PDA

View Full Version : US custom fighters magazine

BillyWhizz888
03-08-2008, 07:06 AM
Free postage for now

http://www.customfighters.com/shop_new/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16&products_id=63

Iceman
03-08-2008, 09:26 AM
Just got that email too. I'm gunna get one.

Tone
03-08-2008, 10:54 AM
Free postage was on pre ordered...erm,orders.
$8 from now I believe.
Winging its way to my door now,I heard this morning.Onya Chris.

BillyWhizz888
03-08-2008, 08:05 PM
NOPE [u]free postage</u> until otherwise informed

Gix11
04-08-2008, 03:56 PM
Even to Australia?

Tone
04-08-2008, 08:07 PM
Yeah Si,mine was free postage.I emailed Chris about it a while back and he said "free postage"
on the pre-ordered mag.Pretty bloody good of him I thought.

yantosh
10-08-2008, 04:53 AM
got mine today

ab420
13-08-2008, 04:13 AM
Yantosh, what do you think of it? Unfortunately, we got KILLED at the post office when shipping out the pre-orders... they charged us over $8 EACH to ship them to Australia!!! So, for now shipping IS being charged... however the cost is just getting the to AU, not the weight of them...

it costs $8 to ship one over there... but only $9 to ship 5... so, if any of you guys live close enough to eachother that you could order together, you could save a ton on shipping. If one of you orders 1, unfortunately, its going to cost you $14 to get it there... but if 5 of you get together and order, it would only cost you $7.80 to get 1 to you.

We are currently speaking with some people in Australia about setting up a distributor down there to substantially lower shipping costs, but it most likely won't happen until issue #2 at least...

Anyways, thanks for the support guys, hope you like the magazine! We've had a very good response so far in the States. Also, we need to get some Aussie 'fighters in there, anyone got really high res pics and a sweet fighter they want to show off? Hit me up: miller@customfighters.com

Gix11
13-08-2008, 04:32 PM
Have you changed your email address mate?

Tone
13-08-2008, 07:18 PM
Got the mag today...wanna verdict Chris ?
S'fuckin great.Content,pics,certainly price, I even like the stock it's printed on.Even got my username on the inside front cover,nice touch.
Top job all round and if that's a sign of things to come I'll be subscribing fo'sure.
Well done.:D

JackTar
14-08-2008, 05:36 PM
Got mine today, I hope that free postage thing is not a one off but seriously even if it is I will probably still get it, I would pay for postage if I could subscribe to streetfighters, bit of a hit and miss affair here in Canberra.

ab420
15-08-2008, 03:59 AM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

Have you changed your email address mate?
No, I just have many email addresses.... why did it not work for some reason? If not, try almostbasic@gmail.com

zx12argh
18-08-2008, 12:23 PM
quote:Originally posted by ab420

Yantosh, what do you think of it? Unfortunately, we got KILLED at the post office when shipping out the pre-orders... they charged us over $8 EACH to ship them to Australia!!! So, for now shipping IS being charged... however the cost is just getting the to AU, not the weight of them...

it costs $8 to ship one over there... but only $9 to ship 5... so, if any of you guys live close enough to eachother that you could order together, you could save a ton on shipping. If one of you orders 1, unfortunately, its going to cost you $14 to get it there... but if 5 of you get together and order, it would only cost you $7.80 to get 1 to you.

We are currently speaking with some people in Australia about setting up a distributor down there to substantially lower shipping costs, but it most likely won't happen until issue #2 at least...

Anyways, thanks for the support guys, hope you like the magazine! We've had a very good response so far in the States. Also, we need to get some Aussie 'fighters in there, anyone got really high res pics and a sweet fighter they want to show off? Hit me up: miller@customfighters.com

Just a thought mate - but how about selling us a PDF version - no freight and I am pretty sure you can do locked distribution versions so one per purchase no copy pasting to mates ;)

fimpBIKES
20-08-2008, 12:29 PM
i'd definitely buy a pdf version!

customfighterer
25-08-2008, 11:32 AM
glad to hear some hype about the mag is going around. VERY glad to hear you guys like it. We worked real hard on this and its gonna keep rolling. So those of you who mentioned subscriptions, they are now available.

and as chris said...if you got hi res pics of a bike you want printed in fanmail, send us a couple with a spec list and your info. or if you got something we might want to feature hit us up for sure!!!

adam@customfighters.com

Fight_fan
25-08-2008, 11:47 AM
Im keep to subscribe! Which link do we use the U.S subscription one?

Jay_G
26-08-2008, 11:11 AM
I would be keen for a PDF version, i have stopped buying the UK streetfighters "bible" for the time being due to it jumping up to $12 a copy now

customfighterer
03-09-2008, 05:55 PM
yah a pdf version is a little to easy to distribute to the entire internet free of charge for my likes.

fightfan...if you want to order a subscription shoot me an email. I'm going to try and get up an ABROAD Subscription section in the store. . . writing it down on the neverending list to do as i type this!

customfighterer
03-09-2008, 05:56 PM
email adam@customfighters.com

StuNVA
03-09-2008, 07:11 PM
You can do locked distribution pdf as said above, a couple of the market reports available that come in from the states use this function and it works. I'd be a subscriber to this, unless you can find an Aussie distributer.

customfighterer
04-09-2008, 08:35 AM
as of right now the PDF isn't going down..however i will look into that locked pdf.

but we did set up an aussie subscription for those that are interested.

http://www.customfighters.com/shop_new/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=16

thanks guys....and dont forget to send me pics for the fanmail section (HI RES 300 dpi) with brief descriptions as well as feature bikes!

again my email is adam@customfighters.com

customfighterer
01-12-2008, 11:43 AM
Fellow Fighterers! I'm trying to get our magazine, CustomFighters Magazine, in full circulation of the globe for all eyes to see. We're soon coming out with the second issue here and I know theres a good amount of fighters in Australia that havent yet seen this first one. The scene is clearly present in Australia, so I'd love to be a part of it and help expose it to the rest of the world!

What I need to do is find someone interested in helping to distribute the mag there in Australia. I can get a flat rate shipping box and jam pack the thing to save on shipping cost from the US. Then whatever individual or shop would mail them around to everyone interested and make a bit of ching for pot or beer or gas for the motorbike!

What this would take. . .
Someone willing to work with us to distribute magazines down there. I'll supply magazines, you mail them around to everyone interested.We can even help set you up a means of taking orders if you dont have a way to do so. If things work out well, we could send shirts and other products as they become available if people are into the stuff. I'd like to be able to get it there as cheap as possible because I know shipping is god damn expensive. a fucking $6 magazine ends up being $20 including shipping if you order a single, and I dont want anyone to have to pay that much for our smut! haha.

And as will now forever be true, I'm looking for feature bikes, interesting fighters, and shops as well! So if you are or know someone who falls into any of those categories and/or are interested in becoming our Aussie contact, dont hesitate to contact me.

adam [at] customfighters [dot] com

(thanks si for giving the okay to post like this and not nazi'ing me outta here!)

Fight_fan
01-12-2008, 03:02 PM
Stu? BanditRod?

_M_
01-12-2008, 06:27 PM
If you could get a box too our consolidator in Morrisons IL (i think) we get a shipment in every week - 2weeks im sure that would be alittle cheaper to get it out here, or if someone else imports stuff from america and you could get it to their consolidator it would really get the price down. Depending on size and weight a magazine should be able to once here go in a 500g express bag for $7-8 or an envelope for depending on weight $2-3 dollars, if we could get them here at a decent price it shouldn't be too hard to get rid of them.

customfighterer
02-12-2008, 03:23 AM
500g's is just over ONE pound. . . i was thinking of sending a box of about 20 lbs, somewhere between 40 and 50 magazines. shipping cost of that is like $40-50 USD.

_M_
02-12-2008, 12:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by customfighterer

500g's is just over ONE pound. . . i was thinking of sending a box of about 20 lbs, somewhere between 40 and 50 magazines. shipping cost of that is like $40-50 USD.

Lets say you ship it @ $50USD ~ $80AUS and 40 mags = AUS$2 a mag from US
then once here it could be sent @ $2.75 for a large letter 250g-500g (as 40 mags ~ 20lbs ~ 1/2lb a mag = between 250 and 500g)
so we could ship it at $5 a mag once here, lets say US$6 a mag ~ AUS$10 we could have it to everyones door @ AUS$15, obviously any exchange rate above 0.60c will mean cheaper prices, so we'll say max $15 as i used the largest prices and lowest mag. count and lowest exchange rate.
I also didn't inc. any, import duties, taxes etc. so the price may rise if the government finds out.

davio
02-12-2008, 05:46 PM
CUSTOMFIGHTER!!count me in for a mag buyer im so chuffed ,i have only ever seen hideous orange county style things from the states so it was a revalation to see u guys build real bikes too ,im so impressed im going to cut my hangin shit on u yanks by 3% or more, seriously ,, well done and hope the mag goes well

davio
02-12-2008, 05:48 PM
and to whoever takes up the import shit ,u can add me to the list pls

customfighterer
11-12-2008, 04:52 AM
bump...free monies??? you know you want to make some money off of us. Second issue is going to press this week, so there'll be another one coming out after the new year. BOTH issues filled with hot FIGHTERS from all over the world!

whos in??

BANDITROD
11-12-2008, 05:37 AM
I may be interested mate pm me the info and we can try to organized something

customfighterer
11-12-2008, 03:44 PM
email sent.

BANDITROD
11-12-2008, 03:58 PM
replied mate

customfighterer
11-12-2008, 04:34 PM
magazines in a box headed your way asap! what size shirt are you Rod??

BANDITROD
11-12-2008, 04:47 PM
umm that would be fat......yeah i am XXL mate

customfighterer
04-01-2009, 05:25 PM
so i heard there might be CF magazines available down there for you guys now!!! :D

BANDITROD
04-01-2009, 06:11 PM
Thats right guys for all of you that were wanting mags i now have some stock and i will post up some pics soon and sort out pricing and all that stuff so if you stillwant one shoot an email and i can sort you out

cheers Rod

Tone
04-01-2009, 06:43 PM
I'll take one (issue #2) Rod,let us know the cost and post to Sydders thanks.
But remember it only cost $8 delivered from the states for issue #1;)

JackTar
04-01-2009, 07:36 PM
I will have one too Rod, do you need a hand with this stuff mate? I was considering offering to have them sent to me but only an amount that was ordered not just an arbitrary number of them. That way the publishers could take all of the money for them including Aus internal postage and then just give me the postage money and a list of names/addresses for them to be sent to. Would be better if they could be pre-enveloped and addressed then all I would have to do is put stamps on and send them. Just some ideas but if you have a handle on it Rod then cool.

customfighterer
13-02-2009, 05:03 PM
guys, issue #2 is done and being shipped. Will be getting a box headed down there in the next week!

BANDITROD
13-02-2009, 05:06 PM
wicked mate and sorry for late reply tone and jacktar i had forgotton about this thread and adam si is on the job for us mate

now tone as soon as it arrives down under mate i will send one out for ya

and blowie i will pm ya

Gix11
13-02-2009, 06:37 PM
Rod, for some reason that image you sent has been lost. Fucking Microsoft shite! Can you send it again please mate.

BANDITROD
13-02-2009, 06:44 PM
can do mate i do it right away

BANDITROD
13-02-2009, 06:46 PM
you have mail si

customfighterer
18-02-2009, 05:07 AM
good deal then. good reviews of the mag so far. cant wait for you all to see it!

BANDITROD
18-02-2009, 06:29 PM
hey adam look here

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14360