PDA

View Full Version : ASF Racer Sponsorship

Allison Appleby
02-08-2008, 06:08 PM
Thanks to everyone who has shown interest in Daniel 'Wheelsy' Wheeler's story. I have located the brakes that he needed so that will definitely help to get him the stopping power he needs. The next problem that is looming is funding. He has not had any work for the past 2 weeks and to make it worse, his dad got king hit by a fucken psycho and has not been able to work either. The boys just don't know how they are going to get to the Tassie round - can you PLEASE help. The suggestions that gix11 put up last week are great. Your donation could seriously help this amazing riders career.
If by any chance you have not had a giggle at my awkward entry to Streetfighters and some interesting reading and pics of Wheelsy, go here: http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11442&whichpage=1

quote:Originally posted by Gix11

Meet my mate Al everybody. I put up the post about brake pads in the advice needed section the other day. I only got back on the site today since Friday.

I guess we could do some kind of ASF sponsorship in the form of all chipping in a few bucks? I'm up for that. We could also give him a couple of decals for his bike if he was willing to put them on. Be good to have the ASF flag flying with such a promising rider. If anyone is interested in helping out let me know and I will start an ASF Paypal/donation fund to pass on to him.

Lucas
03-08-2008, 03:49 PM
I'll put a few bob up if I get my face on his helmet, Rossi style;)

Seriously tho, I reckon a big ASF 'duster decal would look the goods covering his nice white lid.

Dark Reign
03-08-2008, 05:59 PM
im sure i can spare some peso's for a young lad that, quite clearly has bucket loads more talent than myself.

Allison Appleby
04-08-2008, 10:10 AM
Guys that is awesome! I will talk to Gix11 and see if he can get the Pay Pal fund going asap. Daniel will be so stoked and it will hopefully take some pressure off his mind - god knows he has had a lot of that.
I am currently setting up a website for the kid so it will great to get the Streetfighter logo/story/link all there too. We are going to put a 'supporters' page up too so you can drop him a line - some words of support would be smokin.