be doable and 1000 yards if you are half decent.[:0]

Chris41
15-08-2008, 02:57 PM
I used to set the targets at rifle range that the old man used to shoot at. 300m was the minimum distance. Top shooters can hit a 300 mm center at 900m
at 300 they used to use worn barrels so as not to get too much swing.

Large
15-08-2008, 07:13 PM

speaking of guns

You in Tokyo Conrad?

Been to Ahkihabara?

fimpBIKES
20-08-2008, 12:37 PM
where?

im back now, went to a circuit called "ebisu"
fuck that place was crazy 6-7 race tracks on the side of a hill build around a SAFARI PARK!!!

Lucas
20-08-2008, 12:41 PM

where?

6-7 race tracks on the side of a hill build around a [red]SAFARI PARK!!![red/]

It wasn't a Safari park, it was the race track take away;)